New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default 3.5 Expanded wish list

I dont want to overpower Wish only expand its list which is very short. My goals is to gain special abilities, special attacks and class abilities with Wish without being systembreaker. Are they gained by Wish or how many Wish necesary?

Completes:
    All wish cost 5000 xp.
    Wish affected to caster or a creature.

Granted ability(Prerequisites for gain ability and double caster level as much as a base class grant it; there is exceptions): description

Feat(Prerequisites): Grant a creature a feat if target has prerequisites for that feat. It costs one wish for nonepic or two in immediate succession for epic feats.
    Sneak Attack(Dex13): Grant a creature sneak attack 2d6 with same rules as in PH pg 50. Two to five wish spells cast in immediate succession can grant a creature additional 2d6 to sneak attack up to as a rogue (max: 10d6 with 5 wish in succesion). Wish doesnt grant additional sneak attack if target has more than a wish can grant him.
    Sudden strike(Dex13)/Skirmish(Dex13)/Eldritch blast(Any evil or any chaotic): Work as sneak attack.
    Uncanny dodge(Dex14): Grant a creature Uncanny dodge as described in PHB pg 26. Second casting provide Improved uncanny dodge(Dex16, Uncanny dodge) as a rogue with HD-4 of creature rounded down.
    Bardic Knowledge(Int13): Grant a creature Bardic Knowledge as a bard with HD of creature rounded down.
    Timeless body(17HD): Grant a creature Timeless body as a monk of 17th level.
    Trapfinding(Int13): Grant a creaure Trapfinding as a rogue.
    Energy resistance: Grant a creature enegy resistance 5 (against acid, cold, electricity, fire or sonic). Two to five wish spells cast in immediate succession can grant a creature additional +5 to energy resistance. Wish doesnt grant additional energy resistance if target has more than a wish can grant him. Wish doesnt grant additional energy resistance if target has more than a wish can grant him. Can it apply against positive or negative energy, backlash(epic spells)?
    Evasion(14)/Mettle(Con14 or Wis14): Grant a creature Evasion or Mettle as a rogue of 2nd level or as a hexblade of 3rd level. Second casting provide Improved evasion/mettle(Evasion/Mettle,Dex16/Con 16 or Wis16).

To do list:
    How many wish requied or is it capable to gain with Wish?
    Uncanny dodge
    Improved uncanny dodge
    Damage reduction
    Bardic knowledge
    Turn or rebuke undead/outsiders/fire creatures(domain granted)/etc
    Timeless body
    Evasion/Mettle
    Improved evasion/mettle
    Sneak attack/Sudden strike/Skirmish/Eldritch blast
    Trap sense/Spell sense: gain +1 to saves against trap or magic
    Energy resistance
    Invocations
    Trapfinding
    Others come there...
    Last edited by herbe; 2010-04-07 at 10:57 AM.
    I am willing and able to evaluate and critique homebrew material. PM me a link if you want an evaluation or a critique. If this applies to you too, put this in your sig.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: 3.5 Expanded wish list

The 5,000XP cost for wish is merely a minimum cost. To grant powerful abilities you could simply scale the xp cost depending on the level of the power granted.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Of course yes, all wish cost 5000 Xp(but it can be changed depend on special ability). In example if you would get sneak attack 4d6 caster have to cast 3 wishes(base2d6+1d6+1d6) each cost 5000 xp
    I am willing and able to evaluate and critique homebrew material. PM me a link if you want an evaluation or a critique. If this applies to you too, put this in your sig.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by herbe View Post
    Of course yes, all wish cost 5000 Xp(but it can be changed depend on special ability). In example if you would get sneak attack 4d6 caster have to cast 3 wishes(base2d6+1d6+1d6) each cost 5000 xp
    I think a basic 5,000xp wish is ok to get feats you qualify for currently, or for abilities granted by the first level of a class you qualify for. Abilities that improve over levels, like sneak attack, should require a wish for each improvement, each wish with a progressively increasing xp cost.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    I think a basic 5,000xp wish is ok to get feats you qualify for currently, or for abilities granted by the first level of a class you qualify for. Abilities that improve over levels, like sneak attack, should require a wish for each improvement, each wish with a progressively increasing xp cost.
    Feats: If you have prerequisites, you can wish it. It will go wrong if caster has acces epic feats... So it can be added to nonepic feats. If there wont be trouble around feats its going to go Completes

Abilities can be good
    What about if a wizard wish for damage reduction 1/- (Brb7) or trap sense +1(Brb3). i think they arent equal.
    Last edited by herbe; 2010-03-24 at 01:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Figure out xp costs for class skills at each level. So a class skill granted at level 7 will be a lot more expensive than one granted at level 3.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Im added some new stuff.