Quote Originally Posted by FlyingWhale View Post
I found that by allowing my characters "standard actions" to be more lenient... The fighter may, throw a thunderstone, throw a greasebag, throw a net, or whatever they fancy, then move to the target and still attack. Now their target is at a slight disadvantage, maybe. Also in this spirit of things, +11/+6/+1???Sunder-Armor, Disarm, Attack. They each require an "attack roll" so if you get 3 attacks a round, well there are your three "attacks".
So... the fighter gets two standard actions and can full attack as a standard action, using various types of attacks? The first is odd, the second has been proposed (and is workable), the third is already something they can do.

I see that the armor speed reduction is a HUGE asset in melee upgrade at higher levels. Why? Closing the gap. Big Boom wizard is NOT going to be happy when the bat **** crazy, foaming from the mouth fighter, tired of being auto hit with empowered, maximized magic missile each turn for 35 damage, worse if twinned or quickened, comes up and lays the smack down on him. You try to run wizard? attack, you try to cast a spell wizard? attack, you give up wizard? attack.
Yeah, no, 10 ft/round doesn't counter the wizards mobility advantage, or come even close. Also, if somebody is only hitting 35 per round as a blaster wizard, something is wrong.

Still, yes sadly these things alone do not help as much as they should. So we need to really get outside the box as "nerfing" the offending caster classes, well, that'd take a lot more than just assisting our melee friends.
As it has been said in all threads: nerf the spells. Problematically... that's hard to do.