1. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Looking for what classes to take as epic wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Alleran View Post
    Yes you can. Chain Gate Solars or Efreets.
    No you can't, not with a sane DM anyway. Or if you can, then just be Pun Pun. Ditto for the other shennanigans

Out of the Epic Level Handbook PrCs the Agent Retriever is the only one with full casting and I dunno if you have the pre-reqs or dex for it, or if you need anything it gives. You may want to stick with epic wizard for the bonus feats. Next what'll matter is your feat selection. Multispell, spell stowaway (with a cooperating ally), and improved metamagic can get ridiculous. Tenacious magic, improved spell capacity, master staff, automatic quicken and the two epic metamagic feats are ok.

I say automatic quicken is okay because you need to take it 3 times for it to really be special, and even then I'd want to grab multispell first. Dipping non-caster classes is a good idea if you can find something better than one of the above redonkulous feats. Otherwise for something like evasion I'd pick up a ring of evasion over losing 2/3 of an epic feat. Or if your reflex save isn't that high skip it.

I've never heard anyone mention epic PrCs from splatbooks. I'd think they must exist somewhere. Or not?
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2010-11-13 at 12:45 PM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)