View Single Post

Thread: Worlds largest dungeon

1. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Worlds largest dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by Moriato View Post
    I have not finished it, but I've played it. It's more like "World's emptiest dungeon". Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of stuff, but you can tell that, since the dungeon is so HUEG, they had trouble trying to fill the space, so what you get is a lot of rooms with nothing in them, or random stuff that has nothing to do with the rest of the dungeon.

After a couple levels of this monstrosity we all just really wanted to go back to town, sell our stuff and go on a different adventure.
    Yes, this is rather true. One of the intentions of the WLD was more-so it's usage as several seperate dungeons as opposed to one long crawl, though it could be used either way.

I think a more interesting dungeon crawl experience would be Monte Cook's latest project www.dungeonaday.com/

It's planned to go from 1 to 20, and each day there is a new area added with a new encounter. Even better is that almost each area has a revisit encounter of some sort to help demonstrate that the dungeon still functions while the PCs are in it.
    Last edited by Pink; 2010-05-20 at 05:44 PM.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show