1. - Top - End - #252
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes(2.0):adapting creatures for player use-taking reque

I'm afraid I don't have pistures for these. I'm thinking of putting them in the same entry as the kython, but I'll post them here for now, since a new post is more noticable.

The Kython Impaler
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites: To become an impaler, a player must fufill the following conditions.

Must be an adult kython with no levels in another kython prestige class

HD:d8
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |Charge, Speed boost, +1 dex
    2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |Bone parry, Sure-footed, Shadow shell, +1 dex
    3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |Impaler, Eviscerate, +1 dex[/table]
    Skills: 2+ int mod. An Impaler's class skills are Balance, Climb, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Survival, Swim, and Tumble

Proficiencies: An Impaler is proficient in its natural wepons

Features:

Charge: An Impaler grows large, extendable bone spikes from the palms of its hands. If it charges, it can use all four spikes in a single attack that deals 6d6 damage(plus double strength modifier)

Ability boost: An impaler gets a +1 bonus to dexterity every level.

Speed Boost: An Impalers land speed increases by 20ft

Bone parry: At second level, an Impaler can use its bone spikes to defend itself in combat. This ability works like combat expertise, but the Impaler multiplies the dodge bonus to AC by the number of arms used to parry. The Impaler counts as having the combat expertise feat for the purpose of prerequisites. If the attack bonus traded exceeds the impaler's class level, it is not multiplied. The Impaler cannot make claw attacks with any arm used in this manner, and cannot use its charge attack while bone parry is in use.

Sure-footed: A second level Impaler is no longer slowed to half speed when moving over difficult terrain, provided the terrain doesn't require a skill check just to move through it.

Shadow shell: Also at second level, the exoskeleton of an Impaler becomes better suited for stealth, granting the Impaler a bonus on hide and move silently checks equal to 1/2 their HD.

Impaler: At third level, the Kython is now a full-fledged impaler, and its increased agility grants it the evasion ability. Upon reaching 15HD, the Impaler gains improved evasion

Eviscerate: If a third level Impaler uses its charge attack against a flat-footed opponent, it can strike at the opponents weak spots, dealing double damage. Any creature immune to critical hits is likewise immune to this ability

comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    The impaler only really had one ability that set it apart from the adult kython, so I added a few unique abilities relating to speed and the use of its bone spikes. The Impaler is, in my mind, a fast, skilled melee-assasin, so thats what I tried to create

The Kython Slaymaster

Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites: To become an Slaymaster, a player must fufill the following conditions.

Must be an adult kython with no levels in another kython prestige class

HD:d10
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |Serpentine form, Greater poison, +1 str
    2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |Deadly screech, +1dex
    3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |Growth, Improved grab, +1 str
    4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |Virulent poison, Constrict, +1 con
    5th|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |Enhanced defense, +1 str
    6th|
    +6
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |Slaymaster, Disruption field, +1str
    [/table]
    Skills: 4+ int mod. A Slaymaster's class skills are Climb, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Survival, and Swim

Proficiencies: a Slaymaster is proficient in its natural wepons

features:

Serpentine form: Upon starting down the path of the Slaymaster, A kythons legs are replaced by a serpentine tail. The Slaymaster can use this tail to make a tail slap attack dealing 1d6 damage(plus half strength modifier)

Ability boost: The Slaymaster gains a +1 bonus to strength at levels 1,3,5 and six, as well as a +1 bonus to dexterity at level 2 and a +1 bonus to constitution at level 4.

Greater poison: A Slaymaster's poison strengthens, dealing 1d8 points of strength damage.

Deadly screech: At second level, a Slaymaster can let out an extremly loud shreik as a standard action, with the sound concentrated on a paticular point within the range of its blindsight. Hitting the target requires a successful ranged touch attack. On a successful hit, the slaymaster deals 1d6 points of sonic damage per 2HD it possesses to the target. After using this ability, the Slaymaster cannot use it again for 1d4 rounds. This is a supernatural ability

Growth. At third level, a Slaymaster grows to large size. Its bite damage increases to 3d6 and its natural armor increases by one.

Improved grab: If a third level slaymaster hits a medium or smaller opponent with a tail slap attack, it deals normal damage and can attempt to start a grapple as a free action. the creature takes tail slap damage each round it mantains its hold

Virulent poison: At forth level, a Slaymaster's poison deals 2d6 points of strength damage.

Constrict: A forth level Slaymaster can constrict a grappled opponent, dealing an additional 2d8 points of damage(plus 1+1/2 strength).

Enhanced defense: At fifth level, a Slaymaster can halve the range of its blindsight to create a protective barrier. The Slaymaster gains a deflection bonus to armor class equal to a 1/3 its HD, and spell resistance equal to its HD + 11.

Slaymaster: At sixth level, a Slaymaster has fully matured. Its Deadly screech no longer requires a wait between uses.

Disruptive field: A sixth level Slaymaster can halve the range of its blindsight to generate a field that disorients any nonkythons in the area. Creatures in the feild take a -1 morale penalty to attacks, saves, ability checks, skill checks and caster levels for every 4HD of the Slaymaster.

comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    The slaymaster had a few modifications to its ability mechanics. The disruptive field and enhanced defense scale by HD and I added the deadly screech ability. Deadly screech lets the slaymaster combat airborne or otherwise distant foes and fills up an otherwise uninteresting level. I felt that it was thematicaly suitable. The slaymaster's higher skill points represent its increased intellect.

If anyone has a picture for either of these, please let me know. I'm working on the slaughterking now.
    Last edited by Crafty Cultist; 2010-09-04 at 07:59 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.