New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius V: Madre de Diodes!

It seems likely that it simply took Agatha at her word. She is obviously a powerful Spark, whether or not this particular section of the Castle believes her to be a Heterodyne, and if she says she's going to blast a hole the size of the Castle through and around Merlot, there are plenty of Sparks the Castle has known that would mean that literally.
    Ruya Perist, Flight from Ironheart
    Teira Feiwright, Lost and Clueless

I am me, you are you.
    We’re totally different, separate persons.
    But even so, what if we have just one thing in common?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

It is possible that the "insane" part of castle is also loyal to Agatha (after hearing from everybody who she is) and thinks the other part of castle is the insane part.

Or of course as already mentioned the attempt to gain control may have been successful, perhaps due to dingbot.

On Othar Twitter, a previous twitter adventure had multiple Othars, more than one might still be around. The one in castle might die/disappear/become the "Other". (If so it may end up being another Othar verses clone Othar adventure)

As well Von Pinn may have started out as a clone who then died then became a construct.
    Last edited by multilis; 2009-05-27 at 10:56 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Ah Merlot: grown, ripened, picked, crushed.... aged then bottled?

This part of the insane castle would want a Spark to fix it, not believing they're a certified Heterodyne but valuing the Spark non the less.

But my bet goes to the "sane" part of the Kestle gaining control of this section and watching events for a little while to see how things were going, stepping in only when a true throw down was eminent.

EDIT: OR looking back over the last two pages the Kestle did NOT want Agatha firing that death ray at a high enough power to put a "hole the size of the castle" in Merlot. In a sense, it squashed Merlot in self defense before Agatha could fire.

This implies that the castle we're dealing with is the "sane" one who knows what that death ray can do.
    Last edited by Zazu Yen; 2009-05-27 at 11:32 AM.
    This post hand crafted by a synapse cluster which also processes nuts, shellfish, alcohol, sarcasm, gluten, puns, MSG, caffeine, ennui, grains, tree pollen, abstract logic, GMO, petroleum byproducts, webcomics, 70's-80's sitcom theme music, pet dander, dubstep and EDM, aspartame, every Monty Python episode and movie, MCU, DCU, asbestos, sugar, LotR, ST, SW, PotC, lead, discworld, electric swing, latex, and Disney IPs as well as other controlled substances. Consume at your own risk.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    No no no no, wait hang on...... this doesn't fit, what Agatha says there conflicts with the "the Cryptographers already told the Baron" possibility, and Merlot's Medium-sized No confirms that she was spot on, afterall surely Merlot would know that whether or not the Baron had already known about it before he got hauled off to Castle Heterodyne?.
    Note that Agatha doesn't really know when Merlot broke Beetle's code. She assumes that he did it while she was still on Castle Wulfenbach; Klaus indicates that he didn't see the notes until after she left.

Merlot's small no is the realization that his own stupidity has, once again, caused him to get the foul end of the stick. His enraged no is his standard response to finding this out.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Note that Agatha doesn't really know when Merlot broke Beetle's code. She assumes that he did it while she was still on Castle Wulfenbach; Klaus indicates that he didn't see the notes until after she left.

Merlot's small no is the realization that his own stupidity has, once again, caused him to get the foul end of the stick. His enraged no is his standard response to finding this out.
    It's interesting on the last page you linked to, Merlots exposé, we see Beetle examining the skull of an Other creation, we know he had a Hive Engine to study and Merlot comments that he destroyed all of Beetles seceret labs that he could find. I think Beetleburge may still hold some secretes that can help defeat the Other.
    This post hand crafted by a synapse cluster which also processes nuts, shellfish, alcohol, sarcasm, gluten, puns, MSG, caffeine, ennui, grains, tree pollen, abstract logic, GMO, petroleum byproducts, webcomics, 70's-80's sitcom theme music, pet dander, dubstep and EDM, aspartame, every Monty Python episode and movie, MCU, DCU, asbestos, sugar, LotR, ST, SW, PotC, lead, discworld, electric swing, latex, and Disney IPs as well as other controlled substances. Consume at your own risk.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Question: What are the glowy blue things on the stone that was just dropped?

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

You know it could be some sort of vaccume rather then just an overly large blunt object. We don't see any gears or blood after all. Perhaps the castle didn't just kill him after all.

Does the castle remind anyone else of Blane The Mono from the Dark Tower?
    Try my own recipie for web comic fantasy, humor and adventure in my comic .

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Ya, Agatha's jumping to a lot of conclusions... hell, she is even calling merlot an idiot for the wrong reasons. I mean you can't call someone an idiot for something they could not have possibly known; there was no way Merlot could have known Agatha was taken to castle wulfenbach... so most of what she says on this page is wrong... only thing she got right is that merlot is an idiot, though for the wrong reasons

9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Greep View Post
    W: None of the above.

Heterodyne castle: "Be careful, you are about to leave the area under my direct control"

Somethin's gotta happen concerning that eventually ;)
    Bwahahaha, greep wins again.

Anyways one of the glowy blue things is the heterodyne symbol, dunno what the others are. Maybe the oriental version of lorum dipsum >.>
    Last edited by Greep; 2009-05-27 at 06:09 PM.
    -"I believe in gender equality, so SHOOT ME YOU WUSSY!"
    -Oh hey, let's go steal the tv from the corpse house?" NOBODY HAS EVER SAID THAT UTAHRAPTOR!
    -Stan you're pointing a gun to GOD. I.. I can't even THINK of a better metaphor.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

It's... flimsy, Klaus would have wanted to question Merlot about Agatha if he was hauled off after Agatha escaped, so it seems unlikely that he could go from burning the university to Der Kestle without learning about these details...

One last thing I noticed, Klaus said "I finally cracked them", yeah I reckon the cryptographers were sending Klaus copies of any encrypted notes they find (which would be the logical thing to do).

Klaus didn't bother decrypting them himself at that point since he wasn't aware of any immediate urgency, the cryptographers manage to find out about Agatha while she was still on Castle Wulfenbach, Merlot not knowing where Agatha was burns the University down to keep his own hide safe (he problably knew that Klaus had a copy but he chanced that he would either be unable or not bother to decrypt them, atleast not untill he has time to escape), however he is caught and then sent to Der Kestle.

Then it hits the fan and Agatha's identity is discovered, she escapes, and Klaus, now motivated to found out as much as he can starts decrypting the copy of the notes he was sent, he can't question Merlot now that he's stuck in Der Kestle so Merlot is stuck with just the knowledge possessed in Beetle's notes and nothing else.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

11. - Top - End - #101

OldWizardGuy

This really makes me wonder. If beetle knew who Agatha was, his holding a hive machine and his throwing a bomb at, supposedly, Agatha, are a lot more significant.
    -"I believe in gender equality, so SHOOT ME YOU WUSSY!"
    -Oh hey, let's go steal the tv from the corpse house?" NOBODY HAS EVER SAID THAT UTAHRAPTOR!
    -Stan you're pointing a gun to GOD. I.. I can't even THINK of a better metaphor.

12. - Top - End - #102

This really makes me wonder. If beetle knew who Agatha was, his holding a hive machine and his throwing a bomb at, supposedly, Agatha, are a lot more significant.
    Well, we've known this for some time. Gil already suspected it earlier and Merlot's story merely confirms it. Agatha initially brushed this off, since Beetle was her beloved mentor. Klaus explained that Beetle knew who Agatha was to Dupree on his way to invade Sturmhalten.

Beetle simply wanted to hide his bid for power and it seems his plans were pretty much the same as what Tarvek and family wanted to do: back-engineer the Other's tech, with some help from Agatha, and take over Europe. He probably wanted to figure out the voice-lock that Lucrezia has on all her tech and maybe use Agatha as a pawn for other things as well.
    Last edited by LurkerInPlayground; 2009-05-27 at 09:46 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

It's also inherent in his notes (why else would he think she could control slavers?)

And, as I recall, it's in the secret blueprints (on Adam and Lilith's page; "Beetle was the only other person who knew who Agatha was...")
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2009-05-28 at 08:24 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Beetle simply wanted to hide his bid for power and it seems his plans were pretty much the same as what Tarvek and family wanted to do: back-engineer the Other's tech, with some help from Agatha, and take over Europe. He probably wanted to figure out the voice-lock that Lucrezia has on all her tech and maybe use Agatha as a pawn for other things as well.
    no, Beetle wasnt plotting for power, it has been implied that both he and Adam&Lillith belived that Klaus was the Other, so he was seaching for a way to combat the Slaver Wasps, and the reason he throw a bomb at Agatha was because he though Klaus was going to turn them into Revenants.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm fairly certain that it's mentioned somewhere that Beetle wanted to use Agatha and the Wasps to gain enough power to be able to protect his city from Klaus.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

New crazy theory:

Spoiler
    Show

It's already been suggested that we would have a new player enter the game - what if that's what happened? Agatha's outburst indicates that she recognizes this Kestle voice, which could mean it's the local 'crazy Kestle' or the 'Sane Kestle' that's obeying her....what if it's the Main Kestle in the Crypt, restored to local control by Dingbot's tinkering? She doesn't seem happy to hear the voice, though whether it's because she doesn't like the voice's owner or because it crushed Merlot is unknown.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Glyphstone View Post
    New crazy theory:

Spoiler
    Show

It's already been suggested that we would have a new player enter the game - what if that's what happened? Agatha's outburst indicates that she recognizes this Kestle voice, which could mean it's the local 'crazy Kestle' or the 'Sane Kestle' that's obeying her....what if it's the Main Kestle in the Crypt, restored to local control by Dingbot's tinkering?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Or the it's the Kestle kitchen, which has taken a good look at her blood.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2009-05-28 at 10:32 AM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    no, Beetle wasnt plotting for power, it has been implied that both he and Adam&Lillith belived that Klaus was the Other, so he was seaching for a way to combat the Slaver Wasps, and the reason he throw a bomb at Agatha was because he though Klaus was going to turn them into Revenants.
    This leads to a "Who REALLY was the Other?" again though. Agatha was clearly sent to Beetle after being taken from the Spider Women. I find it a bit hard to belive that Agatha's mom was able to fool the Boys into beliving that she was not the Other and it was really Klaus. Unless she really was not the Other and she honestly didn't know who it was, beliving it really was Klaus. Of course this leads back to the Other being a construct of some sort that has Lucrecias memoriers/mind.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Let's think about this for a second. Klaus disappears mysteriously just before Lucrezia has a change of heart and agrees to marry Bill. Lucrezia then disappears about the same time the Other shows up. The Other disappears and suddenly here's Klaus again, in full badass mode and ready to pound the world into submission if it gets out of hand... What would you think if you were Punch or Judy?

No matter how you look at it, the timing is more than a bit suspicious. Perhaps Klaus was an intimate companion of the Other? Perhaps Klaus was the Other and was using Lucrezia as his pawn? Perhaps the Other had kept Klaus in a closet as a spare body in case Lucrezia was killed or unable to succeed in her objectives? Perhaps that was the plan all along, to use the Other to destabilize the world and Klaus to reshape it as he saw fit? You have to admit, none of these are all that outlandish compared to the truth as we know it.
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2009-05-28 at 03:46 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Let's think about this for a second. Klaus disappears mysteriously just before Lucrezia has a change of heart and agrees to marry Bill. Lucrezia then disappears about the same time the Other shows up. The Other disappears and suddenly here's Klaus again, in full badass mode and ready to pound the world into submission if it gets out of hand... What would you think if you were Punch or Judy?
    Actually, they're hiding from Klaus because Barry told them to. Apparently, Barry had some good reason to suspect Klaus - and recall that Barry would have been on the trail of The Other pretty much all of the time.

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Klaus also came back with a son...
    But really, saying Klaus is or some way related to the other JUST because he went missing during those years is a SERIOUS leap in logic. I mean, Klaus was one of the good guys, he was close friends to both Bill and Barry, and he fought the good fight right by their sides... to go from THAT to the Other is a huge leap... frankly it's so much easier to just conclude his disappearance was just a coincidence and the other was some other spark

The theory i'm going with is that the one who attacked the castle was Klaus from the future, via time travel. Most likely under the command of clank Lucrezia

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    This leads to a "Who REALLY was the Other?" again though. Agatha was clearly sent to Beetle after being taken from the Spider Women. I find it a bit hard to belive that Agatha's mom was able to fool the Boys into beliving that she was not the Other and it was really Klaus. Unless she really was not the Other and she honestly didn't know who it was, beliving it really was Klaus. Of course this leads back to the Other being a construct of some sort that has Lucrecias memoriers/mind.
    The problem with this, as I've said over and over, is that when the Other possessed Agatha, she showed detailed knowledge of things only Lucrezia should know (her reminiscing over Klaus, for instance). She also referred to Agatha as her daughter -- in a monologue to herself.

The Other is Lucrezia. Maybe there are other versions of Lucrezia out there (heck, we know about two already), but the entity that possessed Agatha was clearly the Other (she was instantly recognized by all the Other's minions, had the Other's tech, and so forth), and was also clearly the mind of Agatha's mother, who has been canonically stated by the Foglios to be Lucrezia.

I mean, yes, I know epileptic tree theories are fun, and nothing prevents a shocking swerve where things like that line where the Other unambiguously refers to Agatha as her daughter in an internal monologue are all a dream or something -- but I'm getting tired of the sheer persistence of those theories. We have seen huge amounts of extremely difficult to explain away evidence that the Other is Lucrezia, and the only real reason anyone doubts this is "well, but she's acting really weird."

She's a Spark. She's insane even by the standards of a Spark, and it looks like she has a habit of making duplicates of herself with a distressing desire to kill the original (Clank-Lucrezia tried to have Agatha-Lucrezia offed at the first chance, say), likely while sending them backwards or forwards through time. Some of her actions probably wouldn't make sense to her, not even if you gave her a detailed map.
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2009-05-28 at 10:19 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

Seems this will lead to some catfight...

Popcorn?
    My avatar used to be a W.S.D. (Weapon of Sanity Destruction)
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    After reading the Dominic Deagen forum threads, can you really accuse me of bashing? Read it again. That is the kind of thing that is pure venom. They don't even take it seriously anymore. It's just done for fun.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

All hands to the Sneaky Gate - there be a strip up there!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I did not foresee this. Zola has joined Team Heterodyne?

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

25. - Top - End - #115

Nah, I think it is more "Zola flirts with Gil"

You schmooze you lose, Agatha!

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dogmac View Post
    Nah, I think it is more "Zola flirts with Gil"

You schmooze you lose, Agatha!
    Considering Agatha has already threatened Zola with DOOM, the fact that she stuck around to take care of Gil means that she's planning on sticking around for the duration.

Now that's twue wuv

Also: why is Sleipnir plugging Krosp into Der Kestle?
    Last edited by Oracle_Hunter; 2009-05-28 at 11:15 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

27. - Top - End - #117
    Pixie in the Playground

Iiiiiiinteresting. So she didn't escape after all. Well, that takes care of several potential wandering groups. Now we're down to just Othar and Von Pinn, I believe.

So much for the love triangle. Shall we call it... a love parallelogram?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan View Post
    Surely it is already a more than 2d relationship graph when you include the Zeegatha, Zeethiggs, Moletta, Tarvamesh, and Tarletta angles. Somebody needs to make a graph.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Firbolg in the Playground

All hands to the Sneaky Gate - there be a strip up there!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I did not foresee this. Zola has joined Team Heterodyne?
    Comics go up @12am eastern us time, if they're right on the dot.

Also: why is Sleipnir plugging Krosp into Der Kestle?
    Because it's amusing; got to love the little details like Krosp's whiskers arcing.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan View Post
    At this point it's not a parallelogram because not all the points connect in reasonable ways (Tarvek is unlikely to simply fall in love with Zola, for example).

Given that both the men are in need of hospital beds (one already turning into a blueberry) I'm guessing that Professora Kaja had some influence on the scripting of this portion...time for some strong female characters with a minimally male supporting cast.

If I had to describe this, it wouldn't be as a love triangle or parallelogram...more like a love tossed salad with blueberries and smashed merlot dressing.

why is Sleipnir plugging Krosp into Der Kestle?
    Sleipnir is looking in the same direction as Theo, but she's smiling and distracted while Theo is scared and Krosp looks disgusted, while Zeetha looks in a different direction entirely. I'm guessing that Der Kestle is showing JagerPorn up there on a large screen, and that we've just learned something about exactly what floats Sleipnir's boat...

So, who wants to start the betting pool on who will encounter Von Pinn first? The Zeethiggs/Theo/Sleipnir party, or the Gilgatha+Zoe party, or Tarvek and cousin? I'm betting we won't see Othar again until July given the update frequency...

--ripple
    Last edited by ripple; 2009-05-28 at 11:50 PM. Reason: grammar (in==>with) and adding a thought.