New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Judge, Jury, and Executioner

Hey, bro. 'sup, Bro? How's it goin, bro?

Anyway, fellow bros and non-brotastic bros, I need a few quick tips on filling in a story I have.

I am running the Judge Dredd Roleplaying Game, essentially a sourcebook / campaign setting for Travller.

I require assitance in filling out the campaign.

The theme is that of the movie, not the much-better comics. It is full of one-liners, over-the-top action scenes, and a few cliches.

So, here's the basic setup and what I need help with.

1. the players - Judges - are assigned to a precinct in downtown Mega-City One. They each have their own minor subplots - tracking hackers, smuggling rings, etc.

2. ????

3. the Judges are drawn into the machinations of Armando Rojas, a powerful criminal. (How?)

4. the Judges get too close to Rojas and are framed. They are sent to prison on Titan. How?

5. the judges escape after their time on Titan, and head back to Mega-City One. They accost Armando and deliver one-liners.

Any suggestions on how to fill this out?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Judge, Jury, and Executioner

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom.exe View Post
    4. the Judges get too close to Rojas and are framed. They are sent to prison on Titan. How?
    Is this even possible? I'm not that familiar with the comics, but I was under the impression that such an attempt would simply backfire, doing nothing but drawing the Judges wrath upon the attempted framer.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grumman View Post
    Is this even possible? I'm not that familiar with the comics, but I was under the impression that such an attempt would simply backfire, doing nothing but drawing the Judges wrath upon the attempted framer.
    I believe, IIRC, that in the movie The Judge's identical twin stole his gun (which was coded to only fire when The Judge's DNA was used in it, or something like that) and killed somebody with it, causing them to trace it back to him.

Anyway, if one of your villains is a really, really, really good hacker...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Interesting. Any good ideas on how to introduce the players to the generic 80s villain?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

"I AM the Law!"

Best. Line. Ever.

Makes me want to play a LN paladin.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by faceroll View Post
    "I AM the Law!"

Best. Line. Ever.

Makes me want to play a LN paladin.
    Please.

Law Incarnate.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Law incarnate? Is that even a class? It should be.

8. - Top - End - #8

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by drengnikrafe View Post
    I believe, IIRC, that in the movie The Judge's identical twin stole his gun (which was coded to only fire when The Judge's DNA was used in it, or something like that) and killed somebody with it, causing them to trace it back to him.
    Apparently, the weapon re-sets whose DNA is linked to the ammunition when it is reloaded. The guy wasn't his twin, but aquired a gun which had been fired by the framee and was then lost. He never reloaded it before using it in the murders, so the framee's DNA was still linked to the bullets.

The weapon didn't require the prints of a specific shooter. The only requirement was that the shooter be a judge. The guy doing the framing had been a judge before being imprisoned for corruption or something.

GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Record
    Styx Rivermen, Feets Reloaded, and Selene's Seductive Strut
    Record: 42-17-13
    3-time Division Champ, Cup Champion

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Apparently, the weapon re-sets whose DNA is linked to the ammunition when it is reloaded. The guy wasn't his twin, but aquired a gun which had been fired by the framee and was then lost. He never reloaded it before using it in the murders, so the framee's DNA was still linked to the bullets.

The weapon didn't require the prints of a specific shooter. The only requirement was that the shooter be a judge. The guy doing the framing had been a judge before being imprisoned for corruption or something.
    No, in the movie it was indeed a clone of Judge Dredd with identical DNA; each bullet fired carried a DNA trace of the shooter and they used this to incriminate him.

WHY his identical-DNA-twin clone brother looked nothing like Dredd - different build, different face, different bone and muscle structure, different eyes, different hair - was never explained, because the movie was really, really dumb.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lapak View Post
    No, in the movie it was indeed a clone of Judge Dredd with identical DNA...
    I think it wasn't a clone, so much as it was a brother of scientific roots. They wanted to create the perfect Judge, and Dredd and that guy Assante played were the results.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.