View Single Post

Thread: Questions about star wars saga

1. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Questions about star wars saga

The condition track killer has been mentioned, and that's about it. It can easily be defeated by a swarm of smaller opponents. As opposed to focusing in killing many.

Jedi can be broken at low levels and the so called "force wizards". But by end game around the mid way level 10 they are seriously going to suffer. Defenses and BAB scale exponentially, and you sort of peak out on skills. They really can't catch up. This is okay for most skills, but for UTF that means your not hitting as often, and your force powers will be vastly outclassed in terms of damage compared to a lightsaber focused Jedi.

Force Wizards are only problems at low levels to mid levels. Only the most focused in charisma and possibly with a destiny bonus to Use the Force could possibly remain viable at the upper levels.

Other than those it is a remarkably well balanced system. Oh and stay away from the feats that let you to reduce MAD. They allow you to use one ability score for more things. Usually defense related. Totally imbalanced, and it breaks the heavy MAD most classes have going on.

I know it sounds weird, but it is well balanced when all abilities are useful to most classes. And with all the multiclassing? It's usually good to have well rounded stats.

Edit
    If you use a point buy th3e force wizard shouldn't be a problem. To pump his charisma he would seriously need to hinder his other stats. Jedi only get 2 base skills + any other extra trained skills. Also if Jedi aren't careful a well built soldier will pound them into the ground. These two classes go toe to toe excellently even though you wouldn't think it.
    Last edited by Gamgee; 2010-05-22 at 04:18 AM.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

Deny a monochrome future!!! -Radio Gosha-