Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Batman Vs. Everyone

Discuss.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Batman Vs. Everyone

Well, I'd have to say that Batman would have some trouble with this one... ::)
    By the time their numbers had been reduced from 15 to 8, the other dwarves had begun to suspect Hungry.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Not if he had time to prepare.

I had a 50-page doctorate thesis that proves that if Batman had enough time to prepare, he could take on Superman, the Pope, and everyone else on the world at the same time blind-folded with all of his limbs tied behind his back. While on fire. In a coma. But I lost it. The theory, I mean, not my mind.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by King Steward
    Not if he had time to prepare.

I had a 50-page doctorate thesis that proves that if Batman had enough time to prepare, he could take on Superman, the Pope, and everyone else on the world at the same time blind-folded with all of his limbs tied behind his back. While on fire. In a coma. But I lost it. The theory, I mean, not my mind.
    You wrote a thesis on a comic charachter?
    Cekiatar

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by King Steward
    But I lost it. The theory, I mean, not my mind.
    I believe the phrase is, "O rly?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish
    I believe the phrase is, "O rly?"
    Followed by a "YA RLY!" and a subsequent "NO WAI!!"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Batman vs. Everyone? Batman wins. ::)

(Gaah! As the originator of the Batman vs. Superman thread I think I've created a monster!)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TinSoldier

(Gaah! As the originator of the Batman vs. Superman thread I think I've created a monster!)
    A large number of monsters, actually, and now youy are one
    Cekiatar

9. - Top - End - #9

Chimera

From what I hear, Batman wins against the sun, AFTER bring dropped into its fiery core, courtesy of his handy nifto-bat-sun-repellant.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

You see, Batman has the best super-power in existence: access to a near-infinite mass of wealth and resources without any strings attached. So, he could theoretically beat anyone with proper intelligence.
    Seth's Signature v2.2 Now with 33% less fat!
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
    Why do people read these things anyway?
    Why is it a penny for your thoughts, but you have to throw in your two cents? Somebody's making a penny here...
    AAA (Amazingly Awesome Avatar) by Bloddyredcommie

11. - Top - End - #11

Batman wins, provided he has a minimum of 5 minutes to plan.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by StudlyDuck
    Batman wins, provided he has a minimum of 5 minutes to plan.
    Give him an hour to do it properly
    Cekiatar

13. - Top - End - #13

Yep, Batman wins, provided there's enough time to plan.

...And now for a really scary thought, imagine the context in which this would ever actually happen, and whether we really mean literally everyone.

Finally, here's something that occurred to me just now--if you take Batman, but remove the strict moral code to which he adheres, you know what you get? Ozymandias. That's pretty frightening too...
    HUMANS....... ARE....... SUPERIORRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But she was naked! And all... articulate!!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Holy_Knight
    Yep, Batman wins, provided there's enough time to plan.

...And now for a really scary thought, imagine the context in which this would ever actually happen, and whether we really mean literally everyone.

Finally, here's something that occurred to me just now--if you take Batman, but remove the strict moral code to which he adheres, you know what you get? Ozymandias. That's pretty frightening too...
    Hmm if we truly had everyone, that would include Doom and Molecule Man. Doom would use everyone to stalemate batman, and then have Molecule Man Finish him off (after all in secret wars Molecule Man sees Doom as a leader and likes him)

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Holy_Knight
    Or something more along the lines of I, Joker Batman. A future Gotham ruled over by a god-king Batman, and his high priest, The Gordon, with annual ritual hunts of the supervillains, and anybody who takes down one of the "resurrected" rogues gallery earns the right to fight Batman to the death for a chance to become the new "god."
    By the time their numbers had been reduced from 15 to 8, the other dwarves had begun to suspect Hungry.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Hondo

Or something more along the lines of I, Joker Batman. A future Gotham ruled over by a god-king Batman, and his high priest, The Gordon, with annual ritual hunts of the supervillains, and anybody who takes down one of the "resurrected" rogues gallery earns the right to fight Batman to the death for a chance to become the new "god."
    Whoa... I hadn't heard about that until now, but that sounds like a really cool story!

17. - Top - End - #17

*nods* Gotta love Elseworlds. ;D

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

If everyone even included an identical clone of himself... the original copy of Batman would still win, such is the power of plot ::) Hey, we're not going to have a whole comic series dedicated to a clone are we?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Batman Vs. Everyone

I suppose if Batman were negatively weighed in the court of public opinion and declared public enemy number one, then it would make his job a lot harder.

There was an episode of B:TAS, "Trial" in which all his enemies got together and tried him in "court"--The Joker was the Judge, witnesses included The Mad Hatter and Poison Ivy, and the jury box was populated with other nutbarn worthies. Harvey Dent was the prosecutor. Batman's attorney, who was a local d.a. who had earlier publicly denounced The Dark Knight, found him not guilty of creating Gotham's criminals, saying they chose to be evil themselves. Needless to say this didn't go over well with the inmates, and Bats had to fight for his life to get out of there.

In another episode Batgirl is hurled over a rooftop while fighting the Scarecrow. She lands right on her father's windshield, becoming mortally wounded. Jim Gordon vows revenge over his daughter's dying, bloody body. Gordon realizes who Batman is and delivers inflammatory speeches on TV outing him. He enters Wayne Manor with the GPD and chases Batman into the Batcave. Batsie, Robin, and Nightwing narrowly escape are driven into hiding. The crooks Batman has busted over the years plan to sue Bruce Wayne for millions for ruining their lives. Everybody wants a piece of him for in effect corrupting and murdering an innocent girl. Gotham is howling for Bat-blood. Finally Gordon makes a ruinous deal with Bane to hunt Batman down and crush him. At the end we learn its a hallucination, but it really has her rattled. It's implied at the end either she tells her dad about her night life, or that he has actually known for some time.

There was also an issue of the comic based on the series about Batsie having to fight his way through Arkham Asylum after all the villains get loose and run wild. From what I hear they're sprung by a disgruntled Arkham employee....

Kim Possible's biggest fan!

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do. --Bob Dylan

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Haggis_McCrablice
    I suppose if Batman were negatively weighed in the court of public opinion and declared public enemy number one, then it would make his job a lot harder.

There was an episode of B:TAS, "Trial" in which all his enemies got together and tried him in "court"--The Joker was the Judge, witnesses included The Mad Hatter and Poison Ivy, and the jury box was populated with other nutbarn worthies. Harvey Dent was the prosecutor. Batman's attorney, who was a local d.a. who had earlier publicly denounced The Dark Knight, found him not guilty of creating Gotham's criminals, saying they chose to be evil themselves. Needless to say this didn't go over well with the inmates, and Bats had to fight for his life to get out of there.

In another episode Batgirl is hurled over a rooftop while fighting the Scarecrow. She lands right on her father's windshield, becoming mortally wounded. Jim Gordon vows revenge over his daughter's dying, bloody body. Gordon realizes who Batman is and delivers inflammatory speeches on TV outing him. He enters Wayne Manor with the GPD and chases Batman into the Batcave. Batsie, Robin, and Nightwing narrowly escape are driven into hiding. The crooks Batman has busted over the years plan to sue Bruce Wayne for millions for ruining their lives. Everybody wants a piece of him for in effect corrupting and murdering an innocent girl. Gotham is howling for Bat-blood. Finally Gordon makes a ruinous deal with Bane to hunt Batman down and crush him. At the end we learn its a hallucination, but it really has her rattled. It's implied at the end either she tells her dad about her night life, or that he has actually known for some time.
    Those were both great episodes! The whole series was great, of course, but those are particularly good examples.

Man, I miss that show...

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by TinSoldier

I feel your pain- as I recall, that thread was to stop a derail of mine, and I was responsible for >half its length.

Also: Is Batman fighting everyone all at once, or one at a time? Because I'd say one-on-one, with spoils going to the victor, Batman would eventually beat everyone. Assuming he didn't die of old age, of course, but Batman clearly just gets more badassed as he gets older.
    WAR IS PEACE&&FREEDOM IS SLAVERY&&IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH&&&&You know, Ingsoc isn\'t so bad when you\'re an Orc.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground

I gotta ask:

Where does Gotham get it's near endless supply of kryptonite? I mean seriously, there's so much of it on our planet (It's like Krypton exploded DIRECTLY at us somehow)

And a lot of it ends up in Gotham. Remember in Batman and Superman when, somehow, the Joker got ahold of a "Jade" dragon about 2 feet in length made of PURE KRYPTONITE.

Seriously, what the hell?
    "So...the orphan attacked you?
    "Aye"
    "And so you cut him down with your axe in self defense."
    "Aye..."
    "I don't believe you."
    "Damn...would ye believe that th' orphan was an alien?"
    "No"
    "Damn."

23. - Top - End - #23

Well, to be fair, during Knightfall, he fought a considerably smaller subset of everyone, one at a time (with the occasional group thrown in) and barely made it through that one before being broken. So, I'll have to give this one to Everyone.

Of course, even against an opponent with as high a challenge rating as Batman must have, once you divide the EXP amongst a few gazillion, it hardly seems worth it...

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemistmerlin
    I gotta ask:

Where does Gotham get it's near endless supply of kryptonite? I mean seriously, there's so much of it on our planet (It's like Krypton exploded DIRECTLY at us somehow)

And a lot of it ends up in Gotham. Remember in Batman and Superman when, somehow, the Joker got ahold of a "Jade" dragon about 2 feet in length made of PURE KRYPTONITE.

I don't know, in the comics I've seen it's been depicted as rare, with Batman only having a little bit for emergencies. It would make sense for Batman to devote a lot of resources to acquiring whatever kryptonite there was, however. This would both keep it out of the hands of villains who would want to use it against Superman, and ensure that Batman himself could use it against Superman if he needed to.

I can't comment on the kryptonite dragon, though.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

are we talking about the recent Joker appearance? If so, didn't he have Mxy's powers, which basically meant he could warp reality at will?

What I do find crazy is watching the newest issues of Superman- have you SEEN how much kryptonite there is there?? If the kryptonite was replaced with diamonds, he'd be like a trillionaire.

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by KayJay
    are we talking about the recent Joker appearance? If so, didn't he have Mxy's powers, which basically meant he could warp reality at will?

What I do find crazy is watching the newest issues of Superman- have you SEEN how much kryptonite there is there?? If the kryptonite was replaced with diamonds, he'd be like a trillionaire.

No no this was on Batman & Superman the TV show, not the comic. And Joker just stole this from an antique shop that happened to have it.

(Also, didn't kryptonite cause Luthor's cancer? How can batman carry it around on that belt right next to his...er...vitals and be ok?)

Kryptonite is very silly.
    "Aye"
    "Aye..."
    "I don't believe you."
    "No"
    "Damn."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Batman's belt has a lead-lined compartment, otherwise Superman would never bother talking to him. Also, he doesn't ALWAYS carry kryptonite with him, he has a vault to keep it in. He does carry it when he goes to Metropolis, we've been told.

28. - Top - End - #28

Batman's belt has a lead-lined compartment, otherwise Superman would never bother talking to him. Also, he doesn't ALWAYS carry kryptonite with him, he has a vault to keep it in. He does carry it when he goes to Metropolis, we've been told.
    Couldn't let me revel in the idea of "Haha, Bat-cancer"

I mean, it's not like it would stop him, he'd pull out his "Bat-cancer-remover" and he'd be fine (It's right next to the Bat Shark Repellent)

Still...dragon made of kryptonite...
    "Aye"
    "Aye..."
    "I don't believe you."
    "No"
    "Damn."

29. - Top - End - #29

Planetar

Oh man, this is one of the funniest threads ever!

By the way, King Steward, you didn't lose your thesis--I stole it and am getting it published under my name. ;)

TinSoldier, I'm not sure that you created a monster: I think you just created the conditions under which we could detect the monster. It was obviously already there. :D

Quick-Set: LOL on Bat-sun-repllent, which as wisely observed by Alchemistmerlin, he keep right next to the Bat-shark-repellant. Also, kudos on Bat-cancer! :D

Haggis, I saw both of these episodes too, and like Holy Knight loved them. I too miss the The New Batman/Superman Adventures. WB's newer "The Batman" just isn't even fractionally as good. :(

Yes, there was a Batman-Superman movie which launched The New Batman/Superman adventures in which Joker had a whole jade dragon made of green kryptonite rather than jade. If you think that's bad, you should see all the Kryptonite littering Smallville. I mean, as someone observed, the whole darned planet exploded directly onto a field in Kansas. :D

Actually the ironic goodness of rampant kryptonite is that Clark/Superman gets exposed to it so much that he's developed a tolerance to it. If the authors keep abusing it the way they have been lately, he will soon be immune! ;D
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

30. - Top - End - #30

If everyone even included an identical clone of himself... the original copy of Batman would still win, such is the power of plot ::) Hey, we're not going to have a whole comic series dedicated to a clone are we?

Noooooooooo of course not that would be ridiculous that would be stupid that would be....

actually that would be Spider-man

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemistmerlin
    I gotta ask:

explanation: WARNING PREPARE FOR TOTTAL BS

AHEM the spaceship that brought Kal-EL to earth, created a gravity vortex and hooked a good chunk of the exploded planet in its wake. caught in the ships gravitational feild the kryptonite metors followed the ship straight to its intended destination, Earth. hence yes, all krypton is on earth or around the area because it was sucked up and brought there by Superman's baby cruiser, (not to be confused with his mother ship babatum!). and that of course is what we call irony.