New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [L5R 4e]Thoughts?

Anyone snagged the book yet? A couple of my friends have grabbed it, but I haven't had a chance to sit down and read through it?

I'm waiting for the current Campaign to end since its Phoenix and Scorpion only... And I prefer my Lion.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Default Re: [L5R 4e]Thoughts?

High-traffic website, and the book released just a little while ago?

Give it a little time and ask again.
    1. Have fun. It's only a game.
    2. The GM has the final say. Everyone else is just a guest.
    3. The game is for the players. A proper host entertains one's guests.
    4. Everyone is allowed an opinion. Some games are not as cool as they seem.

3. - Top - End - #3

Played The card game a bit when I was younger and have been meaning to get into the rpg for awhile now. Can some of you pros lemme know if this is a solid update to the game and a good edition to get into it with? Thanks : )
    Gary Gygax: "As an author, I also realize that there are limits to my creativity and imagination. Others will think of things I didn't, and devise things beyond my capabilities".

Also Gary Gygax: "The AD&D game system does not allow the injection of extraneous material. That is clearly stated in the rule books. It is thus a simple matter: Either one plays the AD&D game, or one plays something else."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I haven't played since first edition so I can't give you rule specifics (on the other hand these might) but I did look through a copy of the new book at my friendly local game store today (they only had two left) and I can tell tell you that it is gorgeous.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

I haven't had a chance to look over the 4e rules for L5R yet, I will once my roommate gets his copy of it so we can try it out. Did they make any major rule changes or just advance the story further?

6. - Top - End - #6

Any updates yet? : )
    Gary Gygax: "As an author, I also realize that there are limits to my creativity and imagination. Others will think of things I didn't, and devise things beyond my capabilities".

Also Gary Gygax: "The AD&D game system does not allow the injection of extraneous material. That is clearly stated in the rule books. It is thus a simple matter: Either one plays the AD&D game, or one plays something else."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by EvilElf View Post
    I haven't had a chance to look over the 4e rules for L5R yet, I will once my roommate gets his copy of it so we can try it out. Did they make any major rule changes or just advance the story further?
    They've made the game "timeline neutral" so they did the opposite of advancing the story further.