1. - Top - End - #910
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MitD III: You are likely to suggest Tarrasque

Quote Originally Posted by Zelthax View Post
    Grey, as he has stated above, does not rule out famous or iconic creatures. He makes a deliberate point, though, that the creatures is not required to be famous or iconic, merely recognizable.
    Only add: not even recognisable, so long as it has been created (and published) by someone other than Rich. But I'm not going to argue semantics; just reiterate that I simply will contest any attempt to suggest that MitD must be famous, and any attempt to suggest that MitD mustn't be famous. Neither extreme is currently supported by evidence.

Anyway, thread would be updated to page 30, except now the first post is too long. There is a previously unknown to me limit of 50000 characters per post, and my current draft is 51375 characters long (not sure how I added 1300+ characters today, so maybe the limit is a bit fuzzier than that). I'm willing to listen to suggestions, and in future threads I'll just have to divide it in multiple posts.

Edit: For now, I'm moving joke suggestions to here, for safekeeping, being the least important section.

Section 3e: Joke Ideas
    Spoiler
    Show

• Carbosilicate Amorph
      Spoiler
      Show
      Pros:
      • Can use a teraport to teleport
      • Incredible strength and fighting abilities. Invulnerable to anything short of plasma weapons.
      • Looks like a pile of poo
      • Endearing and adorable
      • Fits under the umbrella easily, but his dad could have been bigger if he had eaten recently
      • Famous for his unbridled appetite.
      • Rich could probably secure copyright from Howard Tayler

Cons:
      • Rich probably wouldn't use a SF character from another comic in his fantasy comic.

• Inmune to blades, including scissors, but suffers from papercuts?
      Spoiler
      Show
      Must be a Rock
    • The most dangerous box ever:
      Spoiler
      Show
    • The fearsome Gazebo
      Spoiler
      Show
      HotAndCold explained:
      -A gazebo is obviously a powerful monster, devouring the story's PC without any chance of rebuttal.
      -It takes no damage from a +3 arrow, just as MitD apparently takes no damage from Miko's or Belkar's attacks.
      -Would you recognize a gazebo's tracks?
      -Or expect to find one in a jungle and even speaking in Common, for that matter?
      -It is, of course, a juvenile gazebo, explaining its roughly Medium size, rather than its being large enough for, y'know, people to hang out in it.
      -I... guess he could be a particularly ugly gazebo? Although technically speaking, the gazebo's never actually described in the story beyond its dimensions, color, and the pointiness of its top. So I guess one could argue the gazebo's horrific appearance.
      -The description states that the PC "awakened" the gazebo, implying that it was sleeping. Perhaps it had recently used one of its mighty and tiring abilities!
    • A Fanboy
      Spoiler
      Show
      Truly grotesque creatures, Fanboys have been known to consume vast quantities of whatever they get their hands on (including mouldy cheeseburgers), while skulking in the darkness of their 'boxes'. When inserted into fantasy fiction, they often wield great quantities of inexplicable power (Mary Sue Syndrome) and have difficulty remembering minor plot details (Gate? What gate?) They are truly the most fearsome creature any Creator can face, and yet are beautiful in that a Creator would be nothing without them. And of course, the monstrous and twisted exterior hides an innocence ill-befitting a horrendous beast, and a niceness of character little understood by those around, often causing them to be bullied by lesser souls in the vicinity.

We are all MitD in the quiet corners of our souls.

Edit 2: Still need more space. Copyright ideas moved:

Section 3c: Copyrighted Ideas
    Spoiler
    Show
    All ideas listed here, regardless of how well they fit, have a major problem: they are trademarked, or otherwise unavailable for Rich's use due to legal issues (see Section 1b Legal Issues)

Diawolf
    Domo-kun
    FF Black Mage
    FF Red Mage
    Godzilla & pals
    Heffalump
    Kirby
    Snorlax
    Spoiler
    Show
    A great fit, since "They can throw incredibly powerful punches and cause immense earthquakes", is known for its huge appetite and its sleeping. It also grows from a much smaller pokemon, Munchlax, and fits in the box as an adult (6' 11''). Using Metronome, it could have a plot-casuality induced access to "escape from battle" abilities.

Shadow (from Babylon 5)
    Skull (from PvP)
    Tonberri
    Vatch (from Witches of Karres)
    Vorlon (from Babylon 5)
    Weeping Angel (from Dr. Who)
    Yoshi
    Q (from Star Trek)

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2011-01-16 at 10:20 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est