New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default How about a Campaign of the month

How about having a campaign of the month? This would kind of be like “employee of the month”; where you get a parking spot at the top of the list. This can be on-going where campaigns could be featured that: are really role-playing specific, have good dialogue, or do things just a little differently. This way the PCs and the DM could get a little recognition for the story they are telling or their inventive ideas.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground
    Default Re: How about a Campaign of the month

This sounds great!
    But how detailed of a campaign are we talking about here?

There would have to guidelines/rules outlined to keep some organization to the contest. At the same time there would also need to be freedom for campaign creators to fully dive into their creative campaign making skillz.

If this could get set up and running the contest forum section would have another nice asset worth visiting.
    I Don\'t Not Want To Be Indecisive

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: How about a Campaign of the month

I think campaigns should be highlighted as campaign of the month for different things because every campaignis different. Maybe most creative world, best roleplaying, creative characters, etc. Having a homebrewed world contest has been done before. A committee could vote each month on different campaigns. This committee could be selected by one of the new mods that the giant is thinking of instating as a first project. Committee members should have at least a ranking of Dwarf in the playground so that it shows participation in the forum.

just some ideas off the top of my head.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.