New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

6 days a week. And they update daily by having a buffer, guest artists at the end of each chapter, and by having for people make the page.

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Ahh :P

Still, i somehow caught up despite all my best efforts. Few more months of ignoreing it i suppose.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #303
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    And do they still update daily? i thought that was a thing they did. (Though how with that artwork remains a mystery)
    They update every day, but not on sundays (as a temporary measure to slowly but surely rebuild their somewhat depleted buffer).

As for the artwork mystery, they are a team: Kern does the line artwork, someone else colors, yet someone else adds more detailed backgrounds etc. I'm sure this is explained somewhere on the site.

edit: Ok: not so much ninja'd as dumb'd: I was answering the last post on page 10, and missed that there was a page 11. *kills self*
    Last edited by Gamall; 2011-06-20 at 06:37 AM.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Opps. BUSTED!

5. - Top - End - #305

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Opps. BUSTED!
    Quick, Chrys! Spin a tale about meeting your secret lover for a quickie! That will get you out of trouble!
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Shinae did tell to Zalaess that Chrystel was going to see the seer? This only makes sense if Christel did tell Shinae were she went after she found the corpse, or did Shinae spy on Chrystel? I am confused here. To much is/was happening off-screen!

Quote Originally Posted by Fion MacCumhail View Post
    well, she looked out of the window and saw a freshly-destroyed summon. so (at least in her opinion) there's no immediate danger anymore.
    Well she can't be sure if the danger did move away (out of the window) or rather did come closer (entered through the window).... Well maybe she did inform Shinae after all, off-screen of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    edit: Ok: not so much ninja'd as dumb'd: I was answering the last post on page 10, and missed that there was a page 11. *kills self*
    Hey this isn't as bad. Everybody makes mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Miklus View Post
    Quick, Chrys! Spin a tale about meeting your secret lover for a quickie! That will get you out of trouble!
    I rather see Chrystel finally confronting her mother. I think she will not back down easily.

By the way, Chrystel really has a lousy twin sister who is reporting every minor misstep of her. What a brat! Now I like Shinae even less! It's ironic that Shinae can't tell Zalaess about the 'major' missteps of Chrystel, or she would be in real trouble too.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilkar View Post
    By the way, Chrystel really has a lousy twin sister who is reporting every minor misstep of her. What a brat! Now I like Shinae even less! It's ironic that Shinae can't tell Zalaess about the 'major' missteps of Chrystel, or she would be in real trouble too.
    Well, seeing today's update it looks like Chrystel does not need any sisterly help to get herself in trouble. "Aunt Sil'lice told me that..." was probably the worst thing she could say.

I am not sure what she is trying to achieve, exactly.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

She is meeting the person that will answer all her questions. Though it might bring about her doom.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Chrystel can't go back now, she let the cat out of the bag. She has to confront her mother until she has her answer. (Or die trying )
    I really like here Chrystel's behavior.

Well, seeing today's update it looks like Chrystel does not need any sisterly help to get herself in trouble. "Aunt Sil'lice told me that..." was probably the worst thing she could say.

She is meeting the person that will answer all her questions. Though it might bring about her doom.
    Well Chrystel has always appeared to me as an confident character and also someone who manages to keep cool under pressure. She is now in doubt about her grandmother, her mother, and about her clan generally. This was for her a lot of pressure not to mention that her friend Naal died and she then almost as well. The dead slave was probably only the last straw. The Kyorl Seer did advise her to confront her mother, and voilà there she was in the hallway.

What does Chrystel want here? She wants the truth out of the mouth of her mother about Diva and the state of the clan.

It certainly fulled her anger as she did see Shinae reporting about her to her mother. Probably she was thinking. "Yea you want to report about me behind my back. Don't bother I'll do it myself in front of you, right here. Lets see how you enjoy that!" Shinae's expression is priceless here btw

Chrystel is displaying certain virtues in confronting her mother this boldly. She has guts, a strong will and refuses to be cowed or to be deceived any longer. She speaks up and demands a true answer for an issue she has some serious doubts. Also that she could figure so much out on her own shows her intelligence and determination. And she doesn't want to damage the Sharen clan. In short she is showing qualities which any (future) leader should have. I hope her mother recognizes that.

The arguments will become quite heated when Zalaeess will try to save the situation in being commanding or threatening to her daughter. At a point Zalaeess must realize that she can't keep this down by grounding her daughter for a month or something likewise. It's time for her to either kill or sedate her own daughter or to have a long honest talk with her. I hope she chooses the latter.

Whatever happens, it will not be pleasant for Shinae!

EDIT: Stupid typos!
    Last edited by Hamilkar; 2011-06-21 at 02:42 PM.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Poor bird. It would not surprise me one bit of it gets eaten by something before the end of the next page. I know she ment well but

11. - Top - End - #311
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Oh well it seems that Zalaeess managed to avoid the confrontation. It's her specialty to appear nice and understanding and therefore to win the argument. Well Chrystel didn't bought it in the end.

Poor bird. It would not surprise me one bit of it gets eaten by something before the end of the next page. I know she ment well but
    Until the purpose of the bird is not clear, it will not die.

Why actually using a bird? You might think that bats, with their ability to better navigate in the darkness, would be more common in the underworld.

Must be an Illhardro issue. They keep the birds probably because of the nice sounds they make. Maybe there is more to it, like an messenger bird who remembers a certain message and can "sing" it on demand?

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh well it seems that Zalaeess managed to avoid the confrontation.
    Heh ? That wasn't Zala, but her daughter - well, one of them. I forgot her name though; it would be nice to have an up-to-date wiki dedicated to Drowtales, if ony to refresh one's memory regarding the googleplex of minor character and their apostrophes-laden names.

edit: I think, at least. Now I have doubts, as she call her "Mother". I never noticed that Zala had blue hair like that... Doesn't Zala have a daughter with blue hair ? Now I'm very confused.

edit2: ok, I'm just confused, that was Zala. Back to work with me. edit3: (Okay, I was confusing Zala and Yami'ni. Not used to seeing Zala in "casual" clothes )
    Last edited by Gamall; 2011-06-24 at 02:59 AM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

@Gamal: I thought I'm the one who is often confused. Zala's new outfit was actual shown in a concept art before. Any way, telling Yami'ni would habe been probably worse than telling Zala, since Yami'ni can be quite vicious, as it was shown in the demon painter side story.

Mentioning the latest page: It seems that Kyonne is attempting to merge Drowtales with a typical Disney song. She is a contrast to all other angst driven young female characters after all.

14. - Top - End - #314

I think Frisk is my new favourite character.
    The poster formerly known as Riyoukaze.
    I am agile, like orange.
    onthetown

15. - Top - End - #315
    Firbolg in the Playground

Mentioning the latest page: It seems that Kyonne is attempting to merge Drowtales with a typical Disney song. She is a contrast to all other angst driven young female characters after all.
    I wonder if the "unicorn jelly" part is a reference to Pasta Defenestrator Helicopter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

16. - Top - End - #316
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    I wonder if the "unicorn jelly" part is a reference to Pasta Defenestrator Helicopter.
    That goes without saying.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Dwarf in the Playground

And I wonder what in tarnation a "Pasta Defenestrator Helicopter" is. Google's most pertinent answer sends me back to this very post.
    Last edited by Gamall; 2011-07-02 at 01:30 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Firbolg in the Playground

It's a reference to this review of a weird webcomic whose author previously made one named Unicorn Jelly.

Also, off topic; but with that blue Wednesday Addams avatar, arenh't you the same Gamall as on Wiwiland?
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

19. - Top - End - #319
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's a reference to this review of a weird webcomic whose author previously made one named Unicorn Jelly.
    Ooookay, that's some obscure reference

Also, off topic; but with that blue Wednesday Addams avatar, arenh't you the same Gamall as on Wiwiland?
    Yes, I am. Well, formerly on Wiwiland would be more like it, I haven't been active there in ages, sadly.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Chrystel just quit the Vel'Sheran?!? Takes real guts for that. Wonder what her reaction could(will?) be if she runs into her "dead" grandma.

And what is Kiel up to? She is visiting the school, but why? Is she heading to the freezer? She does have the key. She does not seem armed to take on the Naal demon (if the demon is actually in control). So what else could she be up to?

21. - Top - End - #321
    Barbarian in the Playground

maybe she wants to feed it/naal.
    kuso already complained about the smell of her luggage.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I wonder how long it's going to be until Mel figures out that she has traded one cage for another. I swear Ariel has more brains and acts more adult than Mel does half the time. Zhor does not look like a happy camper to me. Is he starting to suspect Snad or did Lu talk to him and spill some of what she knows?

Hm. Wonder what woud (will?) happen is Zhor would meet mini Diva.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I wonder how long it's going to be until Mel figures out that she has traded one cage for another.
    Well yes, Mel is a bit dim here. On the other hand, what kind of information does she have that might lead her to the conclusion that Snadh is pure evil? The only hint to far is the fact that Snadhya openly confessed that she founded the Nidraa'chal and she knows from Lu's story how bad they were.

Mel doesn't know what Lu knows, she doesn't know that Diva isn't in power anymore and Snadya's role in it, in short Mel doesn't know what Snadhya is willing to sacrifice to achieve her goals.

By the way, is that only me or are the constant scenery changes and skips is this chapter not confusing? I thought the chapter is about Chystel and her gang, now we did see in a mere couple of pages the Ex-templar, Snad and Mel and as two characters we never have seen before as well. If we follow all characters at all time we follow no one.

Ah and...

Hm. Wonder what woud (will?) happen is Zhor would meet mini Diva.
    Well if Zhor could speak he would say the following: "Well Diva long time no see! I see you haven't grown at all."

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

and as two characters we never have seen before as well. If we follow all characters at all time we follow no one.
    We have seen these two characters before actually. They first showed up in the 2010 Contest (New Tales from Old Chel). Guess who the ones's "mother" is. :)

http://www.drowtales.com/fan-gallery...p?/category/63

Well if Zhor could speak he would say the following: "Well Diva long time no see! I see you haven't grown at all."
    Naw, he would be to busy picking up his fangs. Actually, though it would give Diva a REAL fast/easy way to control Mel if she gets between her and Snad.

25. - Top - End - #325

Oooh! Road side bomb! We might loose Snad sooner than expected! I like this!

This chapter feels like a summary of where everybody is, just to remind us. I think this means that the **** is about to hit the fan. I hope Chrys lives...
    Bad to the Bone!

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Eh, sadly Snad will likely make it one piece. Hope nothing happens to Zhor though. We may not find out what happens until after the time skip.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Well nobody got seriously hurt. As if Snad could die at a moment like this, really. She is actually in a rather good mood given the circumstances. I thought she would rather be pissed and trying to kill as many of the children as possible, well maybe she knows that this won't make a good impression on Mel.

Actually nothing major did happen so far, well except that we see the former imperial guard Mikilu the first time in the regular comic after the prologue and Silice's flashback, if I am not mistaken. Did she plan the bombing then?

Bet that we cut to another character in the next page?

28. - Top - End - #328

Damn! So close to getting rid of Snad. But you are right, she can not die just yet.

Here's a prediction: It will be Mel that does her in.
    Bad to the Bone!

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Damn! So close to getting rid of Snad. But you are right, she can not die just yet.

Yeah to bad about Snad still being alive. Poor Zhor. :( I can only see one thing that would push Mel to take out Snads and that would be if Snads went after Ariel.

And there is a surprise guest star!

30. - Top - End - #330
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Ah, its Chrystel again and she is planning to do.....wait ... WHAT!?!

As usual the males in Drowtales provide the voice of reason.

Chrys, this is so daring, 10.000.000 things could go wrong, that's why it simply must work!

He, I can already see a meeting with Diva, new chapter nine like nicer Silice and Chrys all togeather drinking tee. Come to think of it, Chys always wanted to see Diva, so she might get her wish. (Possible first greeting: “That are my old clothes, Sarghress slave!”) And Nau could also run into Ariel, that would be fun! So many good possibilities.

Well mine is that she first kills Mel, and later Snadhya will be killed by Ariel with help from Chrys, Chiri, Diva and some expendable males.

You know some typical high drama, I would like it that way.

EDIT: Made a sentence more clear.
    Last edited by Hamilkar; 2011-07-18 at 12:05 PM.