Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
Hey, I favor Paladin, Monk, Knight, Rogue, and Warlock, Tier 3 specialized sorcerer (beguiler/warmage/dread necro), and maybe some nice transmutation/enchantment/evocation sorcerers and I've read the thing multiple times. Oh yes, and I've played a druid, but it wasn't challenging enough.

Paladins are Fun. You need to optimize them to make them work for a role (they make decent diplomancers/unmounted damagers and can totally do both at once) and the roleplaying restrictions aren't annoying to me.

Ahem...yes, refluffed honorable dread pirate would work rather well. Maybe some Devoted Performer in there as well?
See though, your still thinking with the teir system, and that's just wrong. Your saying teir three can do nice things. But the Teir's don't exist. They never -have- existed and only through people trying to use the system to show how play goes will it keep existing.

The "Pali's are fun but you need to optimize" argument just enforces this. Pali's are fun if you like playing them. There. Done. That's what makes something -fun-. Not how bad you owned the Dragon all by yourself.