New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Default A quick question about Grafts

I know some Undead Grafts are in the Libris Mortis, but where are the rest found?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: A quick question about Grafts

Quote Originally Posted by VirOath View Post
    I know some Undead Grafts are in the Libris Mortis, but where are the rest found?
    All over the place. Magic of Eberron, Faiths of Eberron, Lords of Madness and Fiend Folio for sure.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

The ones from Eberron tend to combine really poorly with the older ones though ... and are generally pretty damn bad too.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

On the other hand Lords of Madness has a PrC based on grafts and things like a replacment heart that heals you or +5 AC chitin plates.

My perspective is skewed tho. LoM is the only non-core book i own.
    Last edited by Stormthorn; 2009-09-15 at 10:55 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

There are also a few in Races of the Dragon. I believe that the ones created in RotD and Eberron books have the little issue where, if you have one of those types of grafts, you are not allowed to get a different style of graft.

The older ones didn't have that restricted and, I think an FAQ clarified that they remain that way. So, you could have an undead graft, an illithid graft, and a silithar graft, but one elemental graft or one dragon graft, and you're stuck with only those for everty. Also, having to blow things like HP and other sacrifices for what little those grafts offer is kind of like the default rules for Weapons of Legacy: not worth the price alone, not worth it with the -2 to saves.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.