Quote Originally Posted by MickJay View Post
Corruption should not be used to reflect "evil actions", but contact with and dealings with Chaos alone. After all, you don't see people grow tentacles or becoming huge slugs for doing evil things, and corruption does make one mutate eventually.
Um, what. The corruption of Chaos is precisely behaving bad - first, it is cutting someone a little, then a bit more, then a week after that you begin rambling about skulls and buy a Chainaxe to do a little bloodletting. Chaos is subtle, it doesn't corrupt anyone by dealings or contact, well, unless they're Tzeentch or Slaanesh, and even in these cases, your behavior is perfectly sufficient.

The part you mentioned, books and dealings, is used only when you need a quick fix of power, or some kind of deal. If behavior slowly heats the proverbial water until it boils, the deal hits it with lance battery of corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifthin View Post
It was amidst the last of these questions where the party killed him in "mercy". Was that sufficient justification for the actions ?
You know, I think what you did was... well, pointless. If I wanted to keep him from escaping, I'd break his legs or spine, if I wanted him talking, I'd bring the real torture (though, that's pointless, too, unless you can check if they say the truth, as they will lie). This is kind of both, kind of useless, and it might be well a corrupting behavior of someone more sadistic than he needs to. I'd need more data to decide.

As for the party, yeah, if he won't talk, and if I can't keep a prisoner, why bother? Only if you know he knows something (which is unlikely in a grunt's case), and you can walk him out, I'd consider leaving him alive.