New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

Looks like somone is a nether summoner and drained the mana from the armor. Not 100% sure it's the rebels work though. In theory this could be a Nihd plot for the Sharens to take over the city. More likely it's a rebel nether summoner though, since the rebels seem to know what is going on. Of course in that case, the rebels are screwed. Most of the Sharen forces are tainted and you can't drain mana from a dragon very well. It's LUNCH TIME!

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ettin in the Playground

Unless, of course, the Nids in the rebellion are trying to frame the Sharen so that there's an excuse to kill Chrys and her brother before "order is restored."

3. - Top - End - #543
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    ...and you can't drain mana from a dragon very well.
    where did you get that from?
    dragons need to be tainted just like any other fae in order to be resistant to the nether demons' mana-draining.
    most sharen dragons are tainted, of course, but at least the one chrys and nau are riding is not.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Fion MacCumhail View Post
    where did you get that from?
    dragons need to be tainted just like any other fae in order to be resistant to the nether demons' mana-draining.
    most sharen dragons are tainted, of course, but at least the one chrys and nau are riding is not.
    Dragons and other Fae cannot be drained by a demon. They are eaten/possesed by the demon. You can drain all the mana power from a golum (which is what those suits are) but a demon cannot eat/posses one.

5. - Top - End - #545

again, where did you get that from?

6. - Top - End - #546
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Read earlier in the chapter. http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive...apters&id=1724 "One Gate would disable them." One of the earlier chapters has Kiel talking about haveing the golums cut off from the neather so they cannot be attacked that way.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Bugbear in the Playground

Read earlier in the chapter. http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive...apters&id=1724 "One Gate would disable them." One of the earlier chapters has Kiel talking about haveing the golums cut off from the neather so they cannot be attacked that way.
    I think Fion is referring to the idea that you cannot drain a living being aura but can only taint it.

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

8. - Top - End - #548

indeed.
    as far as i know, demons will feed on any available source of mana as long as there's no fae that's weak enough to be taken over. it doesn't matter if the source is a focus, a mana blast or someone's aura.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack217 View Post
    I think Fion is referring to the idea that you cannot drain a living being aura but can only taint it.
    Actually that was what I was referning to when I said you can't drain mana from a dragon.

10. - Top - End - #550

we know that.
    what we don't know, though, is where you got that idea.

this is starting to turn into a piece of absurd comedy...
    Last edited by Fion MacCumhail; 2011-12-12 at 08:36 AM.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Ah, it's little Miss 'Kill All the Helpless Slaves' again. I have a feeling that something Very Bad will happen to her very shortly.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Besides Shodun we now see Kalki too. The presence Snadhya's daughter must mean that the Nidraa'chal leader has an interest in the civil war, as well. I wonder what's her game?

Seems that Shodun is somehow regretting the dying of all her Illhardro sisters meaning she still has some attachment to her old clan.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilkar View Post
    Seems that Shodun is somehow regretting the dying of all her Illhardro sisters meaning she still has some attachment to her old clan.
    Or she is a good actor and playing her own game. She seemed not to be all that upset about opening a nether portal inside the rebels defences.

The Nids are certainly at work here, but it looks like Zala showing up may have helped screw up their plans. Of course what where their plans?

14. - Top - End - #554
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Wow, Zala just admitted she was part of the coupe against Diva. :O

And it also shows that she never understood what Diva was doing. Part of it is probably Diva's fault in that she didn't talk enough. On the other hand killing your mother because she does not talk enough isn't justified. The Longest Wait clearly shows that she did love her kids a great deal, the fears she had and why she controled so much. And now that Diva is no longer ruler it seems that she was dead on right in her fears. Chel is ripping itself apart and weapons of mass destruction are being brought back online again (A killer plague, Karka, dad tainting and we have a new set mentioned in this chapter) and the demons are back.

I think Diva and the Klaus Wulfenbach would understand each other almost immediatly.

15. - Top - End - #555

Balsii surrenders?!

I'm as surprised as anybody. Won't Nega have her head?

I can't see any Chel fraction surrender and not get massacred. You are either tained or not. You are either a greyskin or not. At least half the population will die in the upgoning war. And that is only if none of the WMD is deployed...
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

16. - Top - End - #556

Eh, I think the civilians will be okay if they stay out of the way. In other news, on of the subscription sections has hit a rough patch, and any help play-grounders could provide would be appreciated. Path to power has a vibrant and active community and would welcome your support.
    Free Archive
    Path to Power Main Page
    Fan Wiki
    subscribe

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Well, new chapter and a new character. Chel is really in bad shape and it will probably get worse before it gets better. I think there is a real high chance that there is going to be a "lunchtime" on the next page. Hope I am wrong, but this is Drowtales.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Yeah, I was right. Lunch. The merlady was polite about it though. Sad the choices the mother had. She clearly cared but starving drowing or sold to Jaal's where the only options. And they are all bad options.

Why do I get the feeling that Sata was an elf and had been heavily "modified"?

19. - Top - End - #559

This is some of the creepiest drowtales yet, and it was not short of creep beforehand.

Yeah, Sata was probably a drow at some point, the skin color suggests so. Note that Wafay has cat eyes and ears. So now we have catgirls. Well, we already had the ferals, but... Now we have two kinds, I guess.

And what is this "Duty of the Dragon Princess" thing??? Don't tell me that...Oh my gawd. They put Chrys in the adult section! Not Chrys, you bastaaaaaaards!
    Last edited by Miklus; 2012-01-17 at 01:01 PM.
    Bad to the Bone!

20. - Top - End - #560
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miklus View Post
    This is some of the creepiest drowtales yet, and it was not short of creep beforehand.
    Why, the mutant monsters who talk bizarrely? Not the first ones. The Vlozrez have plenty of them as well. In fact, the number one plot device in that story (demonic taint) is an endless source of mutant monsters.

Note that Wafay has cat eyes and ears.
    It's not just the shape of her hood?
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

21. - Top - End - #561

And what is this "Duty of the Dragon Princess" thing??? Don't tell me that...Oh my gawd. They put Chrys in the adult section! Not Chrys, you bastaaaaaaards!
    well, every character ends up there eventually and she's already in her thirties now (physically in her late teens), so it's high time by DT standards.
    also, they've been running that story (and another ad for it) for quite some time now (one month? two?), as far as i know.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Aaaaand our main character arrives! Ariel certainly has grown up quite a bit and Faen is talking again. And a feral in armor?

23. - Top - End - #563

Am I the only one who noticed that Ariel forgot her right foci gauntlet when disembarking?
    Bad to the Bone!

24. - Top - End - #564

well, considering that the pilots-in-training seem to have only one focus gauntlet each, i'd say yes, you are the only one.
    kyne (the trainer) may have two because both of hers contain only one focus.

p.s.: of course, there is still the possibility that kau has also forgotten his/her (what twin was male again?^^) gauntlet, but that would result in too much nudity for the main story, i think.
    p.p.s.: and if someone was to point out that (s)he hasn't really left his/her golem yet and therefore hasn't forgotten the gauntlet... well, the same thing goes for ariel.
    Last edited by Fion MacCumhail; 2012-01-26 at 05:44 PM.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Aaaaand our main character arrives! Ariel certainly has grown up quite a bit and Faen is talking again. And a feral in armor?
    Yes Finally! However after seeing how Chrystel changed in the previous chapters, Ariels maturing wasn't really unexpected.

Am I the only one who noticed that Ariel forgot her right foci gauntlet when disembarking?
    Well it doesn't mean that they should remove the gauntlets while they are inside the golem. Maybe they first go out and then put the equipment back into the golem?

I am the only one who notices that Ariel's nose is pretty long in the first panel but in the second it seems to be rather small?

Also due to the fact that Faen does not pilot one of the mechs ahh golems, does that mean that Diva is piloting one of them, or do we get a new character? (Teacher, Ariel, Twins and Sarnel) Well we will see that likely tomorrow.

Also Ariel really seems to love the color purple now. More purple... moar!!!

26. - Top - End - #566
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

The other pilots just seem to be background characters. I think Diva is playing the part of advisor and teacher and will not be in the field much. I don't think we will see her this book and if we do it will be near the end. After 15 years I wonder how many pies Diva has her finders into.

As for the purple, Ariel IS the head of Team Purple.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

The other pilots just seem to be background characters.
    Aren't they Sillice's twins? I thought I recognised them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    Aren't they Sillice's twins? I thought I recognised them.
    Exactly, Sillice's twins have the similar hairstyle, speech bubble colors, and even eye color that the characters here. The pilots even have the same names than the children of Lady frost...

I mean this is a strong hint of the members of team Ariel after the timeskip, isn't it?

The other pilots just seem to be background characters. I think Diva is playing the part of advisor and teacher and will not be in the field much. I don't think we will see her this book and if we do it will be near the end. After 15 years I wonder how many pies Diva has her finders into.
    So if we see Diva disembarking of one golem the next pages or so, would I be getting a cookie from you then?

29. - Top - End - #569

To quote myself:

... Note that Wafay has cat eyes and ears. So now we have catgirls. Well, we already had the ferals, but... Now we have two kinds, I guess.
    Huh. No cat ears on that one. It was just her hood after all.

But she did have cat eyes back on page nine.
    Bad to the Bone!

30. - Top - End - #570
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilkar View Post
    Exactly, So if we see Diva disembarking of one golem the next pages or so, would I be getting a cookie from you then?
    No cookie for you. Besides why would Diva be getting combat training? She is just a lowley servant, not high ranking Val or anything. Besides with what Diva knows it would not be a big surprise if she could make that armor dance a jig and not even be inside it at the time.