1. - Top - End - #8
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/Pathfinder] Build Help: Combat Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    To be fair, my other issue with bard is that PF bard measures bardsong in rounds per day rather than uses per day--lamesauce extraordinaire.

I've perused White Raven and while it is pretty leadery, it's more "CHARGE" leader than "HIT HIM AGAIN" leader. That statement makes no sense, let me try again:

TL;DR I want to play Theoden instead of Boromir.
    It's well...it depends on your maneuver selection. I think White Raven is perfect for a leader rather than a frontliner too. Try this:

Stances:
    Bolstering Voice
    Tactics of the Wolf
    Swarm Tactics

Maneuvers:
    Leading the Attack
    Douse the Flames
    Tactical Strike
    White Raven Tactics*
    Covering Strike
    Flanking Target
    Order Forged From Chaos*
    Clarion Call
    Swarming Attack
    War Master's Charge

The *s don't require attacks at all, and the rest boost others' stuff with your attacks, aside from War Master's Charge which...well, yeah. But it's a level 9 maneuver so I'm just giving it a free pass.

As for the Bard song, well, meh. I'd still think it's worth it; maybe talk for stacking the Warblade/Crusader levels with Bard for duration of Inspire Courage too due to the way it got rewritten with Song of the White Raven?
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2010-06-03 at 04:34 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.