1. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIII - "1 Plot, 2 Plot, Dead Plot, New P

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    FFF:R exists because a good deal of us don't think GRIMDARK is any fun whatsoever, and were disappointed with the way FFF ended and wanted it to keep going as it was.
    As I have stated multiple times in the past, Future Imperfect is not GRIMDARK™. Just because the "heroes" are the underdogs and are morally imperfect does not equal a GRIMDARK™ scenario.

There's also nothing in FI that discourages humour; while it is not the main goal of the plot, having some silly moments is always welcome.

So rather than argue about why FI should be retconned, because even I can accept that some people do enjoy the FI setting, we simply made a parallel plot and allowed everyone to contribute to whatever they found most fun. This happened to be the less structured and less serious FFF:R for a good deal of people, simply because it was more accessible. Neither is "A dumb idea", and neither "Killed" the other, and calling a plot a dumb idea is a direct insult to the person who made it, and the people who enjoy it.
    What are your ideas for retconning FI? I'm interested.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2010-09-09 at 06:12 AM.