Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
I'm not familiar with this term, I'm sorry. What i know is that Foresight>Celerity is damn impossible to beat, and it's still unclear that (the only way proposed to beat it) immunity to Divination is in fact, effective against Foresight.
Oh, 'Rocket tag' is the idea that the first person to have an attack round wins, so the focus is on winning initiative. A rocket proof or rocket resistant build, rather than beat initiative, focuses on surviving attacks, or at least the first few.

But they can follow. 200 fly speed. They can cast Wall of Stone as well. The Wizard has mobility spells at his disposal, such as Haste, Phantom Steed, Greater Teleport etc. I'm curious how exactly are you planning on running away. You have natural flight? Otherwise it's going to get fried by the Disjunction. Substitute the PEP with Demogorgon's layr of the Abyss then. Have fun swimming with the Aboleths. The possibilities are numerous.
Let's go through it step by step, and you can find out.

He could burn XP to go above the defined parameters, but since that requires DM approval i'll lay off. But it is within the RAI for Wish.
Not according to my PHB. You can't get a bigger effect by burning xp, you can get a bigger effect by actively inviting the DM to screw you over. Not something a paranoid wizard would attempt. Not twice anyway.

Um... What? OK the term "hit" is used as in "I cast Disjunction, your magic goes *poof*" The spell requires no ranged, touch or other type of attack. It's an AOE burst effect. Assuming an 18 starting INT + 6 item + 5 tome = 29 Int, DC will be 10+9+9=28. So a 28 Will save for each magical item and effect on your person. Good luck with that. The Shapechange in to a Choker is so i can get an extra Standard action. I'm not using it to attack you in melee. That standard action means that, after i've fried every piece of magic on your person, I proceed to ray you in to oblivion. Or Imprison you. Whatever.
Try it and we'll see. I'm not invulnerable, noone is, but I think I've got a decent chance.

That is not fair. Either we both do it in the dark, or we both look at each other's builds and adjust ad infinitum. You can't assume knowledge on a level 20 Wizard, that's just not a common commodity. And with an "everyday" build, you'll not survive past the first round out of Timestop, because the Wizard can throw so many things you just can't prepare for all of them.
Of course it's not fair. We've set up a situation where the tier 1 caster is all alone and being attacked by a high level character. Why would it be fair?

I'll make the build but won't post the spells or items before the actual fight. Unless you can show me a specific indisputable way by which you will obtain that info.
Pay for the sevices of a high level bard? It won't get the spells you've learned today, but it would get the effects you've come up with in the past, so some idea of what is in the spell book, some major items, tactics you've used in the past, etc.

If you're 20th level, you have a history.

I'm happy to trust you on the build if you trust me on mine. Don't forget to pay list price for every spell in the book though. We both have ways of exploiting wealth per level to get free spells or cheap stuff, but that's a whole different contest.

Unluck and Irresistible Dance are no-save-just-lose spells. There's a lot more where that came from. All the ray spells don't allow a save either, you should really read up on your spell descriptions. I can hit you with rays of exastion powered by some metamagic and finish you of with a metamagicked Shivering Touch that does Dex damage. All these are rays, i can squeeze them in one round via rods and metamagic. Without ray deflection (which you won't have since i've disjnoined your stuff) you die.
If you can hit, sure.

The Wizard has his options. Then he has his backup options (contingencies). Then he has his oh-SHI options (scrolls of Wish, 9th level Pearls of Power etc.), then he has his items for 20th WBL like Rods of Quicken, Maximize, Empower etc. Commiting himself means going mini-nova (lol) in the Time Stop round. You still have to deal with (if you survive that is) a lot of lower level spells that are very, very broken as well. Tell me how you deal with Irresistabel Dance + Arcane Reach from Archmage? Just one example btw.
Well, there's having a high touch AC, there's being hard to see/find, and there's immunity to mind effects. Just as an example, an undead rogue would just laugh off such an attack.

I'll sort out a build over the next few days, and we can try describing what we think would happen. Maybe you'll surprise me.

It may end up being difficult to model aspects, but I'm curious as to what you come up with.