New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Humble Request

1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Default Humble Request

I'm not sure if there's already a thread that contains this, but I'll make the request anyway. Don't throw bricks at me! I'm allergic to pain!

I don't think there are enough flavorful 0 level spells in this wee world of ours... does anyone have any home brew 0-level spells for arcane or divine casters? Prestidigitation covers spells that have no real in-game effect, so I'm looking for spells that have real, if extremely minor, effects on the game.
    Many thanks in advance!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Humble Request

Theres a few threads about cantrips (I belive Dhaver has a good one), but I'll post one of my favorites homebrews here anyways.

Tharlious' Hidden Knife
    Conjuration(Summoning)
    Level: Asn 1, Blk 1, Brd 0, Sor/Wiz 0
    Components: S
    Casting Time: 1 round
    Range: 0ft
    Effect: One summoned dagger
    Duration: 1 min/level(D)
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: No

After completing your arcane gestures a simple dagger silently appears in your hand

The dagger summoned is a normal non-magical dagger. If the dagger leaves your person for any longer then one round the spell ends and the dagger disappears.
    "Sometimes, we’re heroes. Sometimes, we shoot other people right in the face for money."

-Shadowrun 4e, Runner's Companion

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Detect Elf ;)
    Duration 1 Round

This spell determines whether of not there is an elf with in 200 feet of the caster. If so the caster recieves a "yes" A half-elf within 150 feet will also trigger the spell as will some types of fey at very short ranges.
    The caster does not learn the exact location or even the direction of the Elves but can determine the number of creatures that were detected.
    Note that a caster's companions (and maybe the caster himself) will be included in the detection count.
    "I'm sorry sweetheart but I never boink anything with pointy ears."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Shush
    Illusion(Glammer)
    Level: Asn 0, Brd 0, Clr 0
    Components: V
    Casting Time: 1 immediate action
    Range: Close (25ft + 5ft/2 levels)
    Target: One creature
    Duration: 1 round
    Saving Throw: Will Negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes

By speaking a word you silence a target for a short time, rendering them unable to speak

While affected by this spell the target is unable to speak at all, though they are free to make noises with any other part of their body should they wish.

This illusion is fragile, and will break if the target casts a spell with a verbal component or uses a magic item's command word, allowing the target to take those actions normally
    "Sometimes, we’re heroes. Sometimes, we shoot other people right in the face for money."

-Shadowrun 4e, Runner's Companion

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

A few here, a couple here, hey nifty one here, this one cracks me up.

And that's it for the compendium thread. I know there were some more recent ones.... Ah, copied down the link for this one.
    Fizban's Tweaks and Brew: Google Drive (PDF), Thread
    A collection of over 200 pages of individually small bans, tweaks, brews, and rule changes, usable piecemeal or nearly altogether, and even some convenient lists. Everything I've done that I'd call done enough to use in one place (plus a number of things I'm working on that aren't quite done, of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet Octopus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    sheer awesomeness