New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground
    Default Need help finding a Beholder!

Hi guys,

I've been spending the last two days looking everywhere for a picture I found in one of the Dragon magazine art books, but I cna't seem to find it anywhere!
    The illustration is of a Dead Beholder that has been hollowed out to turn it into a sort of floating tank. There's no better way to describe it, I guess.

If anyone knows where I can find this pic or mabye even post it, I'd be really gratefull. I need it for a game I'm running, so help would be appreciated.

Thx!

EDIT: Because the Mods have voiced concerns about this Thread I must ask that no download links be given. I only need the Article number and would appreciate any help finding it.
    Last edited by Ashheart; 2010-02-19 at 08:42 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Need help finding a Beholder!

Its in the 2nd edition book Volo's Guide to waterdeep... Let me see if I can find it.

edit: Well my mistake the picture isn't very good but I remembered the description "The stuffed beholder is hollow, and conceals a hired wizard who can fire a wand of paralyzation out of its mouth to take customers by surprise."

Last edited by Splendor; 2010-02-11 at 09:17 PM.
    Always attack a man’s strengths, No one ever expects you to attack the strongest part of the fort. Up the middle that’s where the action is. And it’s the same in life. Don’t run away, attack them head on as their coming at you at full speed. Because that my friend is living.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

That picture is freaking creepy.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Thx Splendor!
    That's the article I'm looking for, but the picture I remember was newer. It had color and you could see inside the stuffed beholder.
    I remember finding it in the Art of Dragon Magazine book, by Paizo. {Scrubbed}
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-02-17 at 01:52 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

{Scrubbed}

There was also a Art of Dragon Magazine printed in 1988, I don't know which one this is.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-02-17 at 01:45 PM.
    Always attack a man’s strengths, No one ever expects you to attack the strongest part of the fort. Up the middle that’s where the action is. And it’s the same in life. Don’t run away, attack them head on as their coming at you at full speed. Because that my friend is living.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

{Scrubbed}

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

{Scrubbed}

8. - Top - End - #8

There's a PDF file with a similar picture. Shows Nebin sitting inside a hollowed-out and stiched-closed Beholder, using it as a vehicle. It's actually a magic item.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

That's the picture I think he's looking for.

Any clue where to find it online?
    Last edited by Splendor; 2010-02-14 at 07:52 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Man, you guys are life savers! That's the one I'm looking for!
    Any idea where I can find it? I know it's from a Dragon magazine but I just can't seem to find the right one...

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Ashheart View Post
    Man, you guys are life savers! That's the one I'm looking for!
    Any idea where I can find it? I know it's from a Dragon magazine but I just can't seem to find the right one...
    If my other computer were active, I would have the article number for you.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

I would really appreciate it if you could pm or post that article number when you're able. I'm using the thing in a game I'm hosting next week and my party would love the illustration!
    At this point I'm about ready to take an educated guess and just start plowing through all the Dragons I can find!
    Last edited by Ashheart; 2010-02-16 at 09:15 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff of Moddingham: Please confine your responses to where the information can be found legally - not through filesharing or other illegal download sites.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex