New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Trick Shot [Feat]

Well, given I've heard a bunch about how wind wall makes archers insta-useless...

Trick Shot
    Over, down, even the occasional bank-shot: To hit the bullseye, a straight line is not always the fastest path.
    Effect: By taking a -2 to hit, you can fire an arrow in a parabola to bypass an obstacle, such as a wind wall.
    Normal: Your shots are fired in a straight line to the target.

If I didn't have to head out for classes now, I'd work on other types of trick-shots. Anyway, for what it's worth, a quick-n-dirty feat.
    Terrence Randall and the Kinslayer by NEO|Phyte
    Dencamp Bertrande takes a bow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Terrence Randall by The Stoney One

Rennac Belnades by Lord Iames.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Trick Shot [Feat]

Hm. It does what it promises. Though I'd make mention of whether range penalties still apply, and whether you take penalties for the full range of the parabola. I'd imagine that you would get penalties for the full range.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern.
    If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I finally remembered this account after two years. If I begin to get nostalgic, just snap me out of it. Don't worry, I don't expect you to remember me.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

How about an overdraw trick? take a penalty to the to hit to make shots extra peircing (the original sounded like power attack) or shoot through. take a penalty to hit to make the arrow go through the first target to hit a second one. the possiblitys are endless
    Quote Originally Posted by knightsaline View Post
    Living Vengeful Gaze of God/Contingent True Resurrection: Kills you, kills itself, True rezzes itself, kills again, kills itself again, true rezzes itself again..........
    "On the other hand, maybe all of this could have been prevented if you had just managed to get laid once in a while. You can't tell me you would have been as tightly wound if you had been getting treasure type O once in a while"

Roxas avatar made by Adghar. The keyblades are Diamond dust and One Winged Angel

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

An arrow that could pierce clean through would be impossib--
    Wait, it's d20, nevermind. That could work.
    Overdraw sounds interesting, but taking a feat so you can pull a bowstring a little harder doesn't make sense either...
    Terrence Randall and the Kinslayer by NEO|Phyte
    Dencamp Bertrande takes a bow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Terrence Randall by The Stoney One

Rennac Belnades by Lord Iames.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

There is a magic item that allows shoot-through. It is very expensive. And for a good reason. You can hit a huge line of enemies. Very powerful indeed. though the feat could work if you had to, say, beat the AC by 10. that would mean you hit an unarmored part of the body, allwoing the arrow to go though. Now I realize that this is only really possible with true strike. I don't care.

Nice feat, BTW. any self-respecting ranger would take it. I think that the range should be halfed. And could you use this to go around another enemy to hit one in back? If so, then this is broken. unless you have an improved trick shot... I digress. It's a good feat, that needs some cleaning up and some prerequites. Dex 15+ should suffice.
    My sister has more ranks in Tumble then your level 13 rogue!

(Seriously. She's a gymnast.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    I'm not gonna pass up a 4 armed hug!
    STOCKS:
    Spoiler
    Show
    40 HNJO $240

Total cost: 240

Total left: 760
    Townies: Fualkner and Fellus

Edge Riders: A new RPG system in the making. We need more members, so click that link!

6. - Top - End - #6

There is a feat or a class ability, I think, but it's at -4 each time it goes through someone.

You might want to put that it can bypass all types of cover. Like a seeking arrow.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    An arrow that could pierce clean through would be impossib--
    Wait, it's d20, nevermind. That could work.
    Atlatls (spearthrowers) could punch clean through a knight in full chain mail when the Aztecs re-invented them when the conquistidors started fighting them. I don't think it's too unreasonable that a smaller but much faster projectile can punch though a person and keep going.

Just something to keep in mind with this feat is that, at full range increment in real life, you'd be shooting at a 45 degree angle. DnD isn't too heavy on the realism, though, so I think something like this would work fine.
    Proudly without a signature for 5 years. Wait... crap.

8. - Top - End - #8

sorry to:
    -neophyte's game
    -gladiator players
    -tlotb readers
    -irc 4e game dudes
    -tooth and claw

apologies for flaking out of all that stuff