Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
I can go with that, although I think in some editions Solars have had an alignment of "any good" and were supposed to be capable of being the LG, CG< and NG equivalents; then again the Gaurdinal and Eladrin top ranks were better in comparison to fiends back then (not sure on Archons).

Solars could also be kept in their old roles as "generic top servants to the good gods" which is forgotten by WotC often enough (although then we need a "generic top servants to the evil gods" race).
Since solars are individually much more powerful than pit fiends and balors, what we could do if we were Dicefreaks-ifying Celestia would be to upgrade the throne archon to pit fiend/balor power (bringing the new solar a bit closer to the pit fiend and balor when we got to it) and instead use the solar as the chassis for the unique beings, just like Gates of Hell uses advanced pit fiends + special templates to stat out the Dukes and other minor Powers of Baator.

So...given that I have pretty much every 2e and 3e book related to outsiders, the planes, and Planescape, I'd definitely be up for a project to bring the other Outer Planes up to Gates of Hell level. Anyone else?