New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default [3.5] Warlock with Epic Spellcasting?

Before I forget, thanks for the suggestions in the earlier thread I've started. It provided some help and someone in our group got creative with my Miracle spell and managed to stick a permanent dimensional anchor on those custom antimagic things the DM kept sending at us, practically giving us a portable, easily controllable AMF without any potential outsider heartaches.

Back on topic, I remember reading on the net about some trick that lets warlock qualify for epic spellcasting somewhere on the net. It's gone now and i forgot the details. I'm wondering if:

a.) Is that trick really true?
    b.) If the above is true then can it be done by RAW, since we tend to use that even if the results can be a bit silly.
    c.) What was the trick? If it did exist that is.

Sorry if I made too many mistakes in grammar. English is not my native language.
    Remembering the melancholy of human existence, even ghosts stray from the path of righteousness.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: [3.5] Warlock with Epic Spellcasting?

I don't see how - Warlocks specifically cannot qualify for anything that requires them to be able to "cast X level Y spells" (where X is a number 1-9, and Y is either arcane or divine) because they can't do that - and the Epic Spellcasting feat does have that requirement.

Warlocks do get Epic Invocations... but while interesting, they are significantly less powerful than Epic Spells (or even 9th-level spells in some cases.)

EDIT: And your English is fine
    Last edited by Optimystik; 2010-07-05 at 10:02 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Maybe not a pure Warlock at any rate. Although it should be possible with Ur-Priest/Eldritch Disciple or Sublime Chord/Eldritch Theurge combo.
    ESPRE Super Powers Roleplay Engine: An open game RPG about super powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!
    Emerald Legion A Mind Flayer's guide to breeding Ikea Tarrasques
    The Blob Ikea Tarrasques Redux through Fusion+Astral Seed
    Spellblade Tennis Throw out nigh infinite spells per round
    Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy Nigh infinite melee damage exploit

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Even so, that wouldn't be the Warlock qualifying. That would be the other caster in the combination qualifying, and managing to bring some Warlock abilities along for the ride.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

HalflingPirate

You can get 9th level arcane casting with 11 feats. Two more gets you a sweet 9th level spell like Miracle. You might need to Chaos Shuffle to get enough feats pre-epic. But that would allow you to take Epic Spellcasting.

Actually if you are starting out with a Warlock, you might be able to get by with fewer feats.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Nosomatic Chirurgeon PrC from Dragonmarked. A single level progresses casting and lets you convert SLAs into Inflict spells. Heightened (+1) Inflict Mass Critical Wounds is a 9th level spell. The prereqs are annoying, but you can qualify as a straight warlock.
    Rogue Handbook | Warmage Rebuild | Diablo's Assassin | Revised Classes
    Potpourri Creation Contest II Winner: Desert Martial Adept Substitution Levels
    Potpourri Creation Contest III Best Characterization: Edward the Sly's Lucky Spells
    Prestige Class Contest XXI Submission: Child of the Seelie Court