New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Fun/Funny/Strange/Unusual/Weird/etc character concepts you have done, or thought of.

Every once-in-a-while an idea for a character will pop into my head, and I sometimes stat them out for fun. This got me pondering what characters some of the other members here might created in the past, or considered. Preferably ones that do not fit into the regular cliches of PCs like "I want gold!", "I wish to become a hero!", "I want to be remembered as a legendary hero!", since they just seem extremely overdone.

I have been thinking of this one since yesterday morning, and it just won't leave me until I stat him up:

Amatae ("Beauty Lover" in Elven)

Background Info:
    Amatae is the grand-nephew of the Grims (my recurring character). He learned from his grand-uncle(s) his psionic training to become psion.

He is an admirer of female beauty within all races/sentient creatures.

Character Goal:
    Amatae has one goal he has been aspiring to for most of the last century. He desires to find a way to layer 570 of the abyss: Shendilavri. He is quite aware what would happen to him if he ever got there, however, he claims it will be "The best one hour of my life!".
    Last edited by newbDM; 2009-01-18 at 07:11 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Fun/Funny/Strange/Unusual/Weird/etc character concepts you have done, or thought

Funny. I have a few friends who that reminds me of. It also brings to mind an issue of Avengers Initiative with Stature (a giantess): "Crushed by giant jailbait... I know guys who would pay to die like that!"

Right now I'm rping a dwarf raised by ogres. In the warhammer universe this is incredibly unlikely to happen, but there is one story of ogres raising a human girl so I used it as a precedent. Her goals are to find her tribe, which left her in a tavern one night, and eat atleast one of every monster she kills. the idea is that if she does this when she dies the great maw (the ogre god) won't eat her out of awe/intimidation.

I just statted a crazy idea for an ogre nymphomaniac. yeah, I have a thing for ogres, and bugbears so I'm not THAT shallow!

I also read about this one halfling that thought he was a dwarf troll slayer. He ran around with a bright orange mohawk, bare chested waving a skillet. That was awesome.
    Last edited by orchitect; 2009-01-18 at 08:02 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fun/Funny/Strange/Unusual/Weird/etc character concepts you have done, or thought

Amish Malkavian. Who didn't serve as comic relief (he was more creepy than funny).

Lasombra cowboy who wielded two magnums (Potence!).

I win.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I though of this funny character concept:

What spawned you?
    Half-elf half-dwarf character.

My 3.5 edition character
    might try to rp being raised near elves.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

5. - Top - End - #5

OldWizardGuy

Man-whore/FBI agent. Former GM had a homebrew system with an optional perk that basically made you the sexiest person alive; I built a character around it.

In a 3.5 campaign the plot got so nutty I created an insanity chart for my wizard which I rolled on whenever I got bored. One of the options was "cast an offensive spell," and I managed to break us out of a sort of psychic prison by nuking the party with fireballs after rolling on the chart.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

SWSE: I'm playing a Twi'lek slaver named Tykoga. He invested a rather sizable portion of his fortune with the Republic during the Clone Wars; however, at the end, the Empire refused to reimburse him for his expenses, even going so far as to attempt to court-martial him.

Tykoga is currently stationed on a base hidden from the Empire. While aiding the efforts of the others on the base, Tykoga is also working toward becoming a powerful crime lord.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

A five drone subset of the Borg collective who resembled a self-contained high-school teen drama.

And that was just my character.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I have a character who is a middle aged elf who acts curmudgeonly and weak as his main form of offense, playing dead and such, all the while using his guile and cunning to do things like trip people and stuff. Basically a lockdown/tripper build who uses int and cha added to his saves, AC, to trip, and stuff via Factotum/Marshal stuff.

Then there was Carson, the very flamboyant criminal boss bard who runs a smuggling ring out of the back of his opera house and pays everyone off.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

A half orc samurai raised by dwarves and best friends with a gnome.

I like the fact he's LG half orc, confuses rhe **** out NPC humans
    PC 1- *singing" Robin hood and little John running through the forest trying to get away...
    PC 2- Hey, you are right, this reminds me of that too.
    DM- Except that the king was king 348 years ago, and has undead powers...

10. - Top - End - #10

An earlier thread of mine about bizarre character concepts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    -A halfling who is insistent that it is his mission in life to become a Frost Giant (specifically, the king of them) when he has never met a Frost Giant before and has no reason to believe this. I haven't decided (and more importantly, the halfling hasn't decided) how he will go about achieving said goal, but the fairly obvious thing is that it will be a best a bizarre charade and at worst a complete failure.

-A construct originally designed as a sexbot for a now-dead wizard. Robbed of her prime directive, "she" now tries to integrate into society as a normal person. She has only been trained to speak in sexual phrases, and therefore adopts these phrases to communicate nonsexual comments. For example "Oooh, yeah" would be her typical response for "yes", "Do you think you can handle me, big boy" might be an attempt to threaten someone, and "Hold me, now" would indicate fear or caution. Now I'm not a pervert, but I think this character concept would be a) amusing to say the least b) a surreal contrast to any situation c) ironic in that many people would think she is always being sarcastic when really she is being quite literal. Of course, I don't know if I could actually play a character like this and be taken as the source of amusement rather than the subject thereof.

-A large ooze that behaves more like Flubber than The Blob. Literally with the mind of a child, the ooze is carefree and playful even as it is too large to fit anywhere and burns things at its touch. Deep inside, he just wishes someone could learn to love a thing like him. Awwww everyone says at the hideous muck with disintegrating bones hanging off the sides.
    I think there is another thread about bizarre clerics, including one that doesn't believe in gods, one that worships himself, one that worships a rat whose only power is to make the ground shake, one that worship multiple deities that argue in his head.
    Last edited by Prometheus; 2009-01-18 at 09:33 PM.
    Homebrew Magic Items you might enjoy:
    Coins Tokens of Fortune
    Extra Spicy Peppers
    Also, its time to think about Yeth Hounds in a whole new way

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

I'd love to play an Ibixian (Goatfolk) warrior type whose primary weapon is his headbutt, with a Scottish accent (i.e. Glasgow kiss)...

"Take tha' Jimmy!"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

One of my Shadowrun characters had multiple personalities, probably done in such a way that anybody who was actually familiar with the disorder would cry, but it was all for fun. He had two sets of skills and mental stats (they were very similar, basically just a slight variation for the different personalities. For example Jeff (The "Dr Jeykel" personality) had Diplomacy, while Bruce (The "Mr Hyde") Had Intimidate). The GM picked when he switched, and it was generally pretty fun to play.

A Dread Necromancer who, for some reason, dosn't recognize that his minions are Undead, or that he is raising them. He just thinks his shambling zombie horde is made up of friendly people who feel like doing what he says.

A Sorceror who grew up in an isolated society that greatly frowned on arcane magic, especially sorcerors. Therefore, even though he is in a more tolerant society now, he always tries to explain away his spells as somthing else, for example : *Casts a fireball" Wow, it looks like they must have had some highly volatile alchohol in those waterskins, and it got lit on fire somehow!"
    For extra fun, do the above ,only they actually believe it themselves. They are convinced that they are not a sorceror, merely someone whose enemies get struck by quite a bit of lightening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

In the Exalted campaign I'm in, my character blew half of his starting charms (innate magics) on one that increases his health levels. In a game where most people have 7-10 health, The Shadow That Does Not Yield to the Dawn has 21. He's also an Abyssal, a deathknight whose purpose is to steep the whole of the world in the emptiness of the Void.

My future plans in terms of statistical development involve getting charms that allow him to learn the holy magic that his previous incarnations wielded, specifically the ability to summon a sword made of holy fire, which subsequently shoots holy fire. I also intend to get him magical disguises that will glamour his armor, which is made of the souls of the damned, as mundane, colorful clothing.

I plan to confuse the everloving @#%$ out of some protagonists. For now, I scare the #&@! of them by letting people sink axes into my face, then laughing it off. And by that I mean he laughs until the axe falls out of his face.

Edit: Evil Overlord's List #29: I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion.
    Last edited by JerryMcJerrison; 2009-01-18 at 09:59 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post

I think there is another thread about bizarre clerics, including one that doesn't believe in gods, one that worships himself, one that worships a rat whose only power is to make the ground shake, one that worship multiple deities that argue in his head.

I like that part about the rat. I love rats. If I was a cleric I'd worship that rat too.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Halfling in the Playground

It was epic level, but...

Jeebus, the level 26 Half-Dragon (Red) Catfolk Rogue (ECL 30). Our DM had "calculated" our starting gold at 4.2 million if memory serves. (By "calculated," I just mean that I don't know where he got the number from.) Well, he created a fake religion ("Jeebism"), which claimed that he was a living demi-god on his way to greatness, and a church along with it. Now, he started it as a front for his thieves' guild and black market, but he eventually started to believe his own lie.

And when you can walk on a cloud at will (Skill Mastery, a bunch of feats, and a Dexterity score of 110), wouldn't you start considering your own lie to be the truth? (Maybe you need to be a bit self-centered, but...)
    I find D&D to be quite educational... No where else could they get me interested in math or statistics...

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Where did you start yours?
    I had two of the PCs in the center of a gang of orcs. Then, the third PC and my DM-run character came in to assist... Then they chose to go to the tavern.

16. - Top - End - #16

NinjaGuy

an awakened sorcerer bonsai tree. the ultimate in portable buffs. eventualy i will get one of my dm's to allow this and the spell will so be cast with maximize metamagic applied.
    wanted:
    signiture to beat all signitures
    (lame jokes need not apply)

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

-Well, the last character I've had a chance to play was a riot. He's a CN cleric of Set in what is otherwise an all good party....including a Lawful Jackass "All evil must DIE." paladin. He spends most of his time and energy convincing the paladin that he's one of the good guys. Right now his battle crys have been "For the glory of Se...omebody!" and "I'm too pretty to die!" He's since been retired to NPC status as a walking band-aid for the party since I had to take over DMing the game.

-Same game, last session. I pitted my players against "The Color Coded Assassin Drag Queens." (a handful of swordsages in armored evening wear with such colorful names as Busty O'Chopps, Sister Sledge, and Tucker.)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

My brother and I once had the idea of running a campaign where there was only one good character in a party of evil humanoids/giants. The good character was assigned by his church or government to "resocialize" the other guys and help them find a legitimate place in society. Basically he'd be a parole officer.

If it were up to us, the "leader' would be a lightning draconian paladin (Dragonlance Campaign Setting; metallic draconians are corrupt and evil, while chromatic draconians got the evil negated out of them when they were created and ended up noble). He'd have gnolls, ogres, and maybe even an ogre mage in the party.

The parole officer would get into trouble a lot due to his charges' habits, which may include the ogre barbarian getting into a bar fight, stealing the door, and using it as a shield.

Eberron Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal. NOW COMPLETE!
    Sakuya Izayoi avatar by Mr. Saturn. Caella sig by Neoseph.

"I dunno, you just gave me the image of a nerd flying slow motion over a coffee table towards another nerd, dual wielding massive books. It was awesome." -- Marriclay

19. - Top - End - #19

NinjaGuy

doors are loot to if your carefull
    wanted:
    signiture to beat all signitures
    (lame jokes need not apply)

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground
    frown Re: Fun/Funny/Strange/Unusual/Weird/etc character concepts you have done, or thought

I had a mage with very low constitution who, on purpose but not foreseeing the outcome, transferred his mind to a construct. His intelligence fell in a matter of days and the joy of being able to 'move freely' slowly started turning into a desperate attempt to stop the intelligence loss (which was not noted at first). The conflict added to make a very interesting character who, while at least above-average intelligent (he started with a 17 and decaid from that to an 'artificial-3', meaning whe was considered a 'non-intelligent being' for all purpouses) developed weapons and enhanced itself magically.

By the end of the character (he had a commom-sounding name like Aior, which was never used because we (theplayers) called him 'strech splatch' - the sound he made when walking with his left rotten leg and cane, while still in human body) he was fairly powerful in combat, but so stupid I had to let him become an NPC. The NPC was never used again because that campaign world died off, but DAMN, it would be most awesome were my future adventurers to encounter him.

Specially because by the end, still with the 'mage intelligence', he designed A LOT of 'programs' to run at a later time. Kinda like 'okay, I'm going to get stupider and stupider, but I need to stop the evil wizard Karkalas from destroying the world in two years, so I'll program myself to storm his fortress and kill whichever pure virgin he plans to sacrifice'.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Firbolg in the Playground

Two words: Kobold seductress.

To elaborate: My DM said our next campane would have lots of dragons and probably kobolds, so I figured a game of groin scrabble would allow for sneak attacks and nothing says you can't shoot acid splash out of you're orifices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    something something Jayngfet experience.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

this thread got to 6 pages on a similar subject

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91723
    pancake-atar created by RTG0922

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    xPANCAKEx - He's a scumbag, but he's a wise scumbag.

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by xPANCAKEx View Post
    this thread got to 6 pages on a similar subject

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91723
    I love that part about the gnome "paladin" who followed "Chigger, god of soups!" That is utter genius.

24. - Top - End - #24

I had an idea for an huge Nightmare canpain, I even got people on the forums to help me with creating monsters for it, we didn't do that many games before it fell apart. Should have made it better if they were to game long enough to get to epic to try and stop the Nightmare Lord.
    See here for some of the great work you guys did.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

I once statted up a first level human cleric with Fell Animate and Divine Metamagic(Fell Animate). Thus, once per day she could kill something with a spell to raise it as a zombie.

I made a backstory in which she belonged to a group of healers at a temple who would heal people and accept payment in the form of animals. The animals would then be sacrificed, either as food for the healers or to create zombies for their undeath god. I figured it was cool since they were necromancers who animated stuff like sheep and chickens and cows instead of humans (thus removing a big part of the whole 'necromancy is evil' thing) they would heal people and for the most part the animating was just to revere their god who was a god of life and undeath.

The zombies were kept a secret. The townspeople might not have minded but paladins from other churches might have used this as an excuse to attack them so the temple would regularly lead their herd of zombie animals into an abandoned dungeon and just shove them in there and lock the door. If adventurers stumbled upon the ruins they would find a complex filled with generations worth of undead livestock who had just been shoved there to get them out of sight, there's no treasure in the place.

I made her neutral and channeling negative energy for rebuke undead, but then gave her the healing domain for some extra healing power and a modification so she would spontaniously cast spells from the healing domain (which is nice since in higher levels she could cast regenerate instead of a cure spell). Dressed in white like a normal cleric of healing.

Never got to play her though, I did get in a game with a kind of butchered form of her general concept. Only allowed core stuff so she was evil, had to prepare cure spells and had the trickery domain to disguise as a cleric of healing... and was looking for an artifact that would let her sacrifice things to make them zombies without the cost in onyx. It didn't last long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

26. - Top - End - #26

Mongrelfolk Frenzied Berserker who wants to be a dancer. Dump dex and proceed to roleplay grace.

Eclipse, Servant of the Dark God. Servants of the Fallen
    Necrosis
    , True Necromancer, Unbound
    Xxzyx
    , Impure Prince, Seas of Change, Winds of Fate
    Quintillius, Paladin of the Red Knight, Run to the North

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

I mention him a lot, but the best idea me and a friend ever came up with was this: Nyss-K'Kar.

A Githyanki (using the non-Psionic variant in a game where psionics existed. He had an unusually strong streak of Red Dragon in his heritage.) Paladin of Tyr. Lawful Good. He was gruff and angry and childish and very petty, but he genuinely worked at being LG and he loved being around kids (seriously he was like AAAA A BABY :Dc let me hold your child yaaaaay :Dc) and he was very egalitarian when it came to women. He also believed very much in redemption, being, well. A Githyanki. He was terrified of dragons (due to a childhood accident) and loved LOVED Nightmares and constantly complained about how terrible horses were as a mount and why can't I have a Nightmare mount? Wah wah wah. He also loved beef and would live off beef stew, the kind with very few vegetables, from inns if he could.

Of course, he LOOKED the part of a Githyanki. Long red hair, weird skinny physique and filed-sharp teeth. And a lot of jewelry he didn't want to give up but he did in the name of the Church. In return he keeps his armor spiked and proper shiny. He also tended to strip down to the bare minimum for public presentation when he didn't need to armor up. Githyanki, what can you do?

His Charisma was surprisingly good, in a gruff way (no more than 16, but more than 10). It was his Wisdom that he dumped. :V

At one point he made an EPIC AS ALL GET OUT bluff roll and scared off a Red Dragon that was attacking the church he and his ward were rooming in. Then he threw up and almost passed out from sheer terror. :V And that was how he got his third level of Paladin.

(His ward/keeper is another story, and another post. Githzerai cleric of Illmater. He has issues, but not the kind you'd think!)

28. - Top - End - #28
    Banned

I had an epic-level anthro-raccoon psion, Yarram (really just a reflavored gray elf) with his anthro-fox psychic warrior/illithid slayer cohort and lover, Yantze (who was a reflavored human).

They were the two strongest survivors of the illithid apocalypse (where the mind flayers attempted to slingshot the world into the sun, killing most of the life on the surface as a result). They were considered heroes by most for stopping the illithids' mad plan, but were also ex-communicates from the church and were considered criminals by several governments for the 'crime' of homosexuality. It was a very interesting dilemma, since they were considered 'evil' by those in charge, and yet they clearly had nothing but good deeds under their belts, and were the only people strong enough to successfully and repeatedly resist the mind-flayers (and everyone knew it, too).

Their primary goal was to prevent further attempts from the mind flayers to catapult the world into the sun, and to hunt down every illithid they could reach. They also had a salve of opposite alignment (similar to the helm). Their plan was to find an elder brain, turn it Good, then use it to mind seed (non-evil version) every other illithid and elder brain they could get their paws on.

Failing that, they'd kill all the bastards until there were none left.
    Last edited by Lycanthromancer; 2009-01-19 at 03:13 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't played this character yet, but I'm considering her as a possibility when I retire my current 4e character.

Everyone? I'd like you to meet Abellia Otumbar, a human warlock who made a most unusual deal with the devils.

"People take one look at me and are either disgusted or curious. Either way, I relish the attention!"
    Concept and Background
    Spoiler
    Show

1. The first thing most people notice about Abellia is the fact that she is, for lack of a better term, fat. She immediately draws looks, especially since the general community of adventurers are well-chiseled and godlike. She's not completely hideous, and she has a pretty face, but most onlooker's eyes are immediately drawn to her gut.
    2. The second thing that most people notice is the fact that she doesn't conceal her body but displays it openly, wearing revealing attire and actively flirting with handsome men she comes across in her travels. She's entirely comfortable with who she is, and when a person is rude about her flaunting her body, she either ignores them or delivers a potentially explosive comeback.
    3. Abellia forged an Infernal Pact with a devil named Q'adzag'gonex when she was in her early teens. She'd recently suffered a bad break-up with a boyfriend, supposedly because she wasn't slim enough for him, and used some magic tomes her parents, who were retired adventurers had acquired, to summon him. Q'adzag'gonex immediately offered her great power in exchange for her soul, as devils do, but Abellia quickly turned him down, instead talking the fiend's ear off about her romantic troubles. In a desperate attempt to get away from her, Q'adzag'gonex offered a different contract. Being a devil dedicated to a specific sin, he offered her great power, provided she became an exemplar of the vice he embodied. Abellia signed without knowing the full consequences.
    4. Q'adzag'gonex's sin was gluttony, and it wasn't long before Abellia found herself in the state she was today. This left her more emotionally vulnerable than before, and she summoned the fiend to try and break the contract. Q'adzag'gonex soothed her fears, claiming that she need not worry about finding love even as her stomach growled. If someone was so closed-minded as to reject someone's love due to physical qualities, they weren't worth her time. It wasn't long before Abellia decided to strike out on her own and find someone who'd love her for who she was, much to the dismay of her parents, who had already been startled by their daughter's sudden change in appetite and temperment.
    5. Unforutnately for Abellia, the insidious whisperings of Q'adzag'gonex have influenced her personality more and more, driving her into ethically troubling territory. She's not an evil person, but she's too selfish, spoiled and lazy to take up the banner of good. While her self-conciousness isn't as bad, it's quickly being replaced by a love of debauchery that may get her into trouble.

"I still have a few hopes from my childhood, but I'm not much for thinking of the future, y'know? Why worry about tommorow when you can enjoy yourself today?"
    Goals
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Abellia has spent the majority of her life looking for a husband, or at least a lover, who will accept her, flaws and all. She'd prefer this man to be wealthy and handsome, but she's not too picky. Really!
    2. Abellia is also looking for a way to turn the tables on her patron Q'adzag'gonex, so she can keep her powers, but not be ruled by her grumbling belly. As much as she's comfortable with herself, she tends to rack up absurdly large food bills and it annoys her when she gets hungry in the middle of a dungeon crawl.

"You think I'm going to spill everything on the first date? Uh-uh! We're gonna need to be a bit more...intimate...for that." She smiles coyly.
    Secrets
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Every day that passes by, Abellia grows more and more worried about the status of her pact. While she at least claims she's trying to get out of it, part of her feels a perverse attraction to her size and shape, and she fears that some day, she might willingly give up her soul to Q'adzag'gonex having grown to enjoy her lifestyle.
    2. One part of the pact that Abellia did not read when she signed states that with each use of her powers her patron steals a portion of her soul, rather than signing off the whole soul at once. This is how Q'adzag'gonex has gained more and more influence over her. On the day she dies, if her sins (marked by the fragments of soul lost) outweigh her virtues (represented by how much of her soul remains) she will be consigned to the Nine Hells and be at Q'adzag'gonex's mercy.
    3. Reserved for DM surprise secret

"I've known a lot of people. In more ways than you think!" She winks.
    Contacts
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Abellia's parents, Hamnet and Pamina Otumbar, care very deeply for their daughter, and are understandably concerned over her sudden changes and her leaving. Still, they always are willing to give her and any companions she has with her a place to stay. As retired adventurers, they’re fairly knowledgeable about ruins and dungeons, as well as the potential hazards of treasures (such as the tomes that Abellia used to make her pact).
    2. Q'adzag'gonex has an unusual relationship with Abellia. While they argue almost every time they meet face-to-face, and he whispers dark thoughts into Abellia’s head when he’s not physically present, they seem to have almost a mutual affection. Abellia knows that without the devil, she wouldn’t be the woman that she is today, and is often quick to remind people that know about him that for a devil of gluttony he’s pretty damn handsome. Q'adzag'gonex, likewise, claims to regard Abellia as a burden on his time, and that he’s only interested in stealing her soul. But if pressed, he’ll confess that he’s actually proud of Abellia and considers her to be one of his finest disciples, hinting that he plans on giving her a place by his side in The Nine Hells.
    3. Baron Rutherson is a disgraced young nobleman that Abellia once conned. He was known as the eccentric son of a wealthy family, and when he met Abellia at a costume party she’d crashed he fell for her at once. She lived on the Rutherson estate for few months as Rutherson’s mistress, and having him pamper her like a true noblewoman. Abellia got bored with the relationship however, especially since Rutherson was a shallow prick who only wanted her body. While she’s comfortable with her body, she didn’t want that to be the defining thing in a relationship. So one night, she fled the Rutherson estate with as much of his wealth as she could get away with. She was able to live quite luxuriously off of it, while Rutherson was cast out of his family and forced to take up work to make ends meet. He is currently trying to track Abellia, both out of a desire for revenge and the unspoken fact that he still lusts for her.

“Memories? Gee, it’s hard to think of one particular one. Lifetime of hedonism does that to you.”
    Memories
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Abellia’s most vivid memory is when she first summoned Q’adzag’gonex. She remembers sobbing for hours before, and grabbing the books without thinking. She remembers the smell of brimstone, and the handsome being that had appeared before her. The fear and attraction to him and the pact has come to define her life.
    2. Abellia remembers the adrenaline rush she felt ripping off Baron Rutherson. Fingering through his valuables that she’d had free range over for the past few months and taking what she thought would look best on her and what would sell best, and then stealing off into the night, grinning ear to ear at swindling that pig.
    3. Abellia also remembers the first time she used her warlock powers. She remembers the heat coursing through her body, and the dark throbbing she felt in her head when she used them. The goblin she was attacking stood no chance. But what sticks most in her mind is the fact that after the battle she felt like she was starving, although she had eaten just about an hour ago. When her group stopped at an inn a few minutes later she ate enough to feed three people.

Design Notes
    Spoiler
    Show

I'll be the first to admit that this character is blatant fanservice for myself. My favorite line from The Princess Bride is "Sleep well, and dream of large women." I'd been ogling this picture for a little while, and thought it'd be interesting to make a D&D character that wasn't a twiggy elf or a Conan. Part of why I wrote out her pact the way I did was to ensure that she kept her bulk, since adventuring is naturally phyiscally strenuous, and a great way to lose weight. I know my preferences are probably going to raise a few eyebrows and possibly a few tempers. Part of what I'd like is to flesh out (no pun intended), her character so she's more interesting than just a flirty fat warlock.

What do you guys think? Surprised? Offended? Intrigued?
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

30. - Top - End - #30

Planetar

I had a gnome once.

Yeah.

But for real, though. It was a cleric 3/Beguiler 7/Divine Prankster 5/Shadowcraft Mage 5. He posed as a cleric of garl glittergold and traveled the countryside pulling lighthearted pranks on entire villages at once.

One time, he used the enage ability of the divine prankster and hit someone in the face with an egg out of nowhere.

Later on, we needed an egg for something. I forget what. The conversation went like this:

"Could you conjure up another egg like before?"

"I can't conjure."

"You just carry eggs around, then?"

"Of course not!"

"Then where'd you get that egg?"

"That wasn't an egg, silly!"

"Then what was it?"

"A joke."

"A... joke? That doesn't make any sense."

"Do. Not. Qustion... The Glittergold... Tee hee!"