New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default [4e] Primal Power

So, I have Primal Power in front of me, and while quite a nice book overall, one thing just goes so far over the top its unbelievable. Surprisingly, this is the Shaman.

This is specifically the Keen Eagle Prestige class. Heres a few things I've typed up on IRC.
    [ 18:59 ] [+GralaminShieldheart] Eagle Summons the fire (11th level): You and your allies can choose creatures or squares adjacent to your spirit companion as the target of your ranged attacks and area attacks.

[ 19:00 ] [+GralaminShieldheart] Oh and you can have two spirit companions at once for a turn when you AP

[ 19:01 ] [+GralaminShieldheart] And at 16th, all your ranged 5 / 10 powers become ranged 20.

[ 19:02 ] [+GralaminShieldheart] Winged Spirit Strike. Standard, Ranged 10. Wisdom vs Reflex against one creature. Wisdom mod damage. UNTIL END OF YOUR NEXT TURN, ANY ALLY CAN SCORE A CRITICAL HIT AGAINST THE TARGET ON A ROLL OF 16-20.

[ 19:03 ] [+GralaminShieldheart] Oh and The daily also gives 18-20 Crit range for you and your allies against anything adjacent to your spirit companion for the encounter (Unless it disappears)
    Besides this craziness, any questions?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [4e] Primal Power

I'm really in the dark on this book, if my DDI account were still going I could just use the Character Builder to help me out...

Anyway, what are the new Barb/Druid/Warden/Shaman builds like?

Do Barbs have non-Two-handed weapon at-wills?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hide Armor expertise is still crazy?

Also, is targeted assault +2 vs targets marking you, or targets you have marked? That was a big one on WoTC boards.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm mostly curious about the Swarm Druid. What all can you tell about it?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Coplantor's Official Second-In-Command 2.0. It's alot like being Will Riker, but still with less alien women and also pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatars
    "Epic Abjurer" avatar by the astounding Fayt!
    "The-Fantastic-Protectimaton-MK-VIII" avatar by the wondrous KingGolem!
    "You-Know-You-Want-It" Paladin MD avatar by the mighty thelizard!
    "Eat-Steel-Vile-Flu" Paladin MD avatar by the sexier-than-I Dr. Bath!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asbestos View Post
    I'm really in the dark on this book, if my DDI account were still going I could just use the Character Builder to help me out...

Anyway, what are the new Barb/Druid/Warden/Shaman builds like?

Do Barbs have non-Two-handed weapon at-wills?
    Yes. Thunderborn Barbs have a non-two-handed at-will, and Whirling Barb have a two-weapon at-will.

Thunder Barbs control a bit. Whirling Barbs act like two-weapon rangers, but rarely make multiple attack rolls (Dealing damage like 1[W] + 1[W] (Off hand) + Strength , for instance).

Druids have Swarm Druid (Which pretends to be a swarm), and Summoning Druid, which isn't a build on its own but a set of dailies, with suggestions of integrating with the other Druid builds. Druid Summons have instinctive Effects: Stuff they do if you don't order them to do anything.

Shaman's have the Watcher / Eagle Shaman, which basically exists to make your group really good at sniping, and World Speaker Shaman, which acts more as a defender (It's OA at-will stops enemy movement!)

Warden's have Lifespirit Wardens, who pretend to be leaders (When you Second wind, an ally in 5 can HS and make a ST), and Stormheart Wardens which act more as controllers (When you second wind, slide each marked enemy by you and within 2 squares of you 1 square, and slow them until the end of your next turn).

The builds, overall look good and fun to play.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Xallace View Post
    I'm mostly curious about the Swarm Druid. What all can you tell about it?
    I'll give some more info on that in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    Hide Armor expertise is still crazy?

Also, is targeted assault +2 vs targets marking you, or targets you have marked? That was a big one on WoTC boards.
    Yes, and stuff you marked.
    Last edited by Gralamin; 2009-10-20 at 08:22 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Are you serious.

Wow, that's the most idiotic feat I've ever seen. Until it gets errata, our Warden (MC barbarian) takes that next level