Quote Originally Posted by Private-Prinny View Post
So we wait until nightfall, then? Sounds good to me. I do have one question, however. Brother Quickfoot, did you happen to "take care of" their messenger? We can't have them knowing about us.
The halfling smirks, turning to Aramis and whispers, "No, I didn't take good enough care of him. I tried," he says with a trace of sarcasm as he glares at some of the more lawful committee members, "but he had a horrible accident. He fell down a flight of stairs and landed on some daggers." He concludes with a small, knowing wink to Aramis before taking his seat once more.

As the little thief sits, a warforged covered in runes rises and approaches you. "You are not ready to face the Hands, as a blacksmith is hardly ready to craft weapons without his tools. For this reason, I have made tools for you."

Crossing in front of all of you, the mechanical man stops in front of Dike. He pulls a ring off of his finger and slides it onto the monk's left index finger. "In order to war with spirits, you must often become one." He comes to Douglas next, greeting him with a gentle smile. "You'll do more than you can imagine, child." As he speaks, a flap in his arm opens to reveal a hidden compartment. He retrieves a set of thick glasses and places them on the man's face. "Your foes are like your handiwork; you must strike fast and true." He gives Douglas a friendly pat on the back before moving on.

Coming to Predator, the warforged squints at the man, as if he was trying to study him. After a brief pause, a look of recognition comes over his face, and he reaches into the bag he wears on his back, carefully retrieving a cloak covered in sharp points. "Yours is an enemy that cannot be subdued. You must destroy them." Taking a somber pause, he turns to Aramis. "But to destroy your foe, you must know them. May knowledge always be at your fingertips." He reaches into the same bag and retrieves a thick, leatherbound tome. As he drops it in your hands, you are surprised at its lightness.

The warforged skips over Nixeu, muttering that he has already received his gift. He comes to Shosden, quickly retrieving a pair of armbands from his pack. "While knowledge is necessary," he states, "it must be accompanied by power. Never relent." He straps the armbands on the cleric, nods to all of you, and reclaims his seat.

The angel speaks once more, her voice booming: "Prepare yourselves for the task ahead. Your gods, and ours, depend on you."

OOC: Make any preparations or plans in-character here. For OOC discussion and strategizing, please take it to the OOC thread. PMs have been sent to you all describing the powers of your magic items. Sorry for the long post.