New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [Domain] summoning domain

the summoning domain is the result of someone asking for a domain that has all the SNA spells as the domain list.
    here we go!
    Summoning domain
    Dieties: artemia (god/goddess in my homebrew)
    gained power: free augment summoning feat, even if you don't qualify for it
    Spells:
    1: Summon natures ally 1
    1: summon monster 1
    2: summon natures ally 2
    2: summon monster 2
    3: summon natures ally 3
    3: summon monster 3
    4: summon natures ally 4
    4: summon monster 4
    5:summon natures ally 5
    5: summon monster 5
    6: summon natures ally 6
    6: summon monster 6
    7: summon natures ally 7
    7: summon monster 7
    8: summon natures ally 8
    8: summon monster 8
    9: summon natures ally 9
    9: summon monster 9

yes, I do know that all it is is SNA and SM spells, I just want a cleric that summons a lot.

edit: removed the limitation, as its already there
    Quote Originally Posted by knightsaline View Post
    Living Vengeful Gaze of God/Contingent True Resurrection: Kills you, kills itself, True rezzes itself, kills again, kills itself again, true rezzes itself again..........
    "On the other hand, maybe all of this could have been prevented if you had just managed to get laid once in a while. You can't tell me you would have been as tightly wound if you had been getting treasure type O once in a while"

Roxas avatar made by Adghar. The keyblades are Diamond dust and One Winged Angel

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Domain] summoning domain

Characters are already limited alignment-wise when it comes to summoning, as summon spells gain the (Alignment) descriptor of whatever they summon.

Other than that minor technicality, it's a bit plain, but still good. I'll have to make sure the cleric in my game never finds out about the idea. :)
    Visit Sunny Balmy Exotic Sigil, City of Doors

"Parallel" avatar by idksocrates
    Lady of Pain avatar by ElfLad

3. - Top - End - #3

Most domains only have one spell each level. Other than that, this looks good.
    Last projects, from years back: Lesser Disciplines (Tome of Battle). Also, Never Behind the Curve (multiclassing).

Some of my current work is under the name IGTN on D&D Wiki

4. - Top - End - #4

Well, it's more Summon Monster I/Summon Nature's Ally 1, depending on whether you're a druid or a cleric I think.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrfalcon
    Well, it's more Summon Monster I/Summon Nature's Ally 1, depending on whether you're a druid or a cleric I think.
    druids dont get domains...
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte
    druids dont get domains...
    thats another topic i might address....or not. druids are already powerful enough with their wildshapes and their timeless bodies.
    Living Vengeful Gaze of God/Contingent True Resurrection: Kills you, kills itself, True rezzes itself, kills again, kills itself again, true rezzes itself again..........
    "On the other hand, maybe all of this could have been prevented if you had just managed to get laid once in a while. You can't tell me you would have been as tightly wound if you had been getting treasure type O once in a while"

Roxas avatar made by Adghar. The keyblades are Diamond dust and One Winged Angel

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by I_Got_This_Name
    Most domains only have one spell each level. Other than that, this looks good.
    I really couldn't decide which one of these spells to use, so I used both. feel free to remove the SNAs or the SMs if you wish, just make sure the 5000 XP goes to me, not some god who doesn't need it.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

There's a summoning domain in some book. It has summon moster at every level, except for planar allies and I think gate (summon only) at 9th.
    As a side note: I've never liked the fact that nature's ally get's stronger creatues. The bonuses of the template's hardly matter in a fight IMO, and even the elementals are delayed. Why do druids get awesome spell list+wildshape+the best summons+spontaneous summoning?
    [/rant]
    Fizban's Tweaks and Brew: Google Drive (PDF), Thread
    A collection of over 200 pages of individually small bans, tweaks, brews, and rule changes, usable piecemeal or nearly altogether, and even some convenient lists. Everything I've done that I'd call done enough to use in one place (plus a number of things I'm working on that aren't quite done, of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet Octopus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    sheer awesomeness

9. - Top - End - #9

That's true on the druids, I spaced on that. >_<