View Single Post

Thread: 4e-Anyone else interested in Amethyst?

1. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: 4e-Anyone else interested in Amethyst?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Glyphstone View Post
    Interesting setting idea...though I'm curious how or if they intend to make up for the likely dearth of controllers? I know 4E parties don't need a controller, but with no arcane or divine power sources aside from Wizard, that limits any party who wants a Controller to either the Wizard or Druid.

Amethyst does have a lack of controller classes. Wizard being the only real example. We do allow exceptions in canon rules and any DM is welcome to make exceptions in their personal games. I don't have all the classes in front of me so I can't go into details but you're probably right, Wizard and Druid are most likely the two notable examples of controllers you can take. With divine powers out, it would be difficult to populate your party with a controller if you don't want the aforementioned exceptions.

That being said, Amethyst does have a controller as part of its lineup of science fiction/modern inspired classes. The Grounder class can lay down area effects with autofire weapons. It's one of his builds.
    Last edited by DiasExMachina; 2010-05-14 at 05:45 PM.