Chapter 33: Pokemon League Round 1
Spoiler
Show
Alright guys...Here we go...
Human! I have returned to pay you the debt I owe.
Ho-Oh?
I seek retribution for my imprisonment, and he who calls himself the Dragon Master will find ruin at your hand. I have brought an ancient artifact from beyond this realm. It can restore to life any Pokemon that has fallen in battle.
Restore to life...I can bring Ripper back! I've got to go! Can you take me to New Bark Town, I need to-
I'm sorry. Its power is limited, and can only bring back the recently dead by reconnecting the spirit with the body.
...Oh
Be strong, young trainer. Dangerous opponents lie before you.
I...I understand.
Go forth and face your foes.
---

You must be the first member of the Elite 4. What's your name?
I am called many things. William by those who live in this time, Gulielmus by those from a time long since past. Your friend Sir Misery, for example.
...You're the puppetmaster he told me about, aren't you?
Hahahahaha. I suppose he would refer to me in such a manner yes. But let's dispense with the formalities, shall we? I'm here to stop you from reaching Lance. By any means necessary.
Wait what...what are you doing?

Ending you.

Soul Capture.
You won't win so easily, Gulielmus.
Ah, Septimus, so kind of you to join me. Do you prefer Sir Misery? I would, if I were you. Your former name has so many...negative connotations. I'm surprised your vengeful shade is still here. And that it's grown so powerful...Is that an integrated possession I see? Surely you're not intending to fight me using that poor mortal's form?
No. Janick's body cannot handle the strain. I'm just using it so that we may have a Pokemon Battle. After all, that's what we came here for, isn't it?
Ha. Very well, if that's what you truly desire, Septimus. Go, Xatu!
Graves! This is Sir Misery! Janick's soul has been trapped, so I'm inhabiting his body. Show our new friend here what you've learned.
You'll never defeat me! Fear my speed! Quick Attack times five! Confuse Ray!
Stay strong, Graves!
Faint Attack! Shadow Ball!
Impressive display. Is this some apprentice of yours, Septimus?
Septimus? The warlock from the story?
Now is not the time, Graves! He has another one coming!
Ah! Faint Attack!
Critical Hit!
If that's all you've got, I'm afraid this battle is far from finished. Go, Slowbro!
Faint Attack!
Uh...Amnesia...
His magical defenses have raised! Smash through them with the Shadow Ball!
Shadow Ball!
Curse...
Shadow Ball!
Body Slam...
Agh! Shadow Ball!
You insolent little pest...I'll finish you! Exeggutor!
Graves, your aura is fading! Take one of Janick's potions!
Egg Bomb!
Faint Attack!
Egg Bomb!
Ah!
Good dodge! Finish him with the Shadow Ball!
Shadow...Ball!
...You've forced my hand, Septimus. I would've been willing to overlook your transgressions, even your cruel destruction of one of my top lieutenents. But destroying my team like this...Well I'm afraid it's something I just can't forgive. I hope you understand that I wll regret doing this.
Graves! Retreat now! This is my fight.
But-
Rougela, my dear...
Hello again...Septimus.
Move aside.
What's the matter? You don't look happy to see me. Is my form too revolting for you? You did this to me, after all.
I did nothing of the sort. Gulielmus did.
Come on Septimus. Why must you always deflect the blame?
I advise you both to back away. My power has far surpassed both of yours.
In that trainer's body? I don't think so. Good luck powering your spells through him.
Would you care to see me try?
Spare me the boasting. I know you. You won't attack Rougela. How about you exit that human's body, and I'll let you go?
No. Shadow Ball.
Ah...my head...My mind feels so...
What...what did you do?
Come on Gulielmus. Don't tell me you've forgotten? I created the Shadow Ball DIRECTLY to counter your brand of magic. It just took some application of my mental fortitude, and I was able to concentrate it on bypassing you enchantments. She's free now.
No...NO! I will NOT be defeated! Especially not by the likes of you! Psy-
Shadow Ball.
Ugh...No...No...I...I can't believe it...I won't...
Extraction. And now it's time for you to pay for what you've done.
Don't...No! AGH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!
He's finished.
Septimus, I...I'm so sorry...I tried to resist the spells, every day I tried but his-
I understand, Rougela. You're free now.
Not free...In this form, I can be just captured again.
Perhaps. As it is, I've spent much of my time researching a spell to reverse the transformation. Close your eyes. Rebirth.
Septimus...Oh Septimus, I don't know how to thank you. It feels so right to be back in my human body. Let's run away now. You and I, both human.
This body is not mine. I cannot.
Then return yourself to human form!
It cannot be like it was, Rougela. I am not the creature I once was. I am a being of malice and revenge. I cannot be with you.
But...
I am sorry. Please, take the gift I have given you and leave. You have a long life ahead of you. Spend it wisely.
I...Thank you, Septimus. I love you.
She's gone.
I know.
So you're Septimus?
I am.
If you had a spell that could return you to a human body, why did you wait until now to use it?
That spell is no ordinary spell. It requires...a portion of my soul. I can never cast it again.
But Sir Misery! Now you'll never be human again!
...Janick will wake up in a few minutes. You should get ready for the next fight, Graves.