1. - Top - End - #825
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XVI: The biggest in-joke in gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling-Jack View Post
    The scout items aren't op, but his +25 hp buff is, I think. Much like the sniper's no headshot buff. What I don't get is these two awesome buffs when the soldier/pyro/spy get balanced good vs bad traits, that aren't straight buffs.

also, hats shouldn't come into it, at all.
    People misinterpret the "no headshots" buff. It means no DEATH from headshots. So if you get hit in the head you have 1 hp left and can't take further damage from headshots. The Scout's 25 Hp buff is nice, however, he's losing his primary mode of attack to basically become a support class and only has a 4 shot pistol and a melee weapon to do damage.

EDIT: It IS a scattergun replacement, but it has the ammo of a pistol and it's max damage is 70 from what I understand (I can't get into tf2wiki for some reason). I've seen the scattergun do 107 or maybe even 110 at close ranges. With the full set the scout trades off being badass at killing to being helpful. Personally, I'm just a fan of vanilla tf2, and the new items do not scare me or make me worry about game balance. Except the wrangler, that thing is still a bit broken.
    Last edited by Sleverin; 2010-10-02 at 09:25 AM.
    "I believe that pickles are cucumbers that sold out....they sold their soul to the devil, and the devil was dill. ~Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Special Guest keeps making me think that it is some uber-pro who eats crockets and fires rainbows.