Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
Problem is, even if there was, they couldn't diagnose something from a post. There's a reason doctors have you come to them. They need to take a look at the area themselves.

You take almost any symptom a person could have, and there are likely dozens of explanations for it. Only through testing can these be narrowed down.

A random pain in the chest, for example, could be anything from gas (just a burp) to a deadly heart attack, with a lot of less extreme possibilities between. There are very wide ranges for these things.
Even though it is impossible to diagnose from the boards, I would still rather have someone tell me "well, its one of these 12 different things that cause that, and its most likely this one, and these 3 could be fatal, if this happens, you need to see a doctor immediately", etc. Than just be thinking to myself "well, this could be something serious, but I think I'll wait a day or too to see if it keeps up before going to the doctor." At least with the board, I'd have some sort of idea what would be killing me if I just keeled over, which I think would be better than not knowing anything.