New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Favourite Clan? [V:TM]

I am going to be playing in a Vampire: The Masquerade game soon, unfortunately I can't say what clan I'm playing as for undisclosed reasons, but I wanted to know what your opinions were of the clans? More specifically, your favourite clan, as per the title
    Credit to Bradakhan for the amazing avatar.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Favourite Clan? [V:TM]

Wow, that brings back memories.

I usually played a Gangrel. I like their "Vampire Hippie" fluff, the fact that they were wanderers instead of just staying in the same city for decades on end, and their interesting racial flaw of gaining animal features over time.

Also enjoyed their disciplines. Protean is overrated (everyone thinks turning into a bat is much cooler than it is), but Animalism freaking rocks.
    How to Play Rogues Properly:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like this:

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Malkavian, when in doubt plug into a hyperconciousness from prehistory which knows everything and the only thing you've got to give up is every last shred of your sanity?????!!>>!??!?! Sign me up Captain Soldier Fish Finger to the Lococomotovotoive of.... say, have you had a haircut?
    Give them bread and circusses and the plebs wont rise against you. Give adventurers dungeons and trapped chests and they won't waste time looking to ransack your home and kill your wife.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by mostlyharmful View Post
    Malkavian, when in doubt plug into a hyperconciousness from prehistory which knows everything and the only thing you've got to give up is every last shred of your sanity?????!!>>!??!?! Sign me up Captain Soldier Fish Finger to the Lococomotovotoive of.... say, have you had a haircut?
    Yes, if I wasn't playing... What I am playing, then I would be going Malkavian, either a fourth-wall breaker, nihilist, or a catatonic guy rocking on his heels.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Toreador, of course.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Graek Wolf-Fang View Post
    Yes, if I wasn't playing... What I am playing, then I would be going Malkavian, either a fourth-wall breaker, nihilist, or a catatonic guy rocking on his heels.
    Why either? Why not both? or all sixteen? With ORANGES!!!
    Give them bread and circusses and the plebs wont rise against you. Give adventurers dungeons and trapped chests and they won't waste time looking to ransack your home and kill your wife.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

I like Malkavians, but prefer the sheer volume of insanity to be toned down. It's more amusing when they can actually fool other people into believing that they're sane.

8. - Top - End - #8

I think my favourite form of Malkavian insanity is the nonsensical giggler that occasionally comes out with the most insightful, prophetic wisdom you could think of.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

I enjoy Malks, but only when I want to play "scary insane" instead of "silly insane". The books themselves warned about making them too goofy. One said that the average Malk is much more likely to be carrying around a bloody razor blade than a fluffy teddy bear.

I say split the difference: carry a fluffy teddy bear with a razor hidden inside.

Nosferatu are also fun.
    How to Play Rogues Properly:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like this:

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

I have only played one session of V:TM; but I really liked the Assamites; but LaSombra and Raknos seemed great though (would have played one of them if the group was entirely composed on members of the Caramilla)
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

11. - Top - End - #11
    Firbolg in the Playground

I actually have the Toreador clan symbol as a pin I usually wear on my jacket lapels. Really funny when people actually recognize it for what it is, rather than just a black rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus
    I like Malkavians, but prefer the sheer volume of insanity to be toned down. It's more amusing when they can actually fool other people into believing that they're sane.
    Even better when they save the whole group and then you get to report to the Prince and explain how the guy that is in the corner having a heated debate with the fire extinguisher saved everyone's undead backside

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    I actually have the Toreador clan symbol as a pin I usually wear on my jacket lapels. Really funny when people actually recognize it for what it is, rather than just a black rose.
    Do they start running?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lasombra, pretentiousness and creepy shadow powers ftw!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Please remind me what was the "drawback" of the Lasombra? where they the ones who didn't cast reflection... or they were burn even in moonlight?
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    I enjoy Malks, but only when I want to play "scary insane" instead of "silly insane". The books themselves warned about making them too goofy. One said that the average Malk is much more likely to be carrying around a bloody razor blade than a fluffy teddy bear.

I say split the difference: carry a fluffy teddy bear with a razor hidden inside.

Nosferatu are also fun.
    Indeed. A reasonable model for a Malk to follow is Heath Ledger's Joker: clearly insane, but equally clearly malevolent.

16. - Top - End - #16

Tsciemisce (is this how it is spelled ?) and this ilusionist-gipsy guys.

On the mainclans i really like Gangrel and Ventrue
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoryu View Post
    I swear, about 50% of what makes BW awesome is the little stuff like that that's applicable to just about any system.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Banned

The Banu Haqim, or Assamites.
    Neither as great hypocrites as the Camarillas, nor as "look, we're soooo evil" as the Sabbat.

18. - Top - End - #18

Here's a list of your options. I'm fond of Ravnos, because open ended use of Chimerstry is just so darn fun. Choose Perjury as your "compulsive crime" Weakness, because if you ever have to testify in a court hearing you know that you have to lie anyway.

19. - Top - End - #19

My first and most successful character was a Ventrue. I was a fracking manipultaive bastard who had all the other players in my hands with Domination and Presence: they hated me, but my roleplay was ineccepible. I even managed to place one of them, a Brujah, under a Blood Bond (badly played by him - the Storyteller allowed him to do things completely awful, so I had to cut the bond).
    I had become the right arm of Capone, and I would have rised even more in power hadn't us interrupted the campaign...

Were I to play again, I'd pick Nosferatu and put LOTS of points in Backgrounds, such as Allies and Contacts: in V:TM he who knows, wins.
    Last edited by Cicciograna; 2010-06-02 at 03:00 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cicciograna View Post
    Were I to play again, I'd pick Nosferatu and put LOTS of points in Backgrounds, such as Allies and Contacts: in V:TM he who knows, wins.
    Hence the bitchin' pluggin into a dead god of omniscience thingie.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

I am a major, major fan of the Setites and in particular their Aztec bloodline, the Tlacique. Obfuscate, Presence, Protean: the whole package. Assamites are also cool if you use their blood magic stuff, and Tremere are gamebreakingly hilarious.

That said, I am at heart a Ventrue.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post

Nosferatu are also fun.
    Exactly! I love me some malkies, but I was told to stop playing them. Something about disturbing them too much.

Nosferatu is my common second, I love playing with the power to summon rats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Please remind me what was the "drawback" of the Lasombra? where they the ones who didn't cast reflection... or they were burn even in moonlight?
    Lasombra cannot cast a reflection, which I find a nice little piece of fluff to freak out a victim with.

24. - Top - End - #24

NecromancerGuy

This really depends on whether or talking about old WoD or new WoD?

Personally, in the old WoD system my favorite clan was the Old World Tzimisce. As a close second, I normally would play Gangrel. I really liked the whole feral vampire concept.

In the new WoD system, I still like the idea of playing Gangrel, but would really like to play an Architect of the Monolith at some point.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

OLD!!!!! TEXT TEXT TEXT

26. - Top - End - #26

[off topic]Does anyone know if they're going to make another video game any time soon? Bloodlines was freaking awesome.[/off topic]

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

BAALI. A clan so evil, so heinously (juvenile) over the top in debauchery and wickedness, it scared the Tzimisce and had all the clans unite just to wipe them out in the Dark Ages. But who says they won't make a comeback?

But if unbridled sin isn't your thing, either Nosferatu or Tzimisce. I'm a sucker for the old world Tzimisce, and their flesh-sculpting is creepy as Hell. But Nosferatu has always been my first love. Hell, one of the things that sucked me into nWoD was that the clan got promoted from 'mutant-sewer lord-spy master' vampires to 'lords of human fear'.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Person_Man View Post
    [off topic]Does anyone know if they're going to make another video game any time soon? Bloodlines was freaking awesome.[/off topic]
    The makers of EVE Online are making a World of Darkness MMORPG.

EVE Online is a one-server MMORPG where everyone stays in character and level grinding doesn't exist. Here's a link to their TV Tropes page. It's an interesting read.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EveOnline

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Brujah. Screw yer politics, I'm gonna go beat up a Lupine with a street lamp. Then I'm gonna headbutt a Ventrue, call the Prince a fascist, and go to sleep in someone else's Haven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Clan Wolf is much cooler than clan Jade Falcon…. Oh wait wrong clans.