New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [3.5] How would a female eunuch work? A new take on an amazon nation?

So as a curve ball to a mostly male group I am thinking of having a kingdom/major power be semi-Amazonian in nature, though more realistic (no ten foot women to compensate for lesser high body strength in combat). Part of this being princes and male harems needing eunuchs of their own.

So, how would this work exactly in a day without modern surgical technology?

ps. Any ideas or suggestions you might all suggest for such a nation consisting of females of various races?
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skami Pilno View Post
    The man who is dominated by fear of death is already dead.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: [3.5] How would a female eunuch work? A new take on an amazon nation?

Quote Originally Posted by Pika... View Post
    So as a curve ball to a mostly male group I am thinking of having a kingdom/major power be semi-Amazonian in nature, though more realistic (no ten foot women to compensate for lesser high body strength in combat). Part of this being princes and male harems needing eunuchs of their own.

So, how would this work exactly in a day without modern surgical technology?

ps. Any ideas or suggestions you might all suggest for such a nation consisting of females of various races?
    Chastity belt ?
    Last edited by Johel; 2010-01-20 at 03:58 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] How would a female eunuch work? A new take on an amazon nation?

Quote Originally Posted by Johel View Post
    Chastity belt ?
    Doubt they would be very effective.

Imagine the ranks he/they would put in Pick Locks. :/
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skami Pilno View Post
    The man who is dominated by fear of death is already dead.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Why do there need to be female eunuchs guarding/serving the male harem/princes? Wouldn't it make more sense just to use male eunuchs?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

...Magic?

I'm sure a "Strike Barren" spell would be simple enough. Probably Necromancy.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

They have a law for males entering the city having to wear belts of gender change (or how was it called) during their entire visit! (goes away without contributing..)
    Last edited by Sliver; 2010-01-20 at 03:40 PM.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Several modern day societies take part in an act that might be what you're looking for, but it's a topic I don't want to bring here, and I'm not sure if it falls under the board rules against posting political, religious, or sexual topics.

It's a rather terrible practice, in my opinion, but it doesn't necessarily require any advanced surgical practices. It most commonly occurs in certain parts of Asia and Africa.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Several modern day societies take part in an act that might be what you're looking for, but it's a topic I don't want to bring here, and I'm not sure if it falls under the board rules against posting political, religious, or sexual topics.

It's a rather terrible practice, in my opinion, but it doesn't necessarily require any advanced surgical practices. It most commonly occurs in certain parts of Asia and Africa.
    That... could work.

Sorta.

I have a feeling adding anything more would be a Bad Idea(tm)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Somebody that pisses off a Warlock is going to go down fast. But with a Warlock, death will be a mercy because the Warlock is a secondary controller, and en route to killing you he'll first cripple you, then blind you, then set you on fire, then steal your girlfriend.
    "There is no overkill, there is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'" - Howard Tayler

9. - Top - End - #9

Alternately, some kind of geas or soemthing similar to the Mark of Justice would do the trick.
    Take my love, take my land
    Take me where I cannot stand.
    I don't care, I'm still free,
    You can't take the sky from me.

Defender of

Don't make me trot out Smite Moron!

Thanks to Sneak for the Avatar.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki_Akuma View Post
    ...Magic?

I'm sure a "Strike Barren" spell would be simple enough. Probably Necromancy.
    Or, if you don't want to have a custom spell, have them do surgery, and use magic to fix the aftermath. Remember, only high level magic like regenerate actually replaces lost organs.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

11. - Top - End - #11
    Firbolg in the Playground

I believe there's a feat for this in BoED (Vow of Chastity), and one in BoEF (Chaste Life). And I know there's a prestige class in BoEF (Harem Protector), that both males and females can enter.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

For an Amazonian Nation, I offer you :
    The Lawful Evil + Proud Warrior Race + Girls Love + Warrior Poet :
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Amazon Nation consists exclusively of females. They worship a LE Goddess and consider themselves superior to the non-amazonian nations of their race. They also see all males as brutish, clumsy, yet sometimes attractive specimens that exist solely to be use for heavy labor, menial task, meatshield and reproduction. Basically, cattle with benefit...

Their society is very traditionalist, with a military mindset bend on domination but not on conquest. When they go to war, it is to crush their enemies and make sure said enemies don't become stronger than the Amazon Nation. They burn and kill, maybe ask for a tribute, but they don't conquer. Why would you set a garrison and bother to rule primitives when fear alone is enough to keep them in check ?

When they are at it, a good deal of plunder occurs, including the capture of men. However, it is not a priority, as very few men are actually needed for reproduction and the natural 50/50 birth occurence is more than enough to produce slaves. Enemy women, while respected, have no value except as temporary hostages, as they aren't from the Amazonian Nation and are supposed to be inferior anyway.

In peace time, they focus on creative tasks only, leaving the menial jobs for males. Arts, including Martial Arts and Arcane Arts, are very prized and a Amazon woman won't be respected if she doesn't master at least a few artistic discipline.

Since they see all men as inferior and a good deal of females as such too, one can expect lesbian relationship to skyrocket and even be encouraged ("love, pleasure and reproduction are 3 different things, my dear").

EDIT : +1 for the Geas idea.
    A STD might be more easy, though.
    "-See that Eunuch ? You don't want to pour your biscuit in her."
    Last edited by Johel; 2010-01-20 at 04:03 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Ugh.

The concept of Eunuch is one that doesn't translate all that well across the gender gap. The point of making a Eunuch to guard a harem was to ensure that A)You'd have a guard that was powerful enough to protect the harem and B)that you knew for a fact that any child produced in the harem was not fathered by the guard. (B) just doesn't transfer because even if the male harems were guarded by female guards, the female guards couldn't get the harem men 'pregnant'.

Essentially, 'eunuch' is the answer to the question: "How do I post guards for my wives/concubines and still know which kids are mine?" So before you bring a eunuch-like practice into your amazon culture, figure out what the question was that produced the 'female eunuch', cause it isn't the same one that produced the 'male eunuch'.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

14. - Top - End - #14

Who needs eunuches when you have Dread Guard?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grumman View Post
    Who needs eunuches when you have Dread Guard?
    Two words.
    Lich. Loved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post

The concept of Eunuch is one that doesn't translate all that well across the gender gap. The point of making a Eunuch to guard a harem was to ensure that A)You'd have a guard that was powerful enough to protect the harem and B)that you knew for a fact that any child produced in the harem was not fathered by the guard. (B) just doesn't transfer because even if the male harems were guarded by female guards, the female guards couldn't get the harem men 'pregnant'.
    Godskook's about nailed it with this, although trying to think like a harem-owning amazon Princess for a moment, I might object to female guards as there could still be 'hanky-panky' - stealing the, err, potency of my male breeding stock.

Male guards make more sense from this prospective... barring the chance for more hanky panky by guards who like that sort of thing, but eunuchry - is that even a word? - should do the trick nicely. To be absolutely sure, use males of a species that can't interbreed with amazon women (say dwarves), or better yet use undead, constructs, or outsiders without the appropraite plumming - plus tons of magical wards, of course.
    Last edited by Armoury99; 2010-01-20 at 04:26 PM.
    Coming Soon....

Orbis Terrarum RPG: Gritty heroism in a customisable world of secrets, daemons, and strange ecologies...The historical roleplaying game of a make-believe world. Meet us on Facebook, Google Plus, and coming soon to kickstarter!

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    Two words.
    Lich. Loved.
    Dread Guard are animated suits of armour, not undead. Even if they were undead, I'd assume that some kinds of undead are rather unsuitable for such things.

18. - Top - End - #18

Its too bad that its not even a particularly useful feat.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Eunuchs by definition are castrated men. You cannot have female eunuchs.

There is a similar procedure that robs women of sexual pleasure, if not making them incapable of having sex. But why do that to women when you could achieve the same result with male guards?
    Last edited by FoE; 2010-01-20 at 04:36 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post

That would not work. the reason that male eunuches are turned into eunuches is so that the eunuches give up the ability to father children. In Imperial China, this meant that the Emperor did not have to work about his servants plotting to over throw his dynasty and starting their own. Thus eliminating potential rivals. I think the reason for Harem guards is obvious.

With what you are thinking of, it is still possible to have children. It's just that the scarring from the procedure causes complications during birth resulting in problems for both mother and child (that area needs to be flexible. Scar tissue is unflexible and ridgid. newborn heads are squishy).

So in other words, you need something a little more drastic than that particular mutilation to make female eunuches. I'd go with magic myself.
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Cursed Orgasm(?) from Book of Erotic Fantasy. IIRC deals a shed load of d6's next time you have an orgasm, more than enough to kill an NPC. Make it an occupational requirement for all guards to have it cast on them.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Explosive Runes underpants.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    Same concept as mine, but yours is far more hilarious. Damn you
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Cursed Orgasm(?) from Book of Erotic Fantasy. IIRC deals a shed load of d6's next time you have an orgasm, more than enough to kill an NPC. Make it an occupational requirement for all guards to have it cast on them.
    The spell Impotency from the same book would probably work the best, it makes women completely frigid. Just have a wizard or another spellcaster inspect any guards as they go on duty to check that it's still on.
    Last edited by Poil; 2010-01-20 at 04:56 PM.
    Awesome avatar by RustMonster

Constipated Lizard Slayer

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Armoury99 View Post
    Male guards make more sense from this prospective... barring the chance for more hanky panky by guards who like that sort of thing, but eunuchry - is that even a word? - should do the trick nicely. To be absolutely sure, use males of a species that can't interbreed with amazon women (say dwarves), or better yet use undead, constructs, or outsiders without the appropraite plumming - plus tons of magical wards, of course.
    The problem with this is that in a female dominated society, you would not want ANY males at all to have combat experience, for the same reason that historical figures did not train female guards for their concubines. They a) wouldn't fit in with society and b) would be less effective than female guards, assuming that in this society females are the better fighters (which is why they are in charge).

A simple nonless-sadistic magic alternative would be to use temporary belts of reverse gender that can only be deactivated by the owner of the harem.
    Last edited by Bibliomancer; 2010-01-20 at 04:57 PM.
    In Dungeons and Dragons, racism is frowned upon, unless you're playing an elf. Then it's an interesting character trait.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Just a geas. sheez. simple as that.
    Each amazon harem guard have a clear mark of hands-off on their forehead.
    A special kind of geas that not only strikes the guard but the man-concubine too.
    Shrivel their happy-spots like crisp little raisins or something.
    can be healed.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

A contingency spell might work too. . . make the contingency "willinging involve in hanky panky with the harem" and poof you can have the guard explode. . . heck you could cast it on the harem members rather than the guards. . . nothing will keep a guards hands of the pretty boys like the knowledge that to do so would involve the recieving end of a targeted disintegrate spell. . .
    RAMS > RAI > RAW

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

All this talk of magic got me thinking... what's wrong with good ol' fashion threats of horrific, painful death? Pregnant guards die horribly. Concubines caught with guards die horribly. Guards who aren't pregnant but are caught with concubines should be punished with a slap on the wrist to reinforce the prevalent sexism. That's my advice.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Permanancied Blade Barrier? It does not do damage to the door it is blade-blocking, and thus feasibly could work? most likely not.
    Last edited by Brendan; 2010-01-20 at 05:34 PM.
    "Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down."

You know you're an epic wizard when you use a stilled silent extended quickened Gust of Wind spell to blow out the candles of your candle covered birthday cake.

Adventurers steal everything thats not nailed down. And what is. And the nails. After all, a bag full of nails can fetch a pretty penny. No doubt they'll weaponize it, too.

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    Ring of shocking grasp.

As a piercing.

I let you figure where'd you put it. ;)
    I don't make the crazy rules, I just twist them to my purpose

"...the Perilious Path of Crushing Doom"
    " Please, tell me it is actually filled with cute, fuzzy bunnies and they just named it that to be ironic."

Note to Self:
    If you ever happen to doubt the Giant again remember the "Ghost-martyrs of the Sapphire guard