Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
Okay, it looks like the post is before Necromancy so here it goes.

1. The blades don't translate well to D&D. They'd bypass hardness entirely.
2. Change telepathy and slight build into class features to to try and remove some of the LA. Make it more playable.
3. Detect Psionics is generally a supernatural ability. If it is you need to say so, and if it isn't, you need to say so.
4. +16 on diplomacy checks in any situation is too powerful. You should probably remove this.
5. The armor is way too strong. Temporary HP equal to your total? If my current guy were a protoss he'd have 150 temporary Hp. How about equal to the lower between HP total and wisdom modifier?
6. The Psy blades as written seem weak. They deal 1d8 damage and that's all? With other swords you at least get your strength modifier.
7. Does the Protoss have 3 hit dice or 4? I can't tell what that 1d4+1 is doing there.
1. They're exotic. Plus they are meant to bypass hardness. They are generally for carving up vehicles. Plus, you have to be psionic to use them. Also, sunder rules as written don't really award you for wielding a one handed weapon, so I personally think that's okay.

2. Alternatively, I could convert the entire creature into a monster class, using the methods in those other threads.

3. Fair enough.

4. It's only against others of the same race as them. They aren't really meant to square off against others of their own race. The GM can easily offer them another threat besides another member of their own race. And yes, even those of drastically different alignments can get along. Moral quandaries are pretty much pushed aside. Also, they aren't human. Finally, diplomacy is overrated - it takes 5 minutes to affect the attitude of a creature, and a GM can easily find a way to interrupt this at any time.

5. I guess it could equal total hp up to X (for +1 enhancement), up to Y (for +2 enhancement). Each value would increase the more expensive or 'higher quality' armor you wish to purchase.

How about equal to the lower between HP total and wisdom modifier?
I don't really know what this means, could you expand on your point? If it's just wisdom modifier, then it's not very much temporary hp (+5 max at around ECL 3). Unless you mean wisdom score or total hp, whichever is lower (rather then 'whichever is higher'). Alternatively, I could say it'd be equal to total hp, but only while wearer is psionically focused.

6. Forgot strength modifier. Will add it in.

7. The +1d4 is commoner hit die. The protoss used to have humanoid levels, but I took them away. The protoss in the stat block is a little wonky in that sense - we could assume he maxed out the light protoss monster class, perhaps?
-------

What about PEACHing the zealot? Also, thanks for being the first to respond to this thread in months.