1. - Top - End - #20
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: The Retooled Ranger: because rangin' isn't just shootin' and dual-wieldin'

Evasion and Improved Evasion + something at 19th? Mettle seems slightly underwhelming as a penultimate ability though. Maybe a Fortitude-only version at 14th? and delay Improved Evasion to 19th?

But then, as you said, delaying even Improved Evasion that long seems too long and too underwhelming for Pre-Epic play...

Hmm. Spacing is all wonkified to hell by it, but maybe some kind of Combat Style Perfection at 19th or 20th. I was initially thinking maybe about allowing certain benefits from the combat style to be applied to non combat style weapons/techniques.

Hmm... A half-initiator or quarter-initiator in a 1/2-to-1/3 caster class like this would probably just be inappropriate, even if it could be tied to the combat styles... x.x

Move away from the combat styles though, i guess... look at it and its flavor... Agile/Mobile, Canny Combatant who is at one with his surroundings/da wilds...

Maybe crib a bit from the Horizon walker's terrain mastery? Either in principle or fact...

Maybe make Wild Empathy applicable against plant then ooze creatures? Possibly then remove the penalty for using it on Magical Beasts... That could spread a minor thing across 3 levels in addition to first (4 if you unstick it from 1st as the basis for the pattern)... Fairly throwaway thought there, and it would be pretty random to boost it without any kind of pattern or to shift patterns in order to put it in as a pattern...

Even discussed it a bit with a friend of mine...
    the capture really entertained me

the ability to stop jaunters at high level is excellent
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-08-27 at 01:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide