New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIII - "1 Plot, 2 Plot, Dead Plot, New P

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    How dare you not include mine own self in your list? I AM NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH ALREADY?!

Let me tell you something! I was single-handedly responsible for not only creating a whole new plot (and indirectly, another one) but I goddamned ENDED Fat Fish Fury!!!

I am more important than Lyinginbedmon, Kpenguin and Threeshades COMBINED!!!11!! My importance is so GREAT that it is actually my influence that came to create Fat Fish Fury in the first place (I was there, I tell you! YOU SHALL NOT DENY MY GREATNESS!)!!!. You should be ASHAMED that you haven't included my great self as the centrepiece of your image, nay, your every comic!!! I control ABR, damn it! I! AM! ABR!!!!!

That ABR Corps idea sounds good. Count me in.
    The Great Mad Mask?! I was just too nervous to ask someone of such greatness as you! Welcome aboard!

Alright! Got 4 dudes now! Just need three more if we want to have one person for every colour of the emotional spectrum. One more if we want a black lantern.

Not that we need one person for every colour of the emotional spectrum. It would just be AWESOME-looking.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2010-09-08 at 05:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIII - "1 Plot, 2 Plot, Dead Plot, New P

How dare you not include mine own self in your list? I AM NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH ALREADY?!

Let me tell you something! I was single-handedly responsible for not only creating a whole new plot (and indirectly, another one) but I goddamned ENDED Fat Fish Fury!!!

I am more important than Lyinginbedmon, Kpenguin and Threeshades COMBINED!!!11!! My importance is so GREAT that it is actually my influence that came to create Fat Fish Fury in the first place (I was there, I tell you! YOU SHALL NOT DENY MY GREATNESS!)!!!. You should be ASHAMED that you haven't included my great self as the centrepiece of your image, nay, your every comic!!! I control ABR, damn it! I! AM! ABR!!!!!
    Post intended for humouristic purposes only. Does not represent the official opinion of Mad Mask or any affiliated party.

I met a traveller from an antique site
    Who said: Two vast and trunkless plots of art
    Stand in the forum... Near them, on the internet,
    Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
    And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
    Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
    Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
    The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed:
    And on the post these words appear:
    "My name is Mad Mask, ABRer of ABRers:
    Look on my art ye mighty and despair!"
    Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
    Of that colossal thread, boundless and bare
    The lone and level forums stretch far away.
    -- Percy Bysshe Shelley (Adapted by Bloddy Red Commie)
    Last edited by BRC; 2010-09-08 at 05:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

3. - Top - End - #723
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Green-Shirt Q View Post
    The Great Mad Mask?! I was just too nervous to ask someone of such greatness as you! Welcome aboard!

Alright! Got 4 dudes now! Just need three more if we want to have one person for every colour of the emotional spectrum. One more if we want a black lantern.

Not that we need one person for every colour of the emotional spectrum. It would just be AWESOME-looking.
    I wanna be a color :O

You need a guy with wings. You just do.
    ____

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ogre in the Playground

I claim the colour orange, due to it representing myself very well. Red is also to my liking, but I am not truly the embodiment of rage.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Colossus in the Playground

I goddamned ENDED Fat Fish Fury!!!
    Yeeeaah, and look how well that ended. They frickin' rebooted it.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

? whaddaryouall talkinabout and whats this black lantern thingamajigger? I'ma interested now doggurnit.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #727
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post

Fair enough. I just hope your template isn't as hard to draw as usual.

Now we have 5 dudes! Just two more for the complete collection!
    I claim the colour orange, due to it representing myself very well. Red is also to my liking, but I am not truly the embodiment of rage.
    Great. We got our greedy Agent Orange to add to our party.
    AS LONG AS I'M RED!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    Yeeeaah, and look how well that ended. They frickin' rebooted it.
    Is that a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    ? whaddaryouall talkinabout and whats this black lantern thingamajigger? I'ma interested now doggurnit.
    Black Lanterns are evil zombies brought back to life with black rings. But they're smart. And have their superpowers.

On a different note, guess what I'm using to respond!
    ...My Wii! :D
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2010-09-08 at 06:14 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #728
    Troll in the Playground

What do the colors represent?
    ____

9. - Top - End - #729

Is that a problem?
    FI's been hyped for over a year now, everyone's on the edge of their seats waiting for FFF to be finished so we can get on with the GRIMDARK of FI...then...suddenly...FFF's all "Can't lecha do that ABR!" and it becomes FFFR and everyone's all :D

10. - Top - End - #730
    Troll in the Playground

What do the colors represent?
    Red- Rage
    Orange- Avarice (greed)
    Yellow- Fear
    Green- Willpower
    Blue- Hope
    Indigo- Compassion
    Star Sapphire- Love

Black- Death
    White -Life
    Those two are optional and special.
    FI's been hyped for over a year now, everyone's on the edge of their seats waiting for FFF to be finished so we can get on with the GRIMDARK of FI...then...suddenly...FFF's all "Can't lecha do that ABR!" and it becomes FFFR and everyone's all :D
    There's nothing stopping YOU from just not joining FFFR and just making FI comics.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2010-09-08 at 07:58 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #731
    Troll in the Playground

I'll be Indigo.
    ____

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

Post intended for humouristic purposes only. Does not represent the official opinion of Mad Mask or any affiliated party.

That reminds me. I really dig your older Oots art style, much more then the style you are currently using. I used to really enjoy looking at the pretty illustrations.
    Just my two cents or whatever.

@Q: Can my colour be black? It's just when I think of "fear", yellow isn't really a colour that pops into my mind.
    And you know, Nameless is Death, and people fear Death... And he wears black robes... And stuff...
    Last edited by Nameless; 2010-09-08 at 07:03 PM.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    @Q: Can my colour be black? It's just when I think of "fear", yellow isn't really a colour that pops into my mind.
    And you know, Nameless is Death, and people fear Death... And he wears black robes... And stuff...
    I know people fear death, that's why I picked yout for yellow In the original group shot picture. It was either you or Rand, and I couldn't think of any other category that fit you.

Plus, yellow was the colour of cheese, your trademark, if I recal correctly.

As for the colour swap... I don't know. I mean, I don't see any reason why not except that I'm basing this story on the Green Lantern stories, but I have said before that we could change things. Though I DO want this to be colourful, and black isn't that colourful. Besides, black is death (a.k.a. evil zombies).

I also don't want to say “no” because...this is a group story and I don't want to say what we can and can't do...
    I don't know...

If it changes your mind, you wouldn't be wearing yellow all the time if you don't want. Just the yellow symbol in your clothing, and all around you just when you're using your powers, to show when you are. And not even wearing yellow. Just glowing yellow and making yellow contructs. Like cheese.

If that doesn't sound good, we can change it so fear is black and yellow is a different emotion. We could have a team of 8 instead of seven with a different villain...

Still, black cheese doesn't look too good. That's all I'm saying.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2010-09-08 at 07:59 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

I know people fear death, that's why I picked yout for yellow In the original group shot picture. It was either you or Rand, and I couldn't think of any other category that fit you.

Plus, yellow was the colour of cheese, your trademark, if I recal correctly.

As for the colour swap... I don't know. I mean, I don't see any reason why not except that I'm basing this story on the Green Lantern stories, but I have said before that we could change things. Though I DO want this to be colourful, and black isn't that colourful. Besides, black is death (a.k.a. evil zombies).

I also don't want to say “no” because...this is a group story and I don't want to say what we can and can't do...
    I don't know...

If it changes your mind, you wouldn't be wearing yellow all the time if you don't want. Just the yellow symbol in your clothing, and all around you just when you're using your powers, to show when you are. And not even wearing yellow. Just glowing yellow and making yellow contructs. Like cheese.

If that doesn't sound good, we can change it so fear is black and yellow is a different emotion. We could have a team of 8 instead of seven with a different villain...

Still, black cheese doesn't look too good. That's all I'm saying.
    It's not a big deal to be honest, I just dislike the colour yellow and don't see how it works with fear. It would be kinda funny if you went for a colour that's the total opposite of the emotion, like pink. That would be lulz. Also, is Death an emotion?

15. - Top - End - #735

There's nothing stopping YOU from just not joining FFFR and just making FI comics.
    It's the same thing that prevents everyone else from realizing what a dumb idea FFFR was and just making FI not dead.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Troll in the Playground

It's not a big deal to be honest, I just dislike the colour yellow and don't see how it works with fear. It would be kinda funny if you went for a colour that's the total opposite of the emotion, like pink. That would be lulz. Also, is Death an emotion?
    You wanna know why yellow works with fear?

People wet their pants when they're afraid.

There. That's how it works.

But okay. Would you rather be pink than yellow?

And no. Death is not an emotion. It is the end of all of the emotions. Therefore, reserved for the ultimate bad guy.

[EDIT]
    It's the same thing that prevents everyone else from realizing what a dumb idea FFFR was and just making FI not dead.
    So...what's stopping you from contributing to FI ( a plot going parallel to FFR, not competing with it) is the same thing that's stopping FI which is...the fact the people like FFFR?

You hate FFFR because you like FFFR?

Or maybe it's because nobody is currently making comics out of confusion.

Are you not making comics because you're confused about the plot you're defending?

Or is it because people don't want to make comics for it at the moment.

Is the fact you don't want to make comics stopping you from making comics?
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2010-09-08 at 08:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

That reminds me. I really dig your older Oots art style, much more then the style you are currently using. I used to really enjoy looking at the pretty illustrations.
    Just my two cents or whatever.
    Yeah... But I don't like to work with round heads, the characters look too similar, and in my style they look squashed.

I'm the creator of FI and I don't mind FFF:R. It's always good to have something light-hearted.

It's due to my perfectionism that FI is in a coma*, not because FFF:R stole all FI's spotlight.

*It's coming back, I tell you! One day, when the stars are right...

18. - Top - End - #738
    Bugbear in the Playground

And now we have three people who want to do this plot.

Um, I've never heard of B'ox or Leezle Pon, but I would like you to know that for this plot, like any plot, we are using our own characters. Except with now Lantern powers!

Also, can we get the originals on board? The people I drew in the group shot (Nameless, Threeshades, Kpenguin, Rand, Lying). If not, cool. Just curious, since I actually think what I've drawn is pretty cool looking. I have a feeling Almighty Salmon isn't going to be playing this.
    B'ox and Leezle Pon are two more, how to put this, obscure members of the green lantern corps. B'ox is a giant sentient brick, and Leezle Pon is a super-intelligent smallpox virus.

I was mainly making an obscure joke, about characters I only know about because of /co/.

Well, Rae can have wings, so we really don't :P

Red- Rage
    Orange- Avarice (greed)
    Yellow- Fear
    Green- Willpower
    Blue- Hope
    Indigo- Compassion
    Star Sapphire- Love

Black- Death
    White -Life
    Those two are optional and special.
    Blue or indigo seem to be the closest matches for Rae, or my own personality, or whatever, we are a lot alike, so one of those.

I'll be Indigo.
    Well then I guess I'm hope. HOPE POWER!!!
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Troll in the Playground

So right now we have

Rage- Q
    Avarice- Mad Mask
    Fear (colour pending)- Nameless
    Willpower- ???
    Hope- Rae Artemi
    Compassion- CrimsonAngel
    Love- ???

If nobody's going to be love (I can't really think of anybody that can represent that) than I was thinking we could shift it's colour (Pink) over to Fear to accomodate Nameless then maybe come up with some other emotion for yellow.

Like...I dunno...Sarcasm? Gloom? Lust? Anybody have any other ideas?
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2010-09-08 at 08:59 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #740

Can I be Willpower?

EDIT: MAKE ME WILLPOWER! MY WILL IS STRONGER THAN YOURS!

EDIT EDIT: Or I could be sarcasm...
    Last edited by Zexion; 2010-09-08 at 09:03 PM.

21. - Top - End - #741

So right now we have

Rage- Q
    Avarice- Mad Mask
    Willpower- ???
    Hope- Rae Artemi
    Compassion- CrimsonAngel
    Love- ???

If nobody's going to be love (I can't really think of anybody that can represent that) than I was thinking we could shift it's colour (Pink) over to Fear to accomodate Nameless then maybe come up with some other emotion for yellow.

Hmm, yellow, yellow, yellow... What emotions are associated with yellow. Yellow can also mean cowardly, which now that I think about it is why the whole yellow=fear thing would make sense.

Okay now, yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, Mellow Yellow, Mellow. Could we make yellow calm? That's the only thing I could think of, and I need some sleep, so yeah.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    Hmm, yellow, yellow, yellow... What emotions are associated with yellow. Yellow can also mean cowardly, which now that I think about it is why the whole yellow=fear thing would make sense.

Okay now, yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, Mellow Yellow, Mellow. Could we make yellow calm? That's the only thing I could think of, and I need some sleep, so yeah.
    Yeah, Nameless! That's another way Yellow works with fear!

Calm? That's a pretty good idea. Though is anybody around here really all that calm?

Another thing I just thought of, though, is that the colours of the rings are not just emotions, they're motivations. Rage, Greed, Hope, Love, Fear, they are all reasons to do stuff. Maybe we could think of emotions that suit that...

Also, the warm colours seem to be negative emotions (Rage, Greed and previously Fear) so maybe yellow should end of being something negative.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2010-09-08 at 09:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #743
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Also, can we get the originals on board? The people I drew in the group shot (Nameless, Threeshades, Kpenguin, Rand, Lying). If not, cool. Just curious, since I actually think what I've drawn is pretty cool looking. I have a feeling Almighty Salmon isn't going to be playing this.
    I'm am very confused as to how Salmon is a Star Sapphire.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

FFF:R exists because a good deal of us don't think GRIMDARK is any fun whatsoever, and were disappointed with the way FFF ended and wanted it to keep going as it was.

So rather than argue about why FI should be retconned, because even I can accept that some people do enjoy the FI setting, we simply made a parallel plot and allowed everyone to contribute to whatever they found most fun. This happened to be the less structured and less serious FFF:R for a good deal of people, simply because it was more accessible. Neither is "A dumb idea", and neither "Killed" the other, and calling a plot a dumb idea is a direct insult to the person who made it, and the people who enjoy it.
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2010-09-08 at 11:07 PM.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

well I'm not one for GRIMDARK but I'm one for more serious stuff, just not super-dark stuff. Not total seriousness, I can live with the seriousness being broken up with humor now and then just not humor all the time.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    well I'm not one for GRIMDARK but I'm one for more serious stuff, just not super-dark stuff. Not total seriousness, I can live with the seriousness being broken up with humor now and then just not humor all the time.
    Serious is good, yes, but the trick is a healthy balance.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Serious is good, yes, but the trick is a healthy balance.
    that is just what I said don't start going parrot on me.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIII - "1 Plot, 2 Plot, Dead Plot, New P

So right now we have

Rage- Q
    Avarice- Mad Mask
    Willpower- ???
    Hope- Rae Artemi
    Compassion- CrimsonAngel
    Love- ???

Quote Originally Posted by Zexion View Post
    Can I be Willpower?

EDIT: MAKE ME WILLPOWER! MY WILL IS STRONGER THAN YOURS!

EDIT EDIT: Or I could be sarcasm...
    So all that's left for me is Love

I think I can get some good ideas working with that

MWAHAHA!

Yeah, Nameless! That's another way Yellow works with fear!

Calm? That's a pretty good idea. Though is anybody around here really all that calm?

Another thing I just thought of, though, is that the colours of the rings are not just emotions, they're motivations. Rage, Greed, Hope, Love, Fear, they are all reasons to do stuff. Maybe we could think of emotions that suit that...

Also, the warm colours seem to be negative emotions (Rage, Greed and previously Fear) so maybe yellow should end of being something negative.
    Since we have that yellow = calm thing may I suggest it representing Laziness or apathy?

Those can be motivating since you want the troublesome problem to go away as fast as possible
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm am very confused as to how Salmon is a Star Sapphire.
    Yeah, I didn't have much to base that on, anyway. I couldn't think of anybody else (though I considered using Q from A Date With The Q). Almighty Salmon, I think, poped into my mind because his "love" for Threeshades started the FFF in the first place. Yeah, it's a strech. But it was just meant for a poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Since we have that yellow = calm thing may I suggest it representing Laziness or apathy?

Those can be motivating since you want the troublesome problem to go away as fast as possible
    That is a very good idea.

So if Nameless would rather have pink for fear, then yellow could be apathy. But since you've claimed the last colour, would you like to take laziness or apathy?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    FFF:R exists because a good deal of us don't think GRIMDARK is any fun whatsoever, and were disappointed with the way FFF ended and wanted it to keep going as it was.
    As I have stated multiple times in the past, Future Imperfect is not GRIMDARK™. Just because the "heroes" are the underdogs and are morally imperfect does not equal a GRIMDARK™ scenario.

There's also nothing in FI that discourages humour; while it is not the main goal of the plot, having some silly moments is always welcome.

So rather than argue about why FI should be retconned, because even I can accept that some people do enjoy the FI setting, we simply made a parallel plot and allowed everyone to contribute to whatever they found most fun. This happened to be the less structured and less serious FFF:R for a good deal of people, simply because it was more accessible. Neither is "A dumb idea", and neither "Killed" the other, and calling a plot a dumb idea is a direct insult to the person who made it, and the people who enjoy it.
    What are your ideas for retconning FI? I'm interested.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2010-09-09 at 06:12 AM.