1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default [3.5]Alternative Energy Sources aka Never Ending Rage

For my own amusement (and possible use in some ancient ruins) I'm trying to develop a never ending energy source based off of the Goliath Rage Ring from Races of Stone.

Currently I'm working with the idea of a giant hamster wheel made of aurorum (BoED) hooked up to a generator. I figure the aurorum will keep it from being worn out over time.

Throw a Barbarian 6/Frenzier Berserker 4 Killoren (Races of the Wild) in the wheel. Create a permanent illusion of a monster or something they can rage at. Make the illusion appear to run from them. Hook a crossbow that creates its own ammo (similar to the armbow in the Eberron Campaign Setting) and trigger it to fire at set intervals, just to insure the subject stays angry.

Equip a ring of sustenance and boots of the unending journey and it should be able to frenzy forever.

Can anyone spot any glaring flaws in this plan? Other than the obvious impracticality of it, of course. Any suggestion or ways to improve or streamline it would be appreciated as well.
    Last edited by PapaNachos; 2010-06-26 at 03:16 AM.