New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Sentient teddy bear

I need the supposed stats for a mid level wizard turned teddy bear.

this just seems like an interesting mechanic to a campaign

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Sentient teddy bear

Well. i suppose you'd take a standard wizard of mid level, stat him up but ignore the physical ones. Then, give up, unless he's actually able to move on his own, 0 strength, dex, and con. He'd be an object. If he was a living being as a teddy bear, then mayhaps strength of like, 4, dex I'd say 10 plus a size mod for being likely rather small, what kinda con would you give stuffing?
    Sir Ouranos Helaine, The Silver Wing, Paladin of Bahamut
    By Blood And Honor, We Serve.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

probably --CON because it's like a fuzzy-wuzzy wittel construct
    Last edited by Eldrys; 2009-11-11 at 11:11 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Decide on what stats you want to give to a teddy bear. This would partly depend on how big of a teddy bear are we talking? how mobile is the teddy bear? Can it speak?........Once you have figured out the answers to these questions it's only a matter of adding several levels of Wizard to come up with what I sure will be an interesting character.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

5. - Top - End - #5

Why not just take the stats for the homunculus. Rip off the wings and up the intelligence.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/homunculus.htm

Remove or replace the poison attack and the fly speed.

S
    Logo by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Construct or MAYBE Living Construct for that real teddy-bear feel... NOT magical beast, outsider, or monsterous humanoid.

I would go Living Construct for game balance purposes... -6 STR, +6 DEX, -2 CON, Size Tiny, Speed 15, LA +1 since his ray attacks will basically be souped up by the small size and Dex, as will his AC. Low speed means he is going to be burning slots for Fly or riding a war-dog or something.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

for size i was thinking tiny or small (something a little girl would carry around)
    it would be able to talk and move and stuff.

naturally the physical stats would suck/ most likely a Str 4 or something so that he can carry around a spell book or get his companions to carry it. An Dex of 10 or so and an average Con. I was thinking a weak warforge or something

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crillitor View Post
    for size i was thinking tiny or small (something a little girl would carry around)
    it would be able to talk and move and stuff.

naturally the physical stats would suck/ most likely a Str 4 or something so that he can carry around a spell book or get his companions to carry it. An Dex of 10 or so and an average Con. I was thinking a weak warforge or something
    The idea of a little girl carrying around a mid-level wizard as a toy is absolutly terrifying. And cool.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

Makes me think of Bioshock. Except instead of a melee monster, it's a thing far more powerful...but much cuter.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

I love how instinctively terrifying it is. A cute teddy bear that animates is adorable. A cute teddy bear that can do magic? You know that that's got be evil. How could it be anything else? Teddy bears are all evil masterminds just lurking in disquise.

I would want it to have some sort of magical or special abilities, just for being a teddy bear.

What sort of racial abilities would they have?

What would a teddy bear look like if it was a fighter?

And what tricks would a teddy bear wizard use to take full advantage of their natural situation; namely being perceived by many as a natural and innocuous object in their environment? I can see some vicious enchanters coming out of this mix, but I think that a teddy bear evoker would be EVEN cooler.

11. - Top - End - #11

Definitely transmuter. Imagine your teddy bear sitting there...then get up, waddle fifteen feet to the left, and cast quickened Enlarge Person + Disintegrate! (Assuming Enlarge Person works on the teddy bear...hmm...there's got to be an Enlarge Object or Enlarge Construct or Enlarge Monster...yeah)

Or Bull's Strength + Enlarge Person/whatever + Tenser's Transformation... Hehehe...teddy bear.

EDIT: Or, for simplicity, just cast Polymorph Any Object, but that's not much fun because that doesn't make you get that much more dangerous as a teddy bear.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2009-11-12 at 01:05 AM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

I found this.

this applies to this sort of
    http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Eijilun...%28DnD_Race%29

13. - Top - End - #13

The Fire subtype is so random.
    Homebrew