Hello everyone;

First (or second) time poster, long time lurker, Im about to start a new group this weekend and I was wondering if I could have some input on what Im intending to do (Ill be DMing; have a bit of practice, but me and the group at which I learned the ropes learned 3.5 together and is a bunch of very competitive min/maxers, so very different animal).

Anyways, the group Im starting with this sunday consists of two very new players (barely gone through half the player's handbook yet), one not-so-new player (used to be the other two guys DM, got them killed at lvl 3 in an introductory adventure playin by RAW), a not-so-motivated guy who is in it just to get a social outlet, but likes the mechanics of combat, and a very experienced guy who used to DM but has his rules all fuzzed up from playin several different systems at some point.

Since most of our group is new and inexperienced, I was thinking a more "railroady" module would be best to start things off. I actually offered them freedom to use any books they could find / buy, but they asked for it to be restricted to core "at least for now, so we dont get confused". So Im thinking giving them a sort of sandbox adventure world wont be very succesful.

I remember my very first roleplaying experience was using this module:
http://www.greenronin.com/store/product/grr1002e.html
Death in Freeport, by Green Ronin. It has very little combat and even less gold / treasure, and its full of interaction, with a maybe rigid plot. I think it would work well with a new-ish group who is still learning the ropes; if anyone else has played it / run it, would you agree?

Also, anyone has any other suggestions for low level adventures for such a group as mine? Or any idea in general? Anything you have to contribute will be hugely apreciated! :D