New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [Thread Purge] For auld lang syne, my dear.

For auld lang syne,
    We'll take a cup of kindness yet,
    For auld lang syne.

Things to See and Do
    The Ikea Tarrasque, V2.0 - Tarrasque-esque powers at only +7 CR? Surely you can't be serious!
    The Logic Ninja's Guide to Wizards: Being Batman - Self explanatory.

---

Well, with the purge of Gaming D20 oncoming, perhaps it's time we revisited some of the old threads, and give them all one last sendoff before they all go away.

And, for those of us who have missed some really great threads, to have a chance to see them at least once and save them to hand down to the next generation of GitPers.

The few I remember from the mists of time (All from 2007, so don't worry about these):

That Damned Crab, or, at least the earliest I've seen of it.

Of course, as Fax said, don't advance that damn crab under any circumstances.

It doesn't end there, either - oh, my dear no. From there, it stepped up into becoming the That Pseudonatural Paragon Damn Crab!. Amusing Fact: Page 5 of this thread comes up first hit on google for 'That Damn Crab'.

Escalation, of course, never stops, and we see That Damned Crab of the Apocalypse, Helcaerfax.

Any more in Fax's former preoccupation with crabs, I haven't been able to find.

Then, there's Funkitude, Kellus' postulation of a third alignment axis.

---

So, anybody have any old threads they'd like to share before they're gone for good?

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, this seemed like the best place to put it. Let me know if I'm sadly mistaken.

Basically, the idea is to get a list of to-be-purged threads, to see some of the best so we can save them away before they get pruned off.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Or at least reading-comprehension challenged.

Oh well.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2009-01-27 at 05:35 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Thread Purge] For auld lang syne, my dear.

If the thread was posted in since Dec 31, 2006, it's not being purged. All of those seem to have been started after that date.

So, don't panic. But certainly, a thread for gathering links to content we do want to save is a worthy endeavour.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd just like to interject that people should not post in these links. Look in the pruning thread if you aren't sure why.

Personally, I've spent many hours coming up with overly dangerous-for-their-CR monsters based on the various versions of the crab, but also inspired by:

Ikea Tarrasque (or at least Version 2.0)

If someone can locate the original thread, that'd be pretty cool.
    "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
    - Thomas Jefferson

4. - Top - End - #4

Wait. 2k6.

Hooray reading comprehension skills.

Well, looks like mine are out the window (too new an active member, methinks). I'll just wait for a few more and compile them into a list.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Well lets see, I checked one of the most famous pieces of optimization work around here, and its last post was 12 Dec 06, so that will probably be purged. Save a copy while you can folks.
    ESPRE Super Powers Roleplay Engine: An open game RPG about super powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!
    Emerald Legion A Mind Flayer's guide to breeding Ikea Tarrasques
    The Blob Ikea Tarrasques Redux through Fusion+Astral Seed
    Spellblade Tennis Throw out nigh infinite spells per round
    Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy Nigh infinite melee damage exploit

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Well lets see, I checked one of the most famous pieces of optimization work around here, and its last post was 12 Dec 06, so that will probably be purged. Save a copy while you can folks.
    Ah, thanks for that one. Never seen it myself - first impression is that it's famous with good reason.

Excuse me while I go file this particular gem away.