New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground
    Default [3.5/Pathfinder]Advanced Player's Guide Playtest - Round 3: Alchemist and Inquisitor

It looks like pathfinder is trying to revive the ancient secrets of alchemy and put the suspicions away of the spanish inquisition.

Alchemist and Inuisitor

Any inital impressions? I won't have a chance till next monday to give them a real game test.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/Pathfinder]Advanced Player's Guide Playtest - Round 3: Alchemist and Inquisi

Downloaded for review. If I'll notice something interesting, I will post as soon as possible.

Thank you for pointing it out.
    Warning: my time zone and internet acces may lead to strange/late post answers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    The rogue isn't really using charisma in melee, the rogue is applying Ability Score #6 to his Type-One attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ken-do-nim View Post
    DMing is how you turn D&D from a game into a hobby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroon View Post
    Players can see a story where there isn't one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    For 4.0? I expect them to whine to the DM until he makes the big bad boogeyman go away.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground
    Default Re: [3.5/Pathfinder]Advanced Player's Guide Playtest - Round 3: Alchemist and Inquisi

Anyone had a look/test of these classes yet?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

The alchemist looks like a big bowl of "meh."

The Inquisitor looks alright. A few neat abilities, some spells.

Once again, they release one I like and one I do not.
    Last edited by Mongoose87; 2009-12-19 at 12:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Ring of Evasion means never playing a monk with monk levels again. There is just no reason to dip that stuff. I know we're all about using every part of the buffalo here, but can we just admit that it's inedible?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Alchemist looks very much like said bowl of "meh." Not bad, not good.

Inquisitor looks very fun on the other hand. I'll see if I can replace my paladin with it, and will let post on how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

I like the Achemists steam-tech flavor: he has alchemy bombs (pseudo magic powered), Dr. Jeckyl potion (increases stats), etc.
    He prepares potions (instead of spells)/day. He knows Bard spells/day in useage (up to 6th). Immunity to poison by 10th.
    The boms deal 1d6 every odd level like rogue (deal splash damage).
    The Dr. Jeckyl potion can be used infinite useage/day (but you get stat damaged).

At 1st, he can't heal others (except with wands/scrolls). By 4th, if you took infusion discovery others can drink his stuff.

Inquisitor has loads of options each battle: he gets better the longer the battle goes on. Like a Grey Guard they can go against dieties wishes if they need to. (although Clerics are rarely constrained but you never know)
    Cast like a Favored Soul but wisdom only.
    Gets a domain but no bonus spells.
    True Judgement seems weaker than Slayer since using True Judgement resets your Judgement powers to 1st round. Slayer makes it max.
    You can have three judgements up on same action by 16th level.
    The evasion ability can be used in meduim armor (which is rare since most ones say light or none).
    Bane as a swift action, total rds/day, but not consecutive rounds required
    Can change tactical feats as a standard action. Solo tactics is cool. Adds Wisdom to initiative (in addition to Dex).