New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Scariest/funniest monster creation

Everyone share their funniest or most fiendish monster creation i'll start with something inspired by this foreums.

Vorpal Tribbles
    Diminitive magical beast
    Hd (1D4)
    Hp (4)
    AC: (17)
    Abilities
    Str: 5 (-3)
    Dex: 17 (4)
    Con (10)
    Int (1)
    Wis (10)
    Cha (6)
    Attack: Bite +7 (2D4-3)
    Full round: bites (7)
    saves: F(4), R (10), wll (10)
    Special: mass multiply. Gnawing bite, vorpral bite, sense magic
    Feats: weapon finese (bite), evasion, uncanny dodge
    Skills (+10 on burrow, +5 on climb, -5 on swim, spot +2, listen +4)
    treasure: none
    ALignment: NN
    Grouping: single, trio, or swarm (5-10)
    Cr: 2

Created form the most irresponsalbe uses of magic and neglect, the Vorpral tribbles look at first like cute little spherical puff balls of soft downy or silky fur about the size of a kitten. a pair of black eyes are the only features that makes the top recognizable from the bottom, however when agitated they reveal a long toothy smile that stretches almost entirly around their body, filled with razor sharp teeth. These vicious animals are not to be mistaken as pets and can turn in an instant. Tribbles are passive and harmless as long as there is no magic around for them to feed on. Enginered by magic they can only reproduce once they have been fed mystical energies, but once they do there is nearly nothing short of extermination that can stop the endless breeding and sudden savage nature. Tribbles hone in on any magic they might sense and seek immediently to devour it, becoming violent in this presuit. once they ingest the magic they sweel up, becoming horible monsters and begin to reproduce (via budding) and endless supply of the monsters. Once a tribble has ingested magic and become a breeder it becomes savage and vicious attacking anything it comes across. if left unchecked one tribble can cause an infestation that can cripple entire cities.

Mass multiply: If the Tribble becomes the target for a spell or psionic ability, the spell has a 75% chance to fail, if it does the Tribble has absorbed the magic and converts it into reproduction from that point on that tribble sweels to twice its size (adding +3 to its attack damage) and every round produces 2 other normal tribbles. This ability is triggered if a Tribble ever makes contact with a magical potion, or eats a magical item, artifact or scroll. The Tribble continues to produce offspring until it is slain.

Sense magic: a tribble can automaticly discern whether a source of magic is within 50 feet of itself

Gnawing bite: open a successful bite attack a tribble can attempt a graple (+0) as a free action. the tribble deals bite damage for each round it remains grappled.

Vorpal bite: when a Tribble scores a successful critical hit, roll a third threat die, if this one is also a critical the tribble severs whatever limb it bite on to (chosen by random or by DM).

Racial Skills: a Tribble gnaws through wood and stone easily allowing it to effectivly burrow in any surface or through straight walls, Tribbles are very unboyant and almost immediently upon submersion begin to drown.

add your thoughts and contributions!!!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Scariest/funniest monster creation

How about this:

Swarm of Ings
    Fine humanoid (swarm)
    HD 20d8 (13)
    Initiative: +13
    Speed: 100'
    Armor Class: 31
    Base Attack/Grapple: +15, -21
    Attack: swarm (damage as weapon used in small size, standard +1 flaming shortspear: 1d4 + 1d6 + 1)
    Space/reach: 10'/-
    Special Attacks: spell like abilities
    Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/-
    Saves: Fort: +15, Ref: +19, Will: +15
    Abilities: str: 1, dex: 36, con: 10, wis: 10, int: 11, cha: 11
    Skills: Hide +37, Move silently +41
    Feats: Iron will, great fortitude, stealthy, Run, Track, Skill focus (hide), skill focus (Move silently)
    Environment: plains
    Organization: swarm (1) or hive (2-10)
    Challenge Rating: 15
    Treasure: 10000 of fine +1 flaming shortspears
    Alignment: any
    Advancement: -
    Level Adjustment: -

Swarm traits: A swarm has no clear front or back and no discernable anatomy, so it is not subject to critical hits or flanking. A swarm made up of Tiny creatures takes half damage from slashing and piercing weapons. A swarm composed of Fine or Diminutive creatures is immune to all weapon damage. Reducing a swarm to 0 hit points or lower causes it to break up, though damage taken until that point does not degrade its ability to attack or resist attack. Swarms are never staggered or reduced to a dying state by damage. Also, they cannot be tripped, grappled, or bull rushed, and they cannot grapple an opponent.

A swarm is immune to any spell or effect that targets a specific number of creatures (including single-target spells such as disintegrate), with the exception of mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects) if the swarm has an Intelligence score and a hive mind. A swarm takes half again as much damage (+50%) from spells or effects that affect an area, such as splash weapons and many evocation spells.

Swarms made up of Diminutive or Fine creatures are susceptible to high winds such as that created by a gust of wind spell. For purposes of determining the effects of wind on a swarm, treat the swarm as a creature of the same size as its constituent creatures. A swarm rendered unconscious by means of nonlethal damage becomes disorganized and dispersed, and does not reform until its hit points exceed its nonlethal damage.

spell-like abilities: fireball at will (caster level 10, dc 15)
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

3. - Top - End - #3

AHA, i approve greatly. good stuff. though i am curious as to what these creatures might look like. i expect they are supernaturally handsom so a heavinly bueaty special qualaty might be called for.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Clearly, you people hate me.

Cool creatures. I'll add them to the list tomorrow.
    I am a poor man, some say I’m half crazy,
    son of the sword and the knife
    Lady I pledge you my sword and my honor,
    my heart and my pride and my life
    --Bella Doña, by Joe Bethancourt
    Spoiler
    Show

Alas, poor Draknir. By Mephibosheth

Owl-atar by KingGolem
    You will be missed, dear 'stache...

5. - Top - End - #5

hate u, how could we ever hate u? we love u truely...who r u?

Jackman (AKA Springglads, Spring heeled)
    Medium Outsider
    Hd (6 D 8 )= 32
    AC: 23= 7(dex)+(5+ natural)
    INT=7
    abilities
    STr: 15 (3)
    Dex (24) (7)
    Con 13 (1)
    Int (10) 0
    wis 15 (3)
    Cha 18 (4)
    attacks: 2 slashes +10, jump stomp+11
    damage: slash (1d6+3), jump stomp (2D6+11 Crit 18-20X3)
    Full round: 2 slashes (10/5) or 1 stomp (11)
    saves: F(8) R(12), will (5)
    feats: dodge, mobiliity, spring attack, power attack
    special qualaties: Fire breath, jump stomp, aura of fear, Damage reduction 5 (peirce, slash).
    Organization: 1
    alignment: always CE
    treasure: standard
    skills: Jump (+20), escape artist (9)
    chalange rating: 8
    advancement: as class level (rogue)

Jackmen appear as tall lanky humanoids, resmebling fuller figured elves or slender trolls, sometimes they are hunch backed. their hair is usually red and wild and their eyes are pools of black flame. they wear colorful outfits, often with a cape, have iron claws for hands vicious fangs, and strange spring like aparatis's on their feet. they often attack stray travelers or young women.

fire breath: 1d4 rounds a Jackman can breath a burst of blue fire into an immediate targets face. this magical fire paralizes the target for 2D6 rounds (will of 18 negates and only stunds the target for 1 round)

jump stomp: as a full round action, a Jackman can jump into the air and land on a target inflicing damage, a Jackman can leap over any other targets to attack and strike at any target within its allowed movement, due to their spring attack they can also strike at half distance and then bounce back or continue moving. Jackmen can chose to automaticly leap at least 10 feet in the air without a jump check and use this to their advantage in combat while moving.

Damage reduction 5: save cold iron.

aura of fear: DC 15

spell like abilities: at will (jump, daze, flare, feather fall, change self, expedatious retreat) once per day (grease, hideous laughter, dimension door)

6. - Top - End - #6

Oh, I like it. Perfect for terrorizing cities and evading aging military geniuses.
    I am a poor man, some say I’m half crazy,
    son of the sword and the knife
    Lady I pledge you my sword and my honor,
    my heart and my pride and my life
    --Bella Doña, by Joe Bethancourt
    Spoiler
    Show

Alas, poor Draknir. By Mephibosheth

Owl-atar by KingGolem
    You will be missed, dear 'stache...

7. - Top - End - #7

For a Cr 1, it's a crazy scary little bugger that Tribble is. :D
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

let me see if I still have the Tonberry King monster sheet from my very original Final Fantasy campaign. I designed it as a last ditch affair if the PCs were monumentally stupid in their actions...
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

9. - Top - End - #9

Black Knight
    Medium Fiendish Outsider
    HD 8D10=(75)
    AC: 20=10+ 10 (armor)
    INT: 0
    Abilities
    Str: 15 (3)
    Dex: 10 (0)
    Con: 25 (7)
    Int: 10 (0)
    Wis: 10 (0)
    Cha: 7 (-2)
    Attacks: +2 great sword (+11), tentacle rake (+9)
    Damage: great sword (2D6+6), tentacle (2D4+3)
    special: regeneraetion,
    feats: weapon specializatoin (great sword), weapon focus, power attack,
    Organization: always 1
    alignment: always NE
    treasure: tripple standard+ bellow
    Chalange rating: 10

the black knight appears in the guise of a normal humanoid warrior clad in pure black armor, in reality a fiend with a heart of darkness and love of dismemberment hides ready to pounce. the black knicht positions itself at a bridge, river, or other common pass and refuses to let anyone pass without a duel. those who can best its swordmanship quickly discover its fiendish nature as upon each limb that is cut off slithering black tendrills sprout from the armor. without its armor on the black knight is a mess of vine line limbs with a central sack holding its organs.

special: regeneration: whenever a limb is severed 2D4-1 tentacles sprout form the stub to take over, each tantacle gets its own attack, and in the case of feet 3 tentales are needed to support the knight's weight on one side. the tentacles act as if they have the improved graple feat. a black knight can reattach his limbs by holding the tentacles up to the stub (since its really just empty armor the tentacle sjust refill their vessel)

unnatural anatomy: the Blackknight is immune to sneak attacks, and critical hits.

Bite your legs off: if left without legs a blackknight can throw its self at emenies and try to bite them through its helment (attack bonus 3, damage 1d4)

Bleed on you: the black knight's blood is acidic and deals 2d6 magical evil damage to players who it bleeds on. the round before it sprouts its tentacles it will often utalize this ability by tackling or shoulder checking enemies with its blood stump

gear:
    +2 greatsword of wounding
    Fiendish Black Alamantium armor

10. - Top - End - #10

Vorpal Bunny
    Tiny Magical beast (Fiendish)
    hd 5d6: 25
    ac: 34: +10 dex, +2 size, +20 magic+2 natural
    int:10
    speed: 40 feet
    abilities:
    Str: 15 (3)
    dex: 30 (10)
    con: 10 (0)
    Int: 2: (-4)
    wis 8 (-1)
    cha: 20 (5)
    attacks: Vorpral bunny bite +17
    damage: vorpral bunny bite 2D12+3 (crit 17-20 X4)
    fullround: 3 bites (17/11/5)
    special: Vorpral bite, sneak attack, aura of innocence, blood lust
    feats: evansion, uncanny dodge, dodge, mobility, spring attack, combat reflexes. improved uncanny dodge, power attack
    organization: always 1
    alignment: always CE
    treasure: 1 holy hand granade
    chalange rating: 15

the vorpal bunny appears as a normal little white rabit, until you get close enough and it sprouts its long sharp pointy teeth and sinks into your neck. jummping from victim to victim it can leave even the most well prepared adventureing party decimated and humiliated.

Aura of innocence: the bunny appears harmless and cute, it takes a sense motive check, DC (30) to tell it is anythng other than a normal rabit

Sneak attack: the bunny can make a sneak attack (6d6), agianst anyone entering its threat range, who is not aware of its feindish nature since they are in reality ignoring or underestimating the bunny.

Vorpal: on a confirmed critical roll another threat die, if the threat roll is positive the bunny bites clear through the armor, flesh, adn bone of the person severing their head (or alternativly a limb or body part of DM's choice) leaving them bleeding 2d6 per round.

Blood lust: for every attack it successfully deals damage agianst the bunny gains 1/4 the damage dealt as temporary hit points.

11. - Top - End - #11

Hadrian_Emrys
    Small Construct
    Hd: 12d10: 60
    AC: 17=10+1 size+3 natural+3
    abilities
    Str: 0
    Dex: 15 (3)
    con -
    int 25: 7
    wis 20: 5
    cha 10 (0)
    attacks: Ramming +5
    damage: raming 1D6
    special: Spell like abilities, levitation, flyby attack
    feats: quicken spell, still spell, silent spell, uncanny dodge, evasion
    organization: 1 or pair
    alignment: any
    chalange rating 8

the Hadrian_Emrys appears as a bust of its wizard creator. inside it has magicly been altered to carry a small copy of its creator's consciencness and magical powers. the bust has no arms or legs and moves by levitation. often they're used as a hidden guard or ward to protect wizard's offices or chambers

levitate: the Hadrian_Emrys can move 20 feet in any direction with pervent menuvability each round

flybyattack

spell like abilities. at will (ghost sound, mage hand, presidigitation, flare, daze, magic missile, hold portal, flaming hands, web, haste, mage armor, sheild) 5 times per day(slow, flaming sphere, color spray) 3 times per day (lightning bolt, , crushing dispair, hideous laughter, fire ball). once per day (delayed fire ball) as a 10th level caster

Creation: craft check of 25 (stone cutting), 10,000 gold for marbel and labor, a ring of wizardry to be inserted inside the statue. ability to cast polymorph any object, magic jar, levitate, greater ward.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

You know, this stuff isn't bad. Some critiques:

Shouldn't the Black Knight gain a bite attack against if its legs get cut off?

The vorpal bunny should be a Small Magical Beast. Little isn't a size category (nitpicking, I know). I think its CR is a little too high. Yes, it has some extremely powerful abilities, but against the high level parties it would be ideally sprung against, it would probably get off two attacks (if it wins initiative) before getting squished. Innocent or not, nobody is going to ignore a bunny that just bit them for 6d6 sneak attack damage (and one hit would probably kill it). Drop the CR, or make it harder to kill.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

This topic made me think of something I used in a DnD game once. It isn't an original monster...instead, I just gave a Chicken six levels of Monk and threw it at the PCs. I could post a stat-block, if you like, but I took it right out of the PHB.

14. - Top - End - #14

Mercutio
    Medium Undead
    Hd: 6D10=30
    AC: 22=10+5 natural+7 dex
    INT: 10
    abilities
    str: 10 (0)
    dex 24 (7)
    con _
    int 10
    wis 10
    cha 10
    attacks: slam +8, peirce +10.
    damage: slam 2d6+poison, peirce 1D6+poison
    full attack, 2 slams or 2 peirces or 1 slam and 1 peirce
    special: poison, metalic, undead traits, curse, mirror jump, damage reduction, fast healing 1
    feats: power attack, dodge, uncanny dodge, whirlwind attack, improved grapple
    organization: 1
    alignment: usually CE
    chalange rating 8

a Mercutio, also called a quicksilver ghost is a spirit created by the vengence of a dying man's last words. often caught between a fight they arn't involved with or the victim of voilence, the slain spirit returns from the grave on the next full moon as a Mercutio. the Mercutio is compleatly dedicated to punishing those it cursed with its dying breath, and seeks only to destroy them and anything that stands in its way. a mercutio appears as a shade of the wronged victim made in what appears to be quick siliver.

Curse: a Mercution cannot truely be slain untill its body is unburried, and reburried with its intended victimes offering a new funeral and ritual seeking its forgiveness. the bones must be reburried upside down and wraped in a silk cloth or locked inside a lead coffin. untill this occures, even if the Mercutio is reduced to 0 hit points it simply disolves and reforms anew on the next full moon.

Mirror jump: a Mercutio can disapear into any reflective solid surface and reappear out of any like surface anywhere in the world. the size must be tinyl or greater for it to appear out of, save for mirrors which it can appear and disapear out of regardless of its size. it can appear out of polished swords, polished glass, mirrors, silver wear, golden jewlry

poison: a Mercutio is made out of mercury and those hit with its peirce attack must make a DC 18 or subcome to mercury poisoning, after 1d4 days they take a permanent 1d6 wis damage and 1d4 con damage. those hitting a Mercutio with unarmed or natural wapons must also make this save

metalic: a mercutio is immune to most spells save the following
    heat metal acts as the haste ability
    chill metal acts as slow
    tranmute metal to wood destroys it's current body immediently
    healing spells damage it as an undead
    fire based damage grants it a +4 attack and damage bonus to its peirce attacks for 1d4 rounds
    lightning spells reflect off randomly
    cold based damage has a 50% chance of freezing it into a solid form for 2d6 rounds, if 10 damage is done to it while frozen its body is destroyed till the next full moon.

damage reduction: 10 peirce, 8 slash, 2 bluegon.
    fast healing 1 per round.

15. - Top - End - #15

PheoKun
    Collosal magical beast (aquatic, shapeshifter)
    hd 32d12: 282
    ac: 21=10-4 size, +15 natural
    Int: 2
    abilities
    str: 40 (15)
    dex 5 (-3)
    con (41) (15)
    int 4 (-3)
    wis 18 (4)
    cha 10 (0)
    attacks: slam +20, tail slap+27, bite (17)/ claw +20, peck +17
    damage: slam 4d10+15, tail slap 8d12+22, bite 2d10+22/ claw 2d10+18, peck 8d10+25
    full round: 1 slam and 1 bite, 2 slams, or 1 tail slap.
    special: transformation, resurection,
    feats: power attack,
    organization: 1 or school 3
    allignment: CG or TN
    chalange rating 18

there live a kind of giant mysterious fish in the northern sea. These fish are called Kun. Nobody knows how big these fish actually are. They can turn into giant birds. When they are in bird form, they are known as Peng. Nobody knows how big these birds actually are. When they fly, their wings are like the colorful clouds in the sky. When there is a storm in the northern sea, the Peng will fly to the southern sea.

transformation: as a full round action a Pheokun can transform into a collosal pheonix. its abilities are the same save it gains the pheonix's spell like abilities and ability to fly, it cannot breath water. another full round action is required to return to normal

resurection: should a Pheokun die it bursts into ashes, in the form of a great pillar of fire that reaches out even underwater to the sky. the ashes are flung into teh air and carried by the wind to the northern sea, where they form a new Pheokun egg that hatchs into a infant in 10D10 years.

swallow whole: a creater 2 size catagores smaller than it can be swallowed whole on a successful bite attack.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun
    You know, this stuff isn't bad. Some critiques:

Shouldn't the Black Knight gain a bite attack against if its legs get cut off?

The vorpal bunny should be a Small Magical Beast. Little isn't a size category (nitpicking, I know). I think its CR is a little too high. Yes, it has some extremely powerful abilities, but against the high level parties it would be ideally sprung against, it would probably get off two attacks (if it wins initiative) before getting squished. Innocent or not, nobody is going to ignore a bunny that just bit them for 6d6 sneak attack damage (and one hit would probably kill it). Drop the CR, or make it harder to kill.

sugestion noted and taken, check the edited stats. i also took the liberty of making namesake monsters for everyone else who posted. ehehe what fun!

17. - Top - End - #17

It's SRD, but I cannot stress how much more powerful than its CR a green hag/vampire is.

Especially if you make one that's smart enough to buy or steal a suit of armor - but even unarmored, their AC is the equal of CR 14 dragons and outsiders, at a suggested CR of 8.

Now, give one a few levels of monk, so it has evasion and an even higher AC, and if you really want to mess with people add enough levels of Blackguard to give them Divine Grace.

Yeah.

Currently DMing:
    In the Emperors' Hand

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys
    For a Cr 1, it's a crazy scary little bugger that Tribble is. :D
    well you have to remember that just one alone is a Cr one, once they begin to breed like bunnys then the Cr for the encounter starts to inflate.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

I made this for an epic Campaign of the Cow. Here were Diablo II cow clones:
    Cow warrior
    Large magical beast
    HD: 3d12+6 (24 hp)
    init: -1 (-1 dex)
    AC 18 (-1 size, -1 dex, +10 natural)
    base attack/grapple: uhh.....help me out with that one; I do 3.0
    Attack: longsword +5 melee, horn +7 melee, and hooves +3
    Full Attack: longsword +5 melee (1d8+4) and horns +7 melee (1d6+4), or horns +7 melee and two hooves +3 melee (1d4+4)
    face/reach: 10 feet/10 feet
    special attacks: mad cow disease, mad cow rage
    special qualities: none
    saves: fort +5, ref +1, will +4
    ability: str 18, dex 8, con 12, int 11, wis 10, cha 10
    skills: listen +5, spot +5, swim +1
    feats: power attack, cleave
    climate: any
    organization: solitary, pair, scout party(3-6) , raiding party, (7-11), or army, (12-17)
    CR:
    treasure: none
    alignment: lawful evil
    Standing tall and furious, this bovine beast seems powerful and full of seeging rath. With it's longsword gripped in a hoove curved out to be a hand, standing upright, you realize this is no ordainary cattle. You can almost feel the rage inside of its burning red eyes.
    mad cow disease: this is an affliction carried by all demon cows. When struck by a demon cow's longsword, hoof, or horn, the target (if not a cow) must make a fort save DC 15, or take 1 temporary point of wisdom damage and attack a random non-cow creature for one turn not using spells (as the creature is too much in a rage to use spells efficiently). Secondary damage DC 13 1 temporary charisma.
    mad cow rage: a demon warrior, when injured, will fly into a berserk rage unless it makes a will save DC 17.
    This rage gives him +4 strength, +4 constitution, but a -2 AC penalty. Unlike the barbarian rage, the demonic cow is in rage until either it or its opponents are dead.
    Cow archer
    HD: 2d12+4
    init: +2 (+2 dex)
    speed: 30 feet
    AC: 18 (-1 size, +2 dex, + 7 natural armor)
    Attacks: Longbow +7, horns +5, hooves +3
    Full attack: Longbow +7 melee (1d8+2) or horns +5 melee(1d6+2) and hoof +3 melee(1d4+2) or horns +5 melee(1d6+2) and 2 hooves +2 melee (1d4+2)
    face/reach: 10 by 10/10 feet
    special attacks: mad cow disease, strength of the cow
    special qualitiies: none
    saves: fort +4, ref +4, will +4
    abilities: str 14, dex 14, con 14, int 10, wis 8, cha 8
    skills: listen +4, spot +4, jump +1
    feats: weapon specialization:longbow
    organization: solitary, pair, company (3-6), or shooting brigade [4-10 plus some cow fighters (1-5)]
    CR: 3
    Treasure: none
    Alignment: always lawful evil
    advancement: improved cow archer (see text)
    A fearsome beast, this bovine creature appears to be mighty and intelligent, with the hooves being indented and scratched in a way so the cow can hold the bow, and it seems like a furious marksmen.
    mad cow disease: same as cow fighter except arrows do not inflict it (not close enough to body as sword)
    Strength of the Cow: As a full-round action, a cow archer may channel its demonic energies to give any bovine creature a +4 strength bonus and +1 AC. Bonuses do not stack from barbarian rage, but if put on a berserking fighter, it eliminates the AC penalty.
    Orcs
    Cow sorcerer
    Large magical beast
    HD: 3d12+2 (20)
    Init: -1 (-1 dex)
    speed 20 feet
    attacks: longbow +3 melee, horns +5 melee, or hooves +3 melee
    full attack: longbow +3 melee (1d , or horns +8 melee (1d6+2), or horn+5 melee (1d6+2) and 2 hooves +3 melee (1d4+2)
    face/reach: 10 by 10/10 feet.
    special attacks: mad cow disease
    special qualities: darkvision 30 feet, spell-like abilities
    saves: fort +3, ref +1, will +6
    abilities: str 15 dex 8 con 14 int 10 wis 10 cha 14
    skills: listen +4, spot +4, search +4, scry +5
    feats: silenced arcana
    climate/terrain: any land
    organization: solitary, gang (2-4), or spellcaster support (5-
    Challenge rating: 3
    treasure:none
    advancement: improved cow sorcerer
    It appears to you to be a towering cow of unique ability. Although the demon flame flickers in his eye, it almost seems as if the eyes are looking upon the hoof.
    Cow sorcerer are the magical support of any army of the cow, using their spell-like abilities to take on average spellcasters, as they are abnormally strong demon casters. No cow general is without one.
    Mad cow disease: same as cow warrior, except arrows don't inflict disease.
    spell like abilities: the cow sorcerer can use these spell-like abilities as a 6th level sorcerer.
    at will- detect magic, 2/day magic missle
    1/day shield, inflict mad cow disease
    special spell description: inflict mad cow disease
    instead of the dc being a set one, it is one of the cow sorcerer's effective caster level + cha modifier, but other effects the same as in the cow warrior description.
    Two headed naga cow
    Huge Magical Beast
    HD:6d12+10 (46 hp)
    init:-1
    AC: 20 (-2 size, +13 natural armor, -1 dex)
    attacks: longsword +6 melee, or horn +5 melee
    full attack: eight longsword attacks +7melee (1d8+6 or two horns +5 melee (1d6+5)
    face/reach: 10 feet by 10/10 feet
    special qualities: two-headed, mad cow disease, damage reduction 5/+1, aura of fear
    saves:fort +10, ref +4, will +7
    abilities: str 20 dex 8 con 16 int 14 wis 10 cha 10
    feats: multiattack (what did you think?) cleave, great cleave
    climate/terrain: any land
    organization: solitary or pair
    challenge rating: 6
    treasure: its +1 longswords
    advancement: does this really need one?
    Incredible, gruesome, fearless, to be feared, this beast has not one head but two, and not two hooves but eight upright. truly, it may be better to fear this beast.
    mad cow disease: same as cow warrior, inflicting through longsword .
    fear aura: any who fails a will save DC 18 will flee from sight of the naga cow when he does a dramatic action (running, charging, attacking, etc.)
    two-headed: as it has two heads to help control all the hoof/arms. Thus, it cannot be flanked.

Cow General
    Large Magical Beast
    HD: 5d12 + 6 (36 hp)
    Init: +4 (+4 improved initiative)
    AC 18 (-1 size, +9 natural armor)
    Attacks: +2 flaming longsword +10 melee, or horns +6 melee
    full attack: +2 flaming longsword + 13/8melee(1d8+8+1d6 fire damage), or horns +8 melee (1d6+6)
    special qualities: lesser delayed blast fireball damage reduction 5/+1, mad cow disease
    saves: fort +8, ref +2, will +4
    ability: str 22, dex 10, con 16,int 10, wis 8, cha 8
    skills:listen +5, spot +5, search +5, spellcraft +5
    climate:any land
    feats:alertness, improved initiative
    organization: solitary or troop (1 cow general plus 1-10 warriors plus 1-5 archers plus 1-7 spellcasters)
    CR: 5
    treasure: what it has
    advancement:
    With an unholy prescence around it, truly it is a cow demon. Flaming longsword in hand, and cows lying before him, it seems a powerful foe.
    combat
    lesser delayed blast fireball as fireball, except the cow general may cast it as a spell-like ability once per day as a 6th level sorcerer. However, the cow general may choose to delay it like a delayed blast fireball
    command aura (ex): A demonic aura surrounds it, and all cows (other than himself) gain a +1 to all attacks, rolls, and saves
    mad cow disease: same as cow warrior
    CONGRUENT!&&Whaddaya mean you didn\'t take Geometry...&&The pen is mightier than the sword...

20. - Top - End - #20

Vile Mime
    M abomination
    hd 6d6=28
    ac: 28=10+8+10
    int: 8
    abilities
    str 10
    dex 26 (8 )
    con 10
    Int 10
    wis 10
    cha 30 (10)
    attacks: slap+8, mimic
    damage: 1d4, see special
    full round, 4 slaps or mimic
    special: Mimic, mime wall, mime lasso, spell like abilities
    treasure: 50% coins
    organization: single
    allignment: always CE
    chalange rating: 6
    advancement by character class (sorrceror or bard)

a fiendish creature clad in monotone or bitone colors, either a metalic coated skin or patterns of black and white with the occasional blood stained cheeks, the vile mime is a fiendish mimic and deadly annoyance.

mimic: durring its round a mime can chose to mimic the previous actions of an enemy or ally, it's full round action becomes a mimic of its targets, gaining all the attack bonus's to the roll and damage as if it had the skills and weapons of the person it is mimicing. the 'weapons' it makes are of thin air and inviible, yet still deal damage as if they were solid. the first time the mime does this to attack an enemy they roll a sense motive to discern the actions if they fail they believe the mime is doing a harmless yet annoying trick and take sneak attack damage (3d6) in addition to the mimiced attack's damage. the mime can also mimic spells cast at it or around it and spell like abilities,

mime sheild: a vile mime adds its Cha bonus to ac in the form of an invisible wall it generates when attacked.

invisible wall: as a move action the mime can raise or lower an invisible indistructable wall, with a ruface area of max 10feet.

mime lasso: the mime can as an attack action attempt a graple from ranged distance (50 feet) this does not incur eth enormal AoO

spell like abilities: at will (mage armor, silent image), 5 times per day (deafness, ghoul touch, shadow casting, wall of ice, slow, haste, water walk), 3 times per day (impenitrable sphere, demensional anchor, color spray, imposing hand, air walk), once per day (dimension door, sleep, haste, control winds)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

can you create the demon prince Gijsstrider?
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

We've seen the funny; now for the macabre and gruesome, mwahahahaha........

Necroworm Swarm

Fine Undead (Cold, Swarm)
    HD: 10d12 (65 hp)
    Initiative: +8
    Speed: 50ft.
    Armor Class: 25 (Size +8, Dex +7), touch 25, flat-footed 18
    Base Attack/Grapple: +5/-
    Attack: Swarm (2d6 plus 1d6 cold and necrotic rot)
    Full Attack: Swarm (2d6 plus 1d6 cold and necrotic rot)
    Space/Reach: 10ft./0ft.
    Special Attacks: Bone fever, distraction
    Special Qualities: Icy bite, immunity to cold, scent, swarm traits, undead traits, vulnerability to fire
    Saves: Fort +6, Ref +13, Will +12
    Abilities: Str 1, Dex 25, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 10
    Skills: -
    Feats: -
    Environment: Any cold
    Organization: Solitary or scourge (2-4 swarms)
    Challenge Rating: TBD (please comment on this!)
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always neutral evil
    Advancement: -

The necroworms are hundreds upon hundreds of undead maggots that can strip the flesh off a living creature within seconds. Multiplying in numbers as they feed on living flesh, they are a scourge to everything that lives. A swarm deals 2d6 points of damage to any creature whose space it occupies at the end of its move.

Bone Fever (Su): Bone fever - swarm attack, Fortitude DC 15, incubation period 1d4 rounds, damage 1d4 Con and 1d6 cold damage. The save DC is Charisma-based.

If the creature takes Constitution damage from bone fever, it must make a second Fort save (DC 20) or 1 point of the Con damage is Con drain instead.

Unlike normal diseases, bone fever continues until the victim reaches Constitution 0 (and dies) or is cured as described below.

Bone fever is not really a disease, but the effect of several necroworms burrowing into the victim's body, literally devouring it from within and causing excruciating pain, as well as causing the creature to shiver uncontrollably due to the unberable cold. The creature's skin writhes constantly, as the multiplying necroworms inside of it munch away at its innards.

Casting remove disease on the afflicted creature automatically cures it of bone fever, though the creature is not cured of the Constitution loss.

An afflicted creature who dies of bone fever explodes in a gory mass as the necroworms inside of it burst free of its body, leaving behind a new necroworm swarm and the creature's gore-stained skeleton.

Distraction (Ex): Any living creature that begins its turn with a necroworm swarm in its space must succeed on a DC 15 Fortitude save or be nauseated for 1 round. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Icy bite (Su): The necroworms deal an extra 1d6 cold damage with their swarm attack, as if it were a frost weapon.

Swarm Traits: A swarm has no clear front or back and no discernable anatomy, so it is not subject to critical hits or flanking. As a swarm made up of Fine creatures, a necroworm swarm takes no damage from weapons at all.

Reducing a swarm to 0 hit points or fewer causes the swarm to break up, though damage taken until that point does not degrade its ability to attack or resist attack. Swarms are never staggered or reduced to a dying state by damage. Also, they cannot be tripped, grappled, or bull rushed, and they cannot grapple another.

A swarm is immune to any spell or effect that targets a specific number of creatures (including single-target spells such as disintegrate), with the exception of mind-affecting effects if the swarm has an intelligence score and a hive mind. A swarm takes a -10 penalty on saving throws against spells or effects that affect an area, such as many evocation spells or grenadelike weapons. If the area effect attack does not allow a saving throw, the swarm takes double damage instead.

A swarm rendered unconscious by means of subdual damage becomes disorganized and dispersed, and does not re-form until its hit points exceed its subdual damage. However, as a swarm composed of undead creatures, a necroworm swarm is immune to subdual damage.
    I didn't know zombies could be polymorphed........

Spoiler
    Show
    This is your resident undead coffee addict, Single Shot Zombie, speaking. And I am now resigned to being an undead mongrel for the rest of my (un)natural life........

(Zombie Dog done by urodivoi; Zombie Student done by Chris the Pontifex.)

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

I once ran a swarm of intelligent, half-fiend cockroaches. My party members were definitely creeped out. ^^ ... For a while. They were also horrified by the roaches' inane conversations, whenever they heard them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hi there. What\'cha looking down here for? ^^ The posts are above ... And the The Tome of Illsbane ...

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Ing

well you have to remember that just one alone is a Cr one, once they begin to breed like bunnys then the Cr for the encounter starts to inflate.

Yeah, the tribble struck me as a bit rough for its CR as well, and I'm not sure that the above-quoted statement works. According to the DMG challenge guidelines, any summoning spells or abilities are considered to be part of the original CR. Thus you don't give a party more experience if the Balor summons dretches, or if a Black Pudding splits into additional puddings.

That said, I'm not sure exactly what CR the thing ought to have. It's one of those &quot;extremely easy if you know the trick&quot; monsters. I shudder to think what would happen to a party that tried to fireball a room full of the things...
    "'To know, to do, and to keep silent.' Crowley had the first two down pat."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by TonberryKing
    let me see if I still have the Tonberry King monster sheet from my very original Final Fantasy campaign. I designed it as a last ditch affair if the PCs were monumentally stupid in their actions...
    Oh god, now I have to do something dumb just to see what this thing can do.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

26. - Top - End - #26
    Halfling in the Playground

I'll put the stats up later, but:

Undead Abyssal Dire Clown (yes that's the name)
    Medium everything icky

27. - Top - End - #27

I think that the first party to attempt a nuke on Tribbles deserves what they get. ;D
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

28. - Top - End - #28

Necroworm:
    Tiny Magical Beast
    Hit Dice: 1d10 HD (6 hp)
    Initiative: +3
    Speed: 20 ft. land (4 squares), 5 ft. burrow (1 square)
    Armor Class: 13 (+1 dexterity, +2 size modifier), 13 touch, 12 flat-footed
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+0
    Attack: +1 Bite 1d3-3
    Full Attack: +1 Bite 1d3-3
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./0 ft.
    Special Attacks: Attach
    Special Qualities: Reanimate, infest, telepathic bond, blindsight, magical beast traits
    Saves: Fort +0, Ref +5, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 5, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 7
    Skills: Climb -1, Jump -1, Knowledge (local) 3, Knowledge (arcana) 3, Listen 3, Move Silently 4, Sense Motive 2, Spot 2
    Feats: Lightning Reflexes
    Environment: Underground
    Organization: Solitary, pair, or cluster (2-6)
    CR: 1
    Squirming along the floor is a brightly colored purplish worm, covered in a thick coating of red and pink bits of a dead human. It’s six irridescent eyes gleam in the darkness, and it’s triangular maw fumbles about a bit of food.
    Necroworms are a bizarre magical beast of unknown origins. Some scholars believe they may have come from another plane of existance, though which is unknown. They are vile, and little known creatures, sharing traits with both ordinary parasites and predators.

Necroworm hives are the stuff of legends. Though theoretically possible, they have never been encountered by anyone whose word is worth something. Necroworms are encountered, if in numbers at all, in clusters.

Necroworms feed by consuming flesh and tissue. They generally leave their host to perform this task, though some more careful or paranoid necroworms may choose to remain inside the host, instead burrowing a way from the mouth through to where the brain used to be, consuming food in a manner which visually resembles the host eating it.
    Combat:
    A necroworm generally begins combat within the form of a humanoid zombie brought to life with it’s Reanimate ability. Once this host zombie is slain, the necroworm generally remains within the head until it believes all hostiles are gone, whereupon it will exit and find a new host.

If the necroworm is encountered outside of a host, it will attack wildly, attempting to make a grab maneuver on a foe. If this succeeeds, it will bite down until the target dies, then attempt to scurry into the brain. This process often takes a while, and a necroworm may die before completing it.

If encountered in a cluster, outside of a body, then necroworms will all proceed to attempt to attach themselves to one hostile. Once the hostile is dead, they will move on to the next, and one will reanimate the corpse and use it to attack the enemies.

Attach (Ex): If a necroworm hits with a bite attack, it uses it’s triangular to latch onto the opponent’s body. An attached necroworm is effectively grappling its prey. The necroworm loses its Dexterity bonus to AC and has an AC of 12, but holds on with great tenacity. Bite damage, as opposed to that of an unarmed strike, is dealt.

An attached necroworm can be struck with a weapon or grappled itself. To remove an attached necroworm through grappling, the opponent must achieve a pin against the necroworm.

Reanimate (Sp): The necroworm can bring it’s deceased host back to life as a zombie, as the spell animate dead. However, unlike the spell, the necroworm must remain in contact with the host for the duration of the effect. It can only animate one body at a time, and must abandon it’s current body in order to use the ability again. To use this ability, the necroworm must first burrow into the skull of it’s host.

If the necroworm has taken class levels which enable it to cast spells which create undead, the necroworm may cause the deceased to rise as an undead of any of the types it is able to create.

The necroworm’s host is considered to be in constant contact with the necroworm, and may receive instructions all the time. The necroworm is capable of speaking through the body, assuming it has yet to rot to that point. Otherwise, the body is an ordinary zombie.

Infest (Ex): Once it’s foe is dead, the necroworm may begin to burrow into it’s skull. This takes a full round action, and upon completion, it may use it’s Reanimate ability.

Telepathic Bond (Sp): The necroworm forms a permanent telepathic bond with both it’s mate and any members of it’s cluster. This ability can only be used on fellow necroworms and does not use experience. It can only be used after a long period of exposure and mutual comfort. A necroworm may form only seven such telepathic bonds. Bonds with other necroworms are considered a mutual loss of a bond. Bonds may be severed at any time.

A cluster is similar to, but distinct from, an pack of ordinary predators. Firstly, there is no alpha leader - the pack is unified though the general instincts of unity amongst them. Secondly, there is a very deep loyalty to other members of the pack.

Clusters reach a “critical mass”, so to speak, at seven members. At this point, bickering surely begins to break down the cluster and loyalty is surely suspect.

Magical Beast Traits: The necroworm lacks the darkvision and lowlight vision traits normally seen by magical beasts.

Necroworms as Characters:
    Necroworms are intelligent, so they are fully capable of taking class levels. This does not mean most do, but the occasional necroworm does so. Such necroworms are generally necromancers or rogues. Less common class choices are fighters, experts and wizards. If you own or use the Psionics book, then they may be psions or wilders.
    Necroworm characters have the following racial traits:
    - Tiny size
    - +4 Dexterity, -6 Strength, +4 Int, +2 Wis, -4 Cha
    - Base land speed of twenty feet, can burrow through dirt at a rate of five feet.
    - Special Attacks (see above): Attach
    - Special Qualities (see above): Infest, reanimate, telepathic bond, blindsight, magical beast traits
    - Languages: None - necroworms communicate via their telepathic bonds or not at all.
    - Favored Class: Wizard
    - Level Adjustment: +2
    Age of Avarice - A homebrew SF setting featuring neo-colonialist humans and primitive aliens (offsite hosting)

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by Illsbane
    I once ran a swarm of intelligent, half-fiend cockroaches. My party members were definitely creeped out. ^^ ... For a while. They were also horrified by the roaches' inane conversations, whenever they heard them.
    Out of curiosity, have you ever played the Exile/Avernum games? Giant Intelligent Friendly Cockroaches are straight out of the third one. :)

30. - Top - End - #30

i like to think its a good sign that my tribbles cause so much trouble. the problem is that if someone just goes and kills them, the CR above 1 wouuld be too high, but if someone messes up, or if one has allready spawned a good sized brood, then its too hard to be CR 1. perhaps we should state that if it becomes a breeder its CR inflates form 1 to 4?