New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Strength (or a lack thereof)

I've run in to the situation where I'm incorporeal and have no Str score. (-) as opposed to 0. In my incorporeality, how do I actually carry my gear?
    "So Marbles, why do they call you Marbles?"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Strength (or a lack thereof)

With no strength score you are unable to exert any force, which means you would be unable to carry any equiptment that has mass without the aid of magic. You could manipulate incorporeal items, as they have no mass.
    "Sometimes, we’re heroes. Sometimes, we shoot other people right in the face for money."

-Shadowrun 4e, Runner's Companion

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

You don't ... it falls right through you, unless it's ghost touch.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Signmakerens View Post
    I've run in to the situation where I'm incorporeal and have no Str score. (-) as opposed to 0. In my incorporeality, how do I actually carry my gear?
    How did this come about? It depends. A ghost keeps his gear as does someone in ghostform but but weapons and armor are not (normally) usable. A psion uncarnate does not keep his gear while incorporeal (although it retains some benefits). If you shapechange to a will-o-wisp of a ghaele takes incorporeal form, the gear is taken into the form and is unusable.
    Last edited by HamsterOfTheGod; 2009-08-14 at 12:30 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    OotS Fan-fiction (An alternate OotS-verse starting after page 603. If you want to read it go here)

bad Erf-poetry

and other sillyness.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

If you've simply been turned incorporeal, it could have affected your gear, as well... effectively giving your gear a weight of "none", allowing your strength of -- to manipulate it.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

In cases where you are incorporeal because you are also ethereal, you actually retain your Strength score while on the Ethereal Plane. However, you cannot affect any objects on the Material Plane while ethereal.

If it's some other form of incorporeality, then hopefully the description of the effect will shed some light on your situation. Without a Strength score, you can't exert physical force to manipulate objects, so unless your method of becoming incorporeal contains a proviso for doing so, you're screwed. This is why ghosts get telekinesis as an at-will ability.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.