New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default 3.5 Post your fun character concepts your DM probably would not let you play

While I have some far out there idea I want to know what some of you have come up with.

Some of mine:
    • A high Cha and High Bluff human with a thing for halhlings.
    • Nunu, a rogue kobold who partakes of pantie-raiding whenever in a new settlement, in the hopes of eventually using his "collection" as a sign of his fertility to get a mate. However, in all honesty he probably just gets a kick out of it...
    • Gaba, a gnoll male in "civilized" lands looking for work as a mercenary to find/afford better/magical equipment. He figured he could either avoid the abusive dominance of the females of his race, or eventually come back with enough gear to be a match for the bigger females. Also, he LOVES being able to eat humanoids, enemies or fallen allies, without having to deal with the "civilized" creatures getting nagry.
    • A female druid who's favorite alternate form is a deer, and has a daughter named Bambi.
    • A ratasha or catfolk named Mufasa.
    • A tibbet rogue named Top Cat.

So what do you holks have in storage?
    Last edited by Pika...; 2009-07-16 at 12:28 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 Post your fun character concepts your DM probably would not let you play

I have a Fennec Fox Generic Spellcaster who's based on a freeform RPing character I had once (sadly a lot of DMs don't like the idea of talking animal characters).
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 Post your fun character concepts your DM probably would not let you play

A wererat Ranger with a dire rat animal companion. The origin of lycanthropy, revealed!

A cleric of Tharizdun who uses DMM cheese on Bolts of Bedevilment, which are fired with great accuracy thanks to Zen Archery, and the bolts are launched with pelvic thrusts. Tharizdun says 'Screw the world!' Statistically, at least one of his followers has to be crazy enough to take him literally.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

My DMs are awesome, and would let me play any character idea I came up with.

That being said, they put strict limits on what mechanical options I'm allowed to use, so while the concepts are available, the means may not be.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

A Necro / Warforged who just wants to Fit-In and Wears the Skin of his enemies :P

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WeeFreeMen View Post
    A Necro / Warforged who just wants to Fit-In and Wears the Skin of his enemies :P
    That seems familiar for some reason.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

A lawful good Kobold Paladin, a paragon of concern for the oppressed, and one of the few of his species to attempt to begin diplomacy with gnomes, who has only one humble goal.

Brutally murder Garl Glittergold.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Pika... View Post
    That seems familiar for some reason.
    Its a dream of mine, and I think I asked how to build him on the forums, albeit idk which forum.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

ANY UNDEAD

haha, just one session and i would be content but my DM says that since undead are mindless that a character could exist in role-playing

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Introduce him to the Necropolitan template.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    A lawful good Kobold Paladin, a paragon of concern for the oppressed, and one of the few of his species to attempt to begin diplomacy with gnomes, who has only one humble goal.

Brutally murder Garl Glittergold.
    I LoLed so hard.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Siamese twins as a single gestalt character.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

A Velociraptor Warblade.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

I wanted to play a chicken. Or a hawk. Or a chicken hawk. Who was given intelligence by a crazy/bored druid/wizard. Who now actively worships said druid/wizard. By sacrificing other little creatures.

Pokedex #999: Roc Ness
    Avvie by Serpentine.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

A lawful Evil wizard who wants to unite the orcs for the purpoes of bringing order to the world by any means necessary. Also as a side note also is paranoid of trees just like Durkon and would then wage war on them.

Our DM won't allow anyone evil though.

Lastly a Bard who doesn't sing but instead does interpretive dance, or miming.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindleshank View Post
    ANY UNDEAD

haha, just one session and i would be content but my DM says that since undead are mindless that a character could exist in role-playing
    Show him the "Awaken Undead" spell. That's in multiple sources.

I AM the DM, so I can't really think of anything that is too far for me. One character I really want to play someday, though, is a cleric/warlock/factotum/something (not multiclass) who is trying to inspire the populace into an industrial / democratic revolution.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

A voluptuous half-orc bard, constantly seeking information on her father, her human father, to find out why he abandoned her mother.
    A human fighter/sorcerer, convinced her arcane powers are a sign of developing divinity, gathers followers in an attempt to usurp the position of the resident God of Slaughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Another couple, a tiny bit less fun, maybe, but...

A warforged found by a scholar and trained to be a general clerk, research assistant, and general study aid, who turns out to have a good deal of barbarian combat programming.

A human warlord who flunked out of every institute of higher learning from the fighter's guild to the priesthood despite acing the written sections of the final. He knows the theory by heart, but in practice...
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Another couple, a tiny bit less fun, maybe, but...
    A human warlord who flunked out of every institute of higher learning from the fighter's guild to the priesthood despite acing the written sections of the final. He knows the theory by heart, but in practice...
    Sounds like one Seńor Vorpal Kickass'o, only human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

So... a Monk?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

A LN Half-Giant Duskblade (Gestalt Factotum... I wish) named Ving who wants to bring honour back to Xendrik and forge the New Giant Empire.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

A warlock with Brimstone Blast, The Dead Walk, and a bag of holding stuffed full of chickens he got off the market. Disarm a trap and cook yourself a meal in one fell swoop!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground

Awakened Tyrannosaurus Barbarian.

"Oh, hi."

Spoiler
    Show
    DM: "Sunder the wall?! WT**** kind of tactics are these!?"
    Me: The kind that armies have been using for millennia.
    DM: They didn't do it with swords!
    Me: Which makes us so much cooler.

Player: Where are the babau in relation to everyone else?
    Me: They're right behind you. Vesil is covered in Loki's blood. That is their location in relation to you.
    Player: I was just wondering about a fireball.

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground

I wanted to play a commoner -- a junk dealer, in fact. He had a high charisma and a pair of trained dogs (which were the only way he could contribute in combat). The DM nixed it. No commoners.

So another of the players and I came up with the idea for a demon who had had his power siphoned off by the ancestor of the party wizard. The demon was absolute evil but was forced to follow the wizard's orders because the wizard was the only one with a clue to the secret of how to return the demon to its proper realm. The wizard was bound to the demon because the initial spell used a fraction of the lifeforce in his bloodline.

It's more detailed but that but I won't bore you with it. I stumbled through book and board to construct a creature with a level adjustment of 2 or less (restriction set by DM) that had all the features of what we tended to envision in a demon.

It ended up being (crunchwise) a Feral Half-Minotaur Raptoran, level 1 Bear Totem Barbarian. ECL 3. He had 34 strength, large size, and three natural attacks. The DM was not pleased.

obnoxious
    sig
    On DMPCs: "Remember, nothing will spice up your campaign quicker than long descriptions of NPC’s doing spectacular stuff while the players sit around and watch." -Shamus Young, DM of the Rings
    Divide By Zero: Irreverent Fool, you are my hero.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

a psuedodragon adventurer, with a backpack that can hold a few coins. he'd only take a tiny portion of the loot and spend it on funny things.

"can i get a tankard of ale good sir"

"AHH LITTLE DRAGON"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Epic-Spell View Post
    a psuedodragon adventurer, with a backpack that can hold a few coins. he'd only take a tiny portion of the loot and spend it on funny things.

"can i get a tankard of ale good sir"

"AHH LITTLE DRAGON"
    I've always wanted to play a Psuedodragon Bard who plays a tiny tiny leetle wincey mandolin and wears a mithril chain shirt.

Another one I've yet to be able to play is my Half-Ogre Were-Giant-Stag-Beetle...redunkulous STR and high natural armour but not a lot else aside from the cool facor!
    I apologise if I come across daft. I'm a bit like that. I also like a good argument, so please don't take offence if I'm somewhat...forthright.

Please be aware; when it comes to 5ed D&D, I own Core (1st printing) and SCAG only. All my opinions and rulings are based solely on those, unless otherwise stated. I reserve the right of ignorance of errata or any other source.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

A (good aligned) ranger with a tragic history and, as a direct result, species enemy: Halflings.
    YOUNG GOAT!

Get out of my mind
    My love for you is way out of line
    Better run, GOAT
    You're much to young, GOAT!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyAngel View Post
    Siamese twins as a single gestalt character.
    I am going to be playing in a gestalt campaign come September...and as of this instant, I will be playing Siamese twins in that campaign. One will be a wizard, who annoyed his brother to no end by making him sit through all of the terribly boring magic courses; the other, a factotum, who constantly read, juggled, and did anything to amuse himself to avoid being bored out of his skull.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGirl

In the game I'm DM'ing, I'm letting one of my players fulfill his dream of playing an awakened raptor. He will be a rogue/ranger combo. I am sure I will live to regret this decision, but the idea is just too awesome to say no.
    "Experience is a good thing. You should hit it." - Lathandar to his Paladin, in response to her prayers for advice on what to do about a Holy Liberator

"Strahd turns into mist." - DM
    "And I turn into a hepa filter." - Lumieras

Quote of the Week:
    "If you go down south, you'll hear of Arthur Bartholomew Bartholomew, a man who changed a town." - Foster
    "Into dust?" - Owen

Characters: Kalinda Gray, Lawful Good Thief

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by WeeFreeMen View Post