Kobolds, out =.=

So yeah. Need help with Dwarves.

Background: A kobold tribe has been almost completely wiped out by adventurers, and the remnants need to find a new place to set up shop. They have come up with a fairly convoluted plan to get the nearby dragon to take them in as minions. To avoid getting eaten on sight - while enjoying a spot of vengeance on mammalian humanoidkind - they intend to destroy a dwarven mine and steal all their "shinies". They're on their way now (just as soon as they finish off the Avalanchers who ambushed them).

I don't know how to make the dwarves =/

What I do know is thusly: The mine is quite large and old, with plenty of tunnels woven through the mountain. There are several human labourers - they'll probably just be Commoners or maybe Warriors, or at least very low levels. Fodder, basically. Hired miners. The main threat with these guys is that someone will get away and warn the Dwarves
Deep in the bowels of the mine is a tribe of Derro, who have been enslaved by the Dwarves. The aforementioned humans don't know about them, although some may suspect, but only one or two would care. If the kobolds take their time, they may overhear a conversation about the "knockers" down below. If given a chance - and convinced through their insanity - they will gladly help destroy the Dwarves, although they will then want to take over the mine themselves (rather than letting the kobolds move in).

The Dwarves themselves have names: Ted "Stinky" Trundlebut, Frank "Boozy" Trundlebut, Henry "Runny" Trundlebut III, Sam "Poshy" Trundlebut-Snoggleson Jr. IV, Jane "Greenie" Bandlewiggle nee Trundlebut, John "Bludgy" Bandlewiggle, Sally "Forth" Trundlebut, and the eldest, Mary "Naggy" Trundlebut VIII.
I want them to be impossible to take on all at once, and preferably very difficult to beat in a fair fight. For reference, the party is a group of 7 or 8 (an 8th is thinking of joining) level 8 Kobolds, I think reasonably low optimisation overall although almost all have a mount of some sort.
I want them to be parodies of dwarfiness, either through exaggeration (e.g. the dwarfiest dwarves who ever did dwarf) or subversion (e.g. a sexy, svelt, dainty lady-dwarf), or a mix.

Any ideas? On class, personality, equipment or anything?