New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default [Exalted] A Drill is a Man's Romance!

Diamagnetic Supercollider Drill
    Cost: 2m [1m]
    Mins: Strength 4, Essence 2
    Type: Supplemental
    Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: Any Strength Augmentation

A massive orichalcum drill is installed in one of the Alchemical’s limbs, housed in a revolving shaft of magnetized steel, reinforced with bands of adamant. When activated, the augmented limb collapses and retracts as the drill bursts outward, driven by the centrifugal force of the supercollider. This Charm can enhance any unarmed attack made with the chosen limb, causing it to deal lethal damage and to gain the Piercing tag.

Submodules

Combined Arsenal Systems (2xp): This Charm may be used to enhance attacks made with any weapon or ammunition created by Alchemical Charms. When activated, the weapon transforms into a drill-based combat mode, integrating the Diamagnetic Supercollider Drill into its own structure in whatever way the Alchemical sees fit.

Integrated Drill Deployment (2xp): Multiple hatches installed across the Alchemical’s body can be retracted to extrude a massive array of drills. This Charm is no longer limited to only enhancing attacks made with the limb it is installed in.

Maximum Penetration Overcharger (4xp): Adamant saw-teeth line the grooves of the drill, grinding down anything that the orichalcum drill cannot pierce itself. For a surcharge of one mote, attacks enhanced by this Charm ignore Hardness.

Oscillating Excavation Press: When used to enhance an attack against an inanimate object, this Charm doubles the raw damage of the attack for a surcharge of one mote.

Relativistic Cyclotron Accelerator (Essence 4, 4xp): For a surcharge of one additional motes, attacks enhanced by this Charm ignore all soak from non-magical armor and any artifact armor with a rating less than the Alchemical's Essence. Armors created by Charms, spells, and other magical powers whose creator has a lower Essence rating may also be ignored.

Rotary Lance Cascade: A chamber filled with pressurized moonsilver allows the drill to expand to many times its original length. For a surcharge of one mote, hand-to-hand attacks enhanced by this Charm may be used to attack enemies up to (Strength x 3) yards away, and gain the Reach tag.

Trans-Motonic Essence Drill
    Cost: – (+1m) [1m]
    Mins: Strength 5, Essence 4
    Type: Permanent
    Keywords: Obvious, Shaping
    Duration: Permanent
    Prerequisite Charms: Diamagnetic Supercollider Drill

A battery of essence capacitors are mounted on the adamant rings of the Alchemical's Diamagnetic Supercollider Drill, discharging an ionized motonic plasma that reverses the polarity of essence flows, allowing the drill to pierce through magics. This Charm upgrades Diamagnetic Supercollider Drill. Whenever the Alchemical activates it, they may pay a surcharge of one mote to trigger total capacitor discharge, causing their drill to radiate unstable essence. If the attack deals any levels of damage to its target, any non-Permanent Charms, spells, or other magical powers that enhance the target's soak or Hardness are negated as a shaping effect, so long as the Essence rating of their creator is lower than the Alchemical's own.

Submodules

Charm Override Pulse (Essence 5): If a character whose Charms have been negated by the Trans-Motonic Essence Drill attempts to activate a canceled Charm later in the same scene, he must pay a surcharge of (Essence) motes, as a shaping effect.
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2010-02-23 at 07:54 PM.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [Exalted] A Drill is a Man's Romance!

Demented One! No! I-I killed you! They said you were dead! I put the anti-spiral into your DNA myself! But that means... NOOOOOOO!

Seriously, great charms. I finished watching Gurren Lagann a few weeks ago, and it's awesome to see these.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

I'm also contemplating something that will flare your anima into a holographic screen displaying your personal accomplishments, as a way to win over loyal mortals and frighten your enemies. Needs a catchy name. Who-The-Hell-Do-You-Think-I-Am Super Reactor is a bit too much of a mouthful.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes. YES.

I am SO working this into my application for the Alchemicals game you're running.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Through my limited knowledge of Exalted, I must say, this has made it more awesome. No doubt a great feat.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Demented One View Post
    I'm also contemplating something that will flare your anima into a holographic screen displaying your personal accomplishments, as a way to win over loyal mortals and frighten your enemies. Needs a catchy name. Who-The-Hell-Do-You-Think-I-Am Super Reactor is a bit too much of a mouthful.
    Outstanding Glory Banner? Radiant Honor Manifest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mattarias, King. View Post
    Through my limited knowledge of Exalted, I must say, this has made it more awesome. No doubt a great feat.
    The most basic thing you need to understand about Exalted: If it ISN'T made of awesome, it has absolutely no business existing anywhere in the game mechanics. (not that I know that much about Exalted).
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-02-23 at 07:33 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Which is why no one's allowed to talk about the akuma. What is an akuma? I do not even know.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    Which is why no one's allowed to talk about the akuma. What is an akuma? I do not even know.
    The what? Stop with your nonsense words.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

I have totally been thinking about how to make a gurren lagann-based PRC/Class for weeks now. And now you USE MY LINE! RAGE!
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    I have totally been thinking about how to make a gurren lagann-based PRC/Class for weeks now. And now you USE MY LINE! RAGE!
    He already reused mine.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krimm_Blackleaf View Post
    He already reused mine.
    I might just have to broaden it to hot-blooded heroes in general...
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Post Re: [Exalted] A Drill is a Man's Romance!

"To play a fighter is to play the game.
    To play a wizard is to understand the rules.
    To understand the rules, and play a fighter, is to understand the game."
    -Lycar
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

I can totally see this working in a normal game, or a more ... risque one.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by arti3 View Post
    I can totally see this working in a normal game, or a more ... risque one.
    This is Exalted. Every game is risque.