View Single Post

Thread: In Need of Paladin Inspiration!

1. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: In Need of Paladin Inspiration!

Quote Originally Posted by wayfare View Post
    So, here's the deal -- my player is a 5th level paladin who is something of a swashbuckler, mostly light armor and using a rapier. He wants to keep this sort of "paladin-come-pirate" feel. I don't really know of any class that will allow him to do that.

Any ideas?
    The suggested rogue/paladin multiclass feat from Complete Adventurer is certainly a good idea, as is giving him some appropriate assassin or ranger spells. You might also simply allow him to replace his heavier armor proficiencies for a monk-like level-based AC bonus and Charisma to AC.

Cityscape Web Enhancement lets you replace Ride with Tumble as a class skill, along with a couple others (Handle Animal for... Gather Information, I think?).

Charging Smite (PHBII) might be more appropriate than a special mount.

If he's got good Balance, Jump, and Tumble as a paladin for whatever reason, remains lawful, and keeps his spells, he can take Blade Dancer (Edit: Maybe that was Bladesinger. Bladesomething.) from Oriental Adventures. Acrobatics bonuses, speed boosts, benefits for attacking from swinging on ropes or other thematically appropriate maneuvers, all sorts of fun stuff.
    Last edited by Xallace; 2010-09-10 at 08:24 AM.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Coplantor's Official Second-In-Command 2.0. It's alot like being Will Riker, but still with less alien women and also pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatars
    "Epic Abjurer" avatar by the astounding Fayt!
    "The-Fantastic-Protectimaton-MK-VIII" avatar by the wondrous KingGolem!
    "You-Know-You-Want-It" Paladin MD avatar by the mighty thelizard!
    "Eat-Steel-Vile-Flu" Paladin MD avatar by the sexier-than-I Dr. Bath!