New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default How to recruit a succubus.

Well, I recently asked on these boards for a good plane to send a succubus, well we didn't send her anywhere but she is beaten, I am currently negotiating with the rest of the party how much loot she is worth. Assuming success I will have a wounded unconscious uber-succubus that I intend to recruit. So aside from threatening to sell her to Baator, she already likely dislikes me no need to further her mistrust by black mail, though I have probably earned a few points, the other character who wanted her was a possession imp, well him and the vampire who wants to sell her. What are some methods to keep her from killing me the moment my back is turned?

So far the only thing I can think of is to pay her well, with the possible addition of bardic magic to make certain memories go away.
    Last edited by druid91; 2010-09-06 at 11:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: How to recruit a succubus.

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    Well, I recently asked on these boards for a good plane to send a succubus, well we didn't send her anywhere but she is beaten, I am currently negotiating with the rest of the party how much loot she is worth. Assuming success I will have a wounded unconscious uber-succubus that I intend to recruit. So aside from threatening to sell her to Baator, she already likely dislikes me no need to further her mistrust by black mail. What are some methods to keep her from killing me the moment my back is turned?

So far the only thing I can think of is to pay her well, with the possible addition of bardic magic to make certain memories go away.
    She'll take your money and backstab you, possibly with the intermediate step of seducing you. I mean, what do you expect?

Having not seen the previous thread, some info on your character/s would be helpful.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

You could use Planar Ally or Planar Binding spells. Dominate Monster would also work. Or just roll really well on your diplomacy check, and then use mind reading/truth spells/sense motive to make sure she isn't plotting against you.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Yet another problem easily solvable by Mindrape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well, I recently asked on these boards for a good plane to send a succubus, well we didn't send her anywhere but she is beaten, I am currently negotiating with the rest of the party how much loot she is worth. Assuming success I will have a wounded unconscious uber-succubus that I intend to recruit. So aside from threatening to sell her to Baator, she already likely dislikes me no need to further her mistrust by black mail, though I have probably earned a few points, the other character who wanted her was a possession imp, well him and the vampire who wants to sell her. What are some methods to keep her from killing me the moment my back is turned?

Only way I can really see her not working you over good before making with the go poof is to use some kind of permanent mind control on her. I used a mind benders eternal charm to a similar affect or if you have the gold pick up a scroll of thrall but that will set you back a bit over 8k. Other than that anything else you use will only delay the inevitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
    the PC's stereotypical goal of killing everything in sight and stealing everything that isn't both nailed down and on fire.
    LOL

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

That I be careful? Basically my character is a part demon, part devil, part human, far realms-ian horror. Yes he is evil.

As for seducing him bad idea he knows how succubus work and is basically living deadly poison when he wants to be, taking money not likely unless she does her job. Backstabbing me? I am looking for methods of prevention right now, I would like a little help though as opposed to a "Don't try it" if I try and it fails I still had fun didn't I?

Besides It would at least be funny to see what happens to my bases servants while I'm gone if she is there, Do they show up beheaded in corners, or do they get found drained of life force in the pantry, or do they miraculously survive the week? Its like deadly wheel of fortune.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

That I be careful? Basically my character is a part demon, part devil, part human, far realms-ian horror. Yes he is evil.

As for seducing him bad idea he knows how succubus work and is basically living deadly poison when he wants to be, taking money not likely unless she does her job. Backstabbing me? I am looking for methods of prevention right now, I would like a little help though as opposed to a "Don't try it" if I try and it fails I still had fun didn't I?

Besides It would at least be funny to see what happens to my bases servants while I'm gone if she is there, Do they show up beheaded in corners, or do they get found drained of life force in the pantry, or do they miraculously survive the week? Its like deadly wheel of fortune.
    part demon and devil? Already so confused...
    Your char is living poison when he wants to be, a succubi's suggestion is usually "give me a kiss." But it could be "Don't be living poison for the next 5 minutes" (until she level drains you).
    The backstab doesn't have to be literal rogue sneak attacking. She could be selling you out to your enemies as a form of backstab.

Perhaps you should link us to your other thread. Still a bit unsure of what's going on.
    You encountered a succubus with class levels, and have taken her prisoner? And want to either sell her into slavery, or keep her as your paid minion?
    Well demons are chaotic, so in the end the only way to control one is via magic, or by being so powerful the demon knows it's better off on your side. And that if it could get free to some other stronger side, it wouldn't matter because you'd still be strong enough to get your vengeance.
    Mindrape her? Contingency spell of planar binding, if she ever betrays you (Betrayal would have to be specifically defined), gets bound to the plane you're on, and hopefully either you, or your party would then be able to kill her permanently.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

It's the same way as recruiting anything else. You have to know what they want, and offer it to them in such a way as to make it a more attractive option than not being recruited.

So, what does this Succubus actually want?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    It's the same way as recruiting anything else. You have to know what they want, and offer it to them in such a way as to make it a more attractive option than not being recruited.

This. It's much more interesting to try to make it worth her while to stay.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Pfft, this is Dungeons & Dragons, not Princesses & Ponies. Kill her and harvest the delicious experience points.
    Quote Originally Posted by MammonAzrael View Post
    Causing Hideous laughter is an Extraordinary ability of 20th level monks.

At least, it should be.
    Proud Supporter of Vorpal Tribble's Monster Competition

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Schylerwalker View Post
    Pfft, this is Dungeons & Dragons, not Princesses & Ponies. Kill her and harvest the delicious experience points.
    Oh, but you underestimate the potential for harm an allied succubus provides. Succubi are literally born with all of the tools they need to be perfect spies, diplomats, and assassins. Killing her would (without certain spells in place) merely free her to her plane of origin and irritate her. Giving her a reason to stick around and not sell you out at the first opportunity, on the other hand...
    Spoiler
    Show
    If the line between genius and madness is so thin...

Then why do so few in this day and age toe said line?

Thanks to Bongos for the v-13 avvie!

I think the lesson that we can take away from this is that tentacles solve everything, and if you have a problem, then you just need more tentacles. - seadragonknight of the BG boards.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DaragosKitsune View Post
    Oh, but you underestimate the potential for harm an allied succubus provides. Succubi are literally born with all of the tools they need to be perfect spies, diplomats, and assassins. Killing her would (without certain spells in place) merely free her to her plane of origin and irritate her. Giving her a reason to stick around and not sell you out at the first opportunity, on the other hand...
    Slain outsiders only return to their plane of oirigin if they were summoned. Otherwise, they're actually killed. In some cases they can reform, but it's usually many thousands of years later, when the offending character is long dead.

Either way, I jest. A succubus could, potentially, be a very useful ally. Especially one with class levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by MammonAzrael View Post
    Causing Hideous laughter is an Extraordinary ability of 20th level monks.

At least, it should be.
    Proud Supporter of Vorpal Tribble's Monster Competition

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

No class levels, just some sort of power boost to epic levels, we are level 13 gestalts, most of whom are optimized to eleven and holding themselves back to make the game fun. The Dm mentioned, I think it was the fiendish codex something like that.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post

I echo Tiki Snakes and Davester. Find out what she wants, and see if you can't offer it to her and work with her that way.

It will be difficult to get her to be chummy with you, but if your DM is willing to make this happen, and you find a way of her working with you to be profitable to her? Then you're golden.

On a more personal note, I recommend becoming good friends with her if possible. I hear they're a terror in the bed chamber.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Well what a succubus would want is precisely what I'm trying to figure out, So far the only idea of what she could want I came up with was people to terrorize, Invisibly plane-shifting people off the street to the base for her enjoyment. What else would a succubus want? Gold? probably a new whip, the vampire took the old one and I can't afford both her and the whip out of my cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Schylerwalker View Post
    You do realize we already get experience for beating her down, right? Killing her just makes her go away.

AS for her disappearing, She, when she wakes up will be informed of my characters ability to hunt her down anywhere. Besides I don't plan on letting her within five feet of me until absolutely(Read: ridiculously paranoid, to the point that I called "horrible monster that wants to kill us" when an "extremely attractive woman" walked into the room.)
    Last edited by druid91; 2010-09-07 at 06:24 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Besides It would at least be funny to see what happens to my bases servants while I'm gone if she is there, Do they show up beheaded in corners, or do they get found drained of life force in the pantry,
    No, that only happens after she has seduced them into betraying you.

Succubi are immune to poison.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

It's technically not poison, I just describe it like that when explaining, I do con damage by draining life force. I like to think of it as violently making them non-euclidean on the inside.

And she won't need to seduce them into betraying me, they will all be kidnapped off the streets. They're already going to be trying to betray me, hence the high turnover rate in staff.
    Last edited by druid91; 2010-09-07 at 07:02 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

Well what a succubus would want is precisely what I'm trying to figure out, So far the only idea of what she could want I came up with was people to terrorize, Invisibly plane-shifting people off the street to the base for her enjoyment. What else would a succubus want? Gold? probably a new whip, the vampire took the old one and I can't afford both her and the whip out of my cut.
    And that's a tough one. I imagine she's unique, given how powerful she is, so it's likely a safe bet that she's unique in her personality traits as well. For a succubus, anyhow. If you can't talk with her and find something, I highly recommend mind-reading her if it's at all possible. That way you've got all the chips on your side of the table when the negotiating starts.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Well we've got multiple telepaths in the team, I might be able to get one of them to help.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

You do realize we already get experience for beating her down, right? Killing her just makes her go away.
    Yeah. You get XP for beating an encounter. This does not necessarily include killing all the bad guys (or good guys, depending on what you're playing).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

21. - Top - End - #21

True name?

With it you have her by the ===== which she doesn't have, so you might be in a bit of a predicament here?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

You have so much in common! You should use true love to get her on your side. Start buying gems and minor evil magic items and leaving them in her room, escalating in value and prettiness until she figures it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    You have so much in common! You should use true love to get her on your side. Start buying gems and minor evil magic items and leaving them in her room, escalating in value and prettiness until she figures it out.
    That sounds like a plot for a second succubus paladin in the making
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well, your both evil. Agree to destabilize a country or five. Seriously though she's evil and immortal. If you give her some decent reasons she might stick around for the lols.
    "78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature."
    I really haven't. The players quickly move to the tavern after the campaign starts but they never start there. Even the three which have taken place in a city.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

The only problem with that is the devil in the party, currently the one I am haggling with to get the demon. And my character already destabilizes countries for fun as it is.
    Last edited by druid91; 2010-09-07 at 08:35 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

Oh. Right. There's a devil.

Well, beautiful really. SurlySeraph is on the very, very right track. You take his advice; you and the succubus can also both play horrific (and chaotic) pranks on your devil friend. Nothing he can't recover from, naturally. While the two of you do things like this, it gives you a chance to bond, maybe have a bit of romantic tension in there. Have one of the pranks involve you getting her some roses (or the abyssal equivalent).

Ideally, she'll want to stick around because you're charming (you ARE charming, aren't you?), and she gets attached to you.
    Last edited by Greymane; 2010-09-07 at 08:39 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground

Every critter has its price, you just have to find hers.

Zone of truth might help with this? make her tell you honestly what she wants most of all.

If she says "To kill you!" then you might be at an impass.

Other than that though after you find out the price its on you to be able to provide that price, or atleast give the illusion that you are ~.^

You can learn alot from the Baron Vladamir Harkonen :D

28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Genn Greymane View Post
    Have one of the pranks involve you getting her some roses (or the abyssal equivalent).
    .... What the heck does an abyssal rose look like? Jet-black with tiny needle-like thorns and grows on the corpses of those that died in agony?
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    [..] that post by Crasical...I can't find the words. Were I capable of emotion, I would cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokuhara View Post
    That's beautiful Crasical... Simply marvelous.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Does being an amusingly confusing, non-euclidean fiendish monster man with a penchant for waging a one creature war on a gnomish country when bored count?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by Crasical View Post
    .... What the heck does an abyssal rose look like? Jet-black with tiny needle-like thorns and grows on the corpses of those that died in agony?
    An excellent guess, but Abyssal Roses never look the same twice, and grow on the backs of Pit Fiends (they're chaotic, they do what they want), just where their wings meet their backs. This also shows you're willing to take risks for her.

Does being an amusingly confusing, non-euclidean fiendish monster man with a penchant for waging a one creature war on a gnomish country when bored count?
    Hm. Could be a problem. Let's hope she doesn't see you as more of a pet or... Baator forbid, a cute little brother.